• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen what is the diffrence between fire red independent and fire red squirrels?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
moved to our third generation forum. Pok?mon Gaming Central is for topics that do not apply to a specific game, but instead discuss the game series as a whole.

i wasn't able to find an answer to your question though. I believe that most different versions of older Pokemon games are just localization changes, but I couldn't find anything to confirm that in this one particular case. hopefully someone who knows will come along.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 24, 2021
The independent version is actually fire red 1.1 and squirrels is 1.0, if you just want to play fire red you should choose 1.1 version as it has more bug fixes and 1.0 if you want to play rom-hacks that are based on fire red. (Except if the rom-hack supports 1.1)

Back