• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Victory road, not only was the place near impossible for me to get through at 4 years old but my god! That place must have been and breeding ground for ground type pokemon! if it wasn't a damned Onix smacking the crap out of my pokemon it was a damned Zubat!

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
The fact that you can't see the power of attacks. Still have to look a lot up on serebii everytime.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
The part that most annoyed me is that I really wanted a Houndoom for the Elite Four, and then I realized that I couldn't get one until I beat the elite four. Also, none of my friends had gotten that far, so they couldn't trade me one. However, I ended up training an Arcanine that I really liked, and I ended up catching a Houndour and being very disappointed with my Houndoom's stats.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
The first gym in Yellow. Yeah, Brocks gym.

I know its not a specific area.. I guess, and it only really pertains to one game, rather than a generation.. But oh well.

Yeah, anyone who has played Yellow knows this very well. I believe a nice portion of people in.. Whenever Yellow came out gave up on Pokemon because of this XD. Oh, so many adventures stopped before they could ever start.

I mean, you have to grossly over level Pikachu if you want to stand a chance, and even if you catch a Pidgey or Nidoran/Nidorino you still have a tough time getting through their defense with those measly attacks. The only chance you have is using Double Team 5 times in a row so you cant be touched, and then Quick Attacking for like 10 turns each to finally deal enough damage to take them down.. And you dont learn Quick Attack or Double Team until like Lv. 15, and its pretty much still not a gurantee youll win unless you level to 20,m easily 10 levels higher than Brocks Geodude and 8 than Onyx, and yet theres STILL a high possibilty of you dying D:...

Lol, sorry for my rant, just started an Electric UMC with Yellow as the Gen I representative XD.

Who agrees with me that this is most likely the most annoying part of any of the Pokemon games? :P

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Quite frankly, it was very inconvenient to come back to the RBY generation games after you've played such advanced and convenient games... like not having a select for key items, etc.

OlaPola

Mr.Kaizer/Awesome
Years
the randomness of how to get flash, the scientist is like in the middle of nowhere! Whats the deal with that? I went through rock cave without flash, it took hours, and lots of money on repels.

Second, the house on the island with the fire-gym. I can't remember being told where to find that key to the door, but I found it in pure frustration.

The safari-zone "quest", when you have no idea where to look for surf. And when you finally find the right house, your steps are up right in front of the door.

hahaiamchris

Ultimate Dragon Taimer
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Yellow

In Pokemon yellow, it would be the first gym, because the only starter is Pikachu.

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
I was little... and had NO clue how to get rid of the little trees... When I FINALLY found out to use cut, my Pokémon were already around level 40-50. Played the game with alot of ease from there...

Years
Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel and S.S. Anne. I hated the S.S. Anne with a passion. Also, i thought it was annoying how your rival turns up out of nowhere. After beating several trainers, you get ambushed by your rival. Also, how many Sailors and Gentlemen were on that cruise liner?

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 32
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Rock Tunnel for sure! And also as with any other Pokemon game.. Victory Road was a total migraine as well. Yeah, I am a proud cave hater. :D

Years
The Caves, Rock Tunnel in particular, as Flash did little to nothing to facilitate spelunking, in the older generations. Wrap was also annoying in Gen I, due to the fact that it sometimes prevented your Pokemon from attacking.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
My most derpy moment in Pokémon ever - I didn't know you had to have Flash to get through Rock Tunnel, so I had to angle my GameBoy towards the sun all the time to see where I was going (because it was there faintly).

However, what really annoyed me most in Red was this particular sentence:

"Congratulations Sam! You're now the Pokémon League Champion!

... or you would have been, except you have one more challenge to face."

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

MatTres

Where to begin...
Years
I think everyone agrees upon Rock Tunnel. XP

Besides that, I'd say the only thing I think the game could've improved on was the general flow. There are many moments where the player has to guess where to go and what to do, and many times younger children get stuck. (This is why I think most non-veterans refuse to play these games.)

A prime example would be the guards posted around Saffron City. The soda machines? Really?? Come on, guys.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
Any tunnels/caves with Zubat/Golbat in em, besides the obvious Cerulean Cave with Mewtwo and Wobbuffet. :)
I also really hated the super complicated cave puzzles. One reason, the *countless* Zubats that attacked, second, they were freakin' impossible! Like, trying to figure out where to move what boulder and what path to take while a thousand Zubats attacked every second, probably worse than hell. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back