• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen FAVOURITE GYM LEADER?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Candice seems like the most memorable one to me! Also Maylene, but I don't think I actually like her, I just remember her very clearly, haha. Volkner, for the same reason.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Candice is a super fun character and that surprised me, especially with how little you see her outside gym stuff. They did a great job of packing her dialogue full of character. :D Gardenia too, actually! They feel like very fun characters to write tbh, as a background duo (or trio with Maylene?) Hmmm ideas ahaha

blue

gucci
Years
Byron has always been my favourite from the Sinnoh Gym Leaders. He seems to be the one that gets overlooked, but he has a pretty badass appearance and he is one of the few leaders with a gym puzzle that I actually really like. Other worthy mentions are Fantina and Volkner.

Years
I never liked most of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders, but if I had to choose I'd probably go with Candice. I like her powerful team of Ice-types and also she uses some of my faves, like Piloswine and Froslass on her Platinum team.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Everyone so far has said that no leaders really stand out to them but they're forgetting: 'Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake! Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake!' HOW COULD YOU GUYS FORGET WAKE HE'S SO GREAT!

That being said he's certainly not my favourite! I always thought Fantina was very, very cool for whatever reason - she always stood out to me! It's pretty cool that she's from Kalos because that is some pretty damn good retconning. At least I'm assuming that she's from Kalos anyway ahaha.

All of the leaders are cool in Sinnoh - I may be being biased here though because it is my favourite gen!

Years
Ohohohohohoho! Then I guess I'll keep Sumomo all to myself then! She's [Maylene] one of the Pokémon's few characters that I find pretty cute. Hands off, she's mine.

250px-Diamond_Pearl_Maylene.png

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I remember Crasher Wake, actually!! I just wish we saw more of him, really. All we know is that when there was a bomb or something in the Pastelia Marsh, he's investigating it and from that point forward I don't think we really hear from him again unless we talk to him again in his Gym. It's just... kind of odd. Although I definitely appreciate his willingness to be involved in some part, at least, unlike the other Gym Leaders.

I get you 100%! That's one of my biggest faults of the Pokémon games really - like I think it would be very cool if you collaborated with Gym Leaders or even an Elite Four member for some of the more important evil team plots! Like why was it left to three eleven year old kids to ensure that Galactic didn't the Lake Trio? Surely Candice and possibly Wake who reside near the lakes would want to try help once they caught wind of it really? I feel like Wake was kinda a proto-type for Clay in as far as that they are both mid-tier Gym leaders who kinda take a stand against the evil team of their region. Idk I'm just rambling at this point, ahaha.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Honestly I think the entire group of Sinnoh leaders were pretty standout and enjoyable. I can't think of another region where I really liked more than two or three of the leaders, but Sinnoh I liked all of them!

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
When I was younger I'd say Maylene was my girlfriend so uh ya ...I'm still picking Maylene as my favorite with Candice only just behind her, she punches things how can I not pick her :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Fantina was my favorite because Ghost-type gym leaders and elite 4 members are always badass (ie her, Morty and Agetha)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I love Sinnoh's leaders. They're all memorable one way or another. Whether it's the Naruto/Pokemon crossover Volkner, or the magnifique Fantina, maybe even the father/son leaders Byron and Roark, and you can't forget Wake. My favourite has to be Candice though. She's the most huggable of all and she was a challenge for me when I first battled her. If I gave into my weeb side, I'd even call her waifu.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
Wake - I mean Crasher Wake is pretty great. Probably one of the more... interesting... leaders in the entire series, IMO. My favorite to actually battle, though... I guess Volkner? In D/P, him and Candice actually used Pokemon that weren't Electric/Ice, respectively, so they get points for that. Volkner > Candice, though, since the latter couldn't have lead with Abomasnow... Also, I just like him more, I guess.

Years
I think Volkner was probably the best of the bunch. In platinum his gorgeous luxray has awesome coverage with all of the elemental fangs, its much improved from diamond and pearl.It even landed some crit hits on my Pokemon for a nasty surprise. By the time his Electivire came on the scene my Gastrodon was really tired, Torterra was unconscious and Quagsire was a little underlevelled. I had to stall him out with sleep and healing stuff. Electivire hits very hard.

I generally remember Sinnoh more for the thrill of the champion, but I do like this particular leader. His personality seems a little more complex than the others, I also like him teamwork with Flint. As a gal I have to say Volkner's not hard on the eyes either.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
I like all gen 4 leaders . But to me Fantina and Volkner are the best . Both were hard for me to beat and I had to use lots of healing stuff and revives..

Back