The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Discussions & Debates
Debate Population Control

Discussions & Debates Have a seat at Discussions & Debates for in-depth discussions, extended or serious conversations, and current events. From world news to talks on life, growing up, relationships, and issues in society, this is the place to be. Come be a knight.

Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:07 AM).
Oro.........?
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
I think government has an important role to actually handle the population growth. Too many growth will cause over population and too less birth rate will cause the country to have more senior citizens and less productive teenage and future generation citizens. The imbalance of population can lead to serious consequences in terms of economic growth ,supply and demand balance, etc.

So far, there are countries that have been enacted policies for controlling or encouraging population growth such as "One child per family" policy in China and Japan who also trying to encouraging the male and females to get mated for giving birth more children.

In the end, ethical issue might be still a thing but I think the government had to sacrifice it to save the population from getting overgrow or shrink.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:29 PM).
Space Waifu

Quote:
    Originally Posted by killer-curry View Post
    So far, there are countries that have been enacted policies for controlling or encouraging population growth such as "One child per family" policy in China and Japan who also trying to encouraging the male and females to get mated for giving birth more children.
    Well according to Yuta, the low birth rates in Japan aren't really a huge deal due to how overpopulated the country is.
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:11 PM).
    naughty biscotti
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
    Well according to Yuta, the low birth rates in Japan aren't really a huge deal due to how overpopulated the country is.
    I really don't think that's what the video said. Basically it's point was that CNN misrepresented a Japanese government report that 40% of Japanese are virgins where the report actually said 40% of single people in Japan are virgins - which is a lot more understandable.

I don't know if population control is necessary in most parts of the world. Maybe in Africa, where population growth rates are still high.
    Old 3 Weeks Ago (3:41 PM).
    Oro.........?
    • Silver Tier

Africa is in quite undeveloped country, they cant really manage well their population growth. The majority people over there are in poverty, unemployed and some are even having food issue. Also, overpopulation in undeveloped countries causing the possible migration of people to some countries which are quite developed and they staying there to work because in their own countries job become more scarce and low paying.

In Malaysia, the population of the foreign workers is more than the population of the third major race, Indian. Besides, these workers are mostly come from Myanmar, Bangladesh, India, some even from Africa and many more.

In the end, Overpopulation still a great issue for undeveloped countries besides the possible migration of people oversea to find a better job, the food and goods are also getting more demand and the supply depletes more than they can produce in the country, and will cause malnutrition in some area.
    Old 1 Week Ago (3:56 AM).

You should only think about the Ethic when the choice you are given does not have a big importance.
      A massive growth of population is unsustainable, so, unless we rapidly get new technology to be able to colonize space, we will have to stabilize population, some people think it will happen naturally, I hope so, but if it doesn't happen, we will have to do something, and thinking ethic here is irrelevant.
      Old 1 Week Ago (5:54 PM).
      My daddy's got a tazor.

Nature: Naive
        So as far as ways to stabilize population growth, my idea to put birth control in the water, and only the financially stable people that can afford to buy normal water, can then reproduce, didn't go well with anyone else...
        Overpopulation is still only a problem for countries going through the 2nd phase of development, but it usually stabilizes. But, I wonder if the world can handle the overpopulation of many African countries at once.

Sponsored Links