• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pkm's Black and White League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sure, I'll wait, do you want to try w/out sub/pro to see how it goes down?

Sort of an experiment

I'd do that only if we were playing a casual match where I wasn't required to bring three flying types against three plus rock types. If you want to do that, then I won't bring them.

Years
Ok, so I'd like a badge match your way first

Then after experimental friendly?

Sure. I'll be there in another minute or so.

ETA: Ready whenever you are. I'll need to switch teams after the gym battle though.

Whew. Defended my gym 2-0. I'm surprised though. I thought I was dead when you crit'd dear Shattersky. And then again when I switched Gliscor into that Heat Wave.

OK. So casual now. Thank god. I don't think I have the little concentration it takes to pull another stall match.

Oh, and if you see Moltres and freak, I feel obligated to tell you that this is a cloned Moltres and does not run SubRoost. lol

Last edited:

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Sure. I'll be there in another minute or so.

ETA: Ready whenever you are. I'll need to switch teams after the gym battle though.

Whew. Defended my gym 2-0. I'm surprised though. I thought I was dead when you crit'd dear Shattersky. And then again when I switched Gliscor into that Heat Wave.

OK. So casual now. Thank god. I don't think I have the little concentration it takes to pull another stall match.

That was a waste of time, teams like yours are the reason sub/protect need to be banned, Gliscor with protect and sub? C'mon really? Winning by having the most PP, very cheap in my opinion.

Years
That was a waste of time, teams like yours are the reason sub/protect need to be banned, Gliscor with protect and sub? C'mon really? Winning by having the most PP, very cheap in my opinion.

Blame Smogon for the Gliscor; originally I ran Fling set. and yeah, I realize that, but you knew what you were getting before we battled. I know I used Moltres against you for Gym Battle Round 1, and I'm pretty sure that you've seen my Gliscor before?

I'll also say that based on your previous suggestions that banning SubRoost/SubProtect does you no good if you keep it to the entire ban only on challengers to even out the type disadvantage. Still I honestly don't see a way around it with you. Rock gym v. flying gym? Without a type of stall, I'd get slaughtered. And while I don't mind losing, I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that getting 6-0'd is no fun whatsoever. Plus I don't really want to just hand out badges to whoever challenges me.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Blame Smogon for the Gliscor; originally I ran Fling set. and yeah, I realize that, but you knew what you were getting before we battled. I know I used Moltres against you for Gym Battle Round 1, and I'm pretty sure that you've seen my Gliscor before?

I'll also say that based on your previous suggestions that banning SubRoost/SubProtect does you no good if you keep it to the entire ban only on challengers to even out the type disadvantage. Still I honestly don't see a way around it with you. Rock gym v. flying gym? Without a type of stall, I'd get slaughtered. And while I don't mind losing, I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that getting 6-0'd is no fun whatsoever. Plus I don't really want to just hand out badges to whoever challenges me.

Look, I not flaming, I'm just saying

I'm a Rock leader yes, but I get around it. I have many more weaknesses than you and make do quite well, I had to alter my team to give every poke a stall/phaze move just to keep up with you. You only have to have 3 flying types, the other three could be fighting Ground and fire to counter your your weakness.

My real point is that sub/pro on 1 or 2 pokes is one thing but

- Put both on one set - Cheap
- Max PP (Which I know you do) - Uber cheap
- Nearly every poke is a stall wall - What the F! Just attack already
- Every second turn is a protect or a sub - Just killing the whole point of the game which is to battle.

The way you fight, you may as well change your gym badge to the little green sub doll.

- There should be a rule at least banning sub/pro from the same set
- And a rule banning the use of more than 10 pp per poke (No PP Max on Sub/Pro)

If this sub/pro is allowed, Double team and Minimize should be allowed for sure.

Does anyone agree with me or should I just STFU?

Years
Look, I not flaming, I'm just saying

I'm a Rock leader yes, but I get around it. I have many more weaknesses than you and make do quite well, I had to alter my team to give every poke a stall/phaze move just to keep up with you. You only have to have 3 flying types, the other three could be fighting Ground and fire to counter your your weakness.

My real point is that sub/pro on 1 or 2 pokes is one thing but

- Put both on one set - Cheap
- Max PP (Which I know you do) - Uber cheap
- Nearly every poke is a stall wall - What the F! Just attack already
- Every second turn is a protect or a sub - Just killing the whole point of the game which is to battle.

The way you fight, you may as well change your gym badge to the little green sub doll.

- There should be a rule at least banning sub/pro from the same set
- And a rule banning the use of more than 10 pp per poke (No PP Max on Sub/Pro)

If this sub/pro is allowed, Double team and Minimize should be allowed for sure.

Does anyone agree with me or should I just STFU?

Nearly every poke is a wall? Uh... not really. Gliscor and Moltres I won't deny, but the rest are not walls. If I didn't have to keep switching around, I could've done a mini-sweep with Viriz earlier and would've attacked more. Half of the team was offensive, two were walls, one was a stallbreaker. If they came across as differet I apologize.

I am, however, sorry for stalling you (again). I'll be a bastard about it during the battle - I play to win - but afterwards I'll feel sorry for it. Though I'll admit that this entire arguement is getting us nowhere and is quite repetitive. I'm sorry for stalling you, but there seem to be two obvious solutions that'd help you out greatly and you've done neither. And that's with me pointing one out every third post on here.

ETA: I assume you don't want to casual since I've been sitting here for the last half an hour. In that case, I'll log of here for tonight.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
Nearly every poke is a wall? Uh... not really. Gliscor and Moltres I won't deny, but the rest are not walls. If I didn't have to keep switching around, I could've done a mini-sweep with Viriz earlier and would've attacked more. Half of the team was offensive, two were walls, one was a stallbreaker. If they came across as differet I apologize.

I am, however, sorry for stalling you (again). I'll be a bastard about it during the battle - I play to win - but afterwards I'll feel sorry for it. Though I'll admit that this entire arguement is getting us nowhere and is quite repetitive. I'm sorry for stalling you, but there seem to be two obvious solutions that'd help you out greatly and you've done neither. And that's with me pointing one out every third post on here.

ETA: I assume you don't want to casual since I've been sitting here for the last half an hour. In that case, I'll log of here for tonight.

Not if the casual is with that team, I dont see why I should have to put taunt on every set to face you, taunt/sub match - not very interesting.

The only soloution other than my speed trained pokes would be razor claw or quick claw but you have those options covered with your gym rules.

UhFoolOfUhKING

♚ KING ♚
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Not if the casual is with that team, I dont see why I should have to put taunt on every set to face you, taunt/sub match - not very interesting.

The only soloution other than my speed trained pokes would be razor claw or quick claw but you have those options covered with your gym rules.

You up for that gym battle in about an hour?

Houndoomed

Battle Master
Years
You up for that gym battle in about an hour?

Im up for it now, but know this!

If you come at me with a max PP sub/pro stall team beware

I will rage quit and deny your badge, Im not meaning to be rude to you or LadyScathach but Im not in the mood after the last stallfest I just suffered.

Other than that Double 100 battle 6v6

Let me know when your ready

UhFoolOfUhKING

♚ KING ♚
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Im up for it now, but know this!

If you come at me with a max PP sub/pro stall team beware

I will rage quit and deny your badge, Im not meaning to be rude to you or LadyScathach but Im not in the mood after the last stallfest I just suffered.

Other than that Double 100 battle 6v6

Let me know when your ready

Sorry for the wait... I'm ready now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back