• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Perhaps this is relevant to the sound bug that's mentioned in the readme text file cause as you've probably noticed,if you were playing with the sound on,the sound goes haywire when the screen goes black.Don't fret though,while there no way to 'fix' the bug,there is a way to bypass it.I asssume you're playing on an emulator so what you should do is save the game in a save slot before changing rooms and then proceeding since,at least it's that way for me,the bug doesn't appear every time.So you'll simply have to load the state and try again until the glitch doesn't appear.I suggest saving in a save slot before every entrance/ladder even inside the volcano because as you've said and I quote,'This location is buged AF'. This worked for me and i got through Cinder Volcano,I hope it works for you too.Good luck,I hope this helped.

Bro, i have Black screen in 90% of cases every entrance/ladder and only in this location. If you say that this is not a bug - ok, no problem, thx for an answer

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Bro, i have Black screen in 90% of cases every entrance/ladder and only in this location. If you say that this is not a bug - ok, no problem, thx for an answer
Don't worry mate,for me as well,sometimes it takes even more than 10 tries for the glitch to not appear.But the fact that i have gotten through Cinder Volcano should be proof enough that while it's slightly hard,it's very much possible to get through it.But i think only the first few entrances/ladders are hard to get through,it'll probably get way easier after you pass those and the glitch will appear less frequently.Either way,good luck.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Don't worry mate,for me as well,sometimes it takes even more than 10 tries for the glitch to not appear.But the fact that i have gotten through Cinder Volcano should be proof enough that while it's slightly hard,it's very much possible to get through it.But i think only the first few entrances/ladders are hard to get through,it'll probably get way easier after you pass those and the glitch will appear less frequently.Either way,good luck.

The problem is that this glitch occurs in the whole area, some helped off / stop audio in the emulator, but the problem still appeared several times

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
The problem is that this glitch occurs in the whole area, some helped off / stop audio in the emulator, but the problem still appeared several times
Yeah,it does appear all over Cinder Volcano,that's why i suggested to save before each and every entrance/ladder but speaking based on my experience with it,i faced the glitch problem a lot less after i passed the first few entrances.Sometimes when it didn't work for over 10-15 times,i run around a bit to have some battles with wild pokemon then i tried again.I don't know if that's relevant at all but it might be since the scene,hence also the music (sound) changes.Either way,you can only be patient with it.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Would you both be able to elaborate on the problem you're having please? This is the first time I've heard of a bug in Cinder Volcano.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Would you both be able to elaborate on the problem you're having please? This is the first time I've heard of a bug in Cinder Volcano.
Starting with the main entrance of Cinder Volcano (where the nurse is stationed) to the entrance that leads to the other side (where Jax flies the character with his staraptor after the events of Cinder Volcano),all the entrances/ladders inside the volcano along with the two i mentioned are glitched.The glitch appears more than just a few times upon an attempt to cross Cinder Volcano.When it appears,instead of the new area that should appear using an entrance/ladder,a black screen appears (occasionally a white one or a different color but mostly black) and the sound goes haywire by either going mute or being replaced by a high pitched sound or sometimes jumbled sounds which is probably the combination of the sounds of a machine crying and a decepticon jamming signal from the transformers.
Before Entering.PNG
After Entering.PNG
These are two screenshots depicting the states of the game before and after going through an entrance/ladder inside the volcano.

View attachment Noise.WAV
This is a sound recording of the high pitched sound that is heard when the glitch appears.

View attachment Glitch.AVI
View attachment Glitch2.AVI
These are two video recordings that are basically the combination of the files above.One of them is with the pitched noise and the other with the jumbled noise.

I hope this helped,good luck.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Hmm...I can't seem to recreate this bug. Are you using a computer or a phone? And what kind of emulator are you using?
I'm using a computer.And,I'm using the game boy advance emulator named Visual Boy Advance (VBA),the latest version from emuparadise.Also,there is no problem with the base rom used since i used the one you used as your base,U version by Independent.And there should be no problems due to the patching either since i didn't use NUPS for patching which has the 'ignore' function,but tsukuyomi instead.

Years
Hey skeli i have questions I completed alpha after it launch of hack And I see PokeBall contains Mewtwo .So in upcoming version will Mewtwo contains storyline or just foundable in PokeBall.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Computer, classic VBA emulator
And,I'm using the game boy advance emulator named Visual Boy Advance (VBA)
I use VBA-M so its possible the bug is caused by the original VBA itself. But I have to look into it. If that doesn't work I'll try changing the base and uploading Alpha 1.1.

Hey skeli i have questions I completed alpha after it launch of hack And I see PokeBall contains Mewtwo .So in upcoming version will Mewtwo contains storyline or just foundable in PokeBall.
The Mewtwo you saw in Advance Map is just there for when I test the game. The actual Mewtwo isn't in the game yet.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
I use VBA-M so its possible the bug is caused by the original VBA itself. But I have to look into it. If that doesn't work I'll try changing the base and uploading Alpha 1.1.
There's also one other thing.Is there another bug that prevents the character from going beyond cinder volcano or does the alpha simply end there? Cause after the events of cinder volcano,i tried going to the next part through the cave after cinder volcano and the grunt from 'The Shadows' tells me to go away.And when i go back to professor's friend,i don't remember his name,he says that i should go to cinder volcano to see Jax beat the bad guys again when the bad guys at cinder volcano are already defeated.

Years
There's also one other thing.Is there another bug that prevents the character from going beyond cinder volcano or does the alpha simply end there? Cause after the events of cinder volcano,i tried going to the next part through the cave after cinder volcano and the grunt from 'The Shadows' tells me to go away.And when i go back to professor's friend,i don't remember his name,he says that i should go to cinder volcano to see Jax beat the bad guys again when the bad guys at cinder volcano are already defeated.

That not bug you can't continue because alphla end after cinder volcano question.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
And when i go back to professor's friend,i don't remember his name,he says that i should go to cinder volcano to see Jax beat the bad guys again when the bad guys at cinder volcano are already defeated.
This bug has been fixed in Alpha 1.0.2. However, if you already beat The Shadows in Cinder Volcano, you won't notice any changes.

And,I'm using the game boy advance emulator named Visual Boy Advance (VBA)
I looked into it, and the Cinder Volcano bug is only present on the classic VBA. If you want to play it without it being buggy, just use any other emulator.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Game is very difficult if you choose Gible as your starter, with most of the early game Pokemon being Ice type and him having a 4x weakness. I'm all for a challenge, but I'm getting one shot a lot of the time by wild Pokemon.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
Game is very difficult if you choose Gible as your starter, with most of the early game Pokemon being Ice type and him having a 4x weakness. I'm all for a challenge, but I'm getting one shot a lot of the time by wild Pokemon.
None of the wild Pokemon on route 1 know any ice type moves initially, so if you spend a few minutes training there with the game sped up, going on after will be a lot easier.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
None of the wild Pokemon on route 1 know any ice type moves initially, so if you spend a few minutes training there with the game sped up, going on after will be a lot easier.
About that,would it be possible to either include another pokemon entirely or make snorunt's appearance rate more frequent because vanillites,riolus and delibirds only give def,sp def and speed EVs.Only snorunt gives the desired atk EVs.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
About that,would it be possible to either include another pokemon entirely or make snorunt's appearance rate more frequent because vanillites,riolus and delibirds only give def,sp def and speed EVs.Only snorunt gives the desired atk EVs.
Snorunt's appearance rate being so low was a bug that was fixed in Alpha 1.0.2.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 28, 2019
I loved this hack, one of the best till now. Any hints on release of the final version?

Back