• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Gender of the pokemon

Years
I use Pokemon Essentials 16.1, and battle or stats menu never show the gender of my pokemon. Do you know if I need some script or something? Please, I need help :c

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I use Pokemon Essentials 16.1, and battle or stats menu never show the gender of my pokemon. Do you know if I need some script or something? Please, I need help :c

Do they happen to be genderless?

Years
Like M3rein said, not all Pokemon have genders. Most legendaries, Unown, Rotom, and a few others lack genders entirely.

That said, it's entirely possible that it is showing your pokemon's gender, just not in the way you expect. I'm assuming you know this by playing the main series games, but Pokemon's genders show up as a single icon - either a circle with a plus sign below it (for female) or a circle with an arrow pointing diagonally away from it (for male).

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Its also possible that you don't have the fonts installed therefore won't show the gender icons

Years
Its also possible that you don't have the fonts installed therefore won't show the gender icons

You've the answer!!!
THANK YOU A LOT!!!
I've reinstalled all the fonts and there was a font that I had not installed, so it was the problem.

Back