• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FR Complete Title Screen Editing

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Ok so I've been around here for a few years and something thats always bothered me was the lack of an actually complete title screen tutorial explaining how to edit (almost)every aspect of the title screen's graphics.
Now this tutorial wont explain how to change how animations work or anything, that requires asm/coding stuffz. We will stick with the regular awesome graphical parts. Ok lets get started.

Tools Needed:
Hex Editor -Will probably not be needed, unless you mess something up.
Infranview
APE
Paint
Fire Red v1.0 rom
Unlz
Gba Graphics Editor
NTME
FreeSpaceFinder
Sphere 1.5
Character Maker Pro 1.3

Part 1 Charizard Sprite:
Spoiler:

Part 2 Background
Spoiler:

Part 3 The flames:
Spoiler:

Part 4 Pokemon Logo:
Spoiler:

Part 5 Fixing errors:
Spoiler:

Extra:
Spoiler:

Misc: Offsets for images and raw files:
Spoiler:

I hope you guys enjoyed the tutorial. if any of it is confusing please tell me. Im npt very good at explaining things I understand.:) Also if I missed something please tell me.

Credits:
To Sphearical Ice for the most complete Title Screen Editing tutorial Ive read and for having most if not all of the
pallets and images for the sprites and background.
Black Charizard for the 256 color title screen tutorial that I used to find the offsets for the logo..
KarateKid52 for his sphere tutorial.
Everyone whos had me make a titlescreen for them for all the practice its given me.
And to one of my bestest friends Joseph for the idea for a Wooper who saved christmas hack.

Please do not use any of the images i have posted here. I worked very hard on them and they are being used for my Christmas hack.

Last edited:

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
Hahaha loved that title screen you made, if its for an actual game I look forward to it; either way looks sweet enough I'll go make a title screen just cause of it :D

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
Years
If that isn't going to be a real game I'll be sad XD

I have a request if I may, could you list the offsets of all images and tilemaps instead of just listing their number in unLZ? It would be a huge help since I have many images inserted already so the numbers aren't accurate.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
If that isn't going to be a real game I'll be sad XD

I have a request if I may, could you list the offsets of all images and tilemaps instead of just listing their number in unLZ? It would be a huge help since I have many images inserted already so the numbers aren't accurate.
I can do that. Expect that to be on op soon. And yes it is a real game. Its almost done too :3

Edit: Image offsets added to OP.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
please reply if anyone knows how to edit the other background behind the flames.
THIS ONE IF YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING MY QUESTION.
open

Years
Ok so I've been around here for a few years and something thats always bothered me was the lack of an actually complete title screen tutorial explaining how to edit (almost)every aspect of the title screen's graphics.
Now this tutorial wont explain how to change how animations work or anything, that requires asm/coding stuffz. We will stick with the regular awesome graphical parts. Ok lets get started.

Tools Needed:
Hex Editor -Will probably not be needed, unless you mess something up.
Infranview
APE
Paint
Fire Red v1.0 rom
Unlz
Gba Graphics Editor
NTME
FreeSpaceFinder
Sphere 1.5
Character Maker Pro 1.3

Part 1 Charizard Sprite:
Spoiler:

Part 2 Background
Spoiler:

Part 3 The flames:
Spoiler:

Part 4 Pokemon Logo:
Spoiler:

Part 5 Fixing errors:
Spoiler:

Extra:
Spoiler:

Misc: Offsets for images and raw files:
Spoiler:

I hope you guys enjoyed the tutorial. if any of it is confusing please tell me. Im npt very good at explaining things I understand.:) Also if I missed something please tell me.

Credits:
To Sphearical Ice for the most complete Title Screen Editing tutorial Ive read and for having most if not all of the
pallets and images for the sprites and background.
Black Charizard for the 256 color title screen tutorial that I used to find the offsets for the logo..
KarateKid52 for his sphere tutorial.
Everyone whos had me make a titlescreen for them for all the practice its given me.
And to one of my bestest friends Joseph for the idea for a Wooper who saved christmas hack.

Please do not use any of the images i have posted here. I worked very hard on them and they are being used for my Christmas hack.

Hello thanks for this, it is very helpfull. Unfortunately my screen is totally messed up and
I did everything you did.. I will put an image to show you.. perhaps you can help me

EDIT : I solved the problem withe the messed up colours myself. My only problem is that I do not get it
why the background turned black...

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Logo.png
    Logo.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I successfully inserted the image and raw and the pallete also but even after inserting pallete it's showing messy colours.And it's showing yellow all over but there is no yellow in pallete I replaced.
Please help

Back