• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
I just noticed a pretty significant glitch. I've googled it and only found it mentioned once and it wasn't on here.
The healing circle in the Haunted Forest disables the D pad. The game doesn't really freeze, since I can still open the menu, but the D pad locks up and I can't move.
It's a good thing I saved a state when the channeler on the bottom floor said "load state 1" or I would've lost a lot of progress. x_x

From the lack of mentions I'm guessing this is probably only an issue with Lameboy and not VBA.

Hey, haven't you been reading the thread? I already mentioned that specific glitch on several occasions! Oh, and there IS a way to get out... but you basically have to know it stops the D-Pad upon entering.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
My bad. I didn't see it on the front page post nor on the last page(unless I missed it) so I didn't think it was mentioned much.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Do you have the latest version with all of the bug fixes? Cause that's the copy I got the glitch on... (oh, and you have to KNOW the glitch is coming and set yourself up to get out.)

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
I have lost in the final dungeon, I think I'm in the "second floor" (second big area/cave) with wilds on 50lvs, and npc with ~89lvl, and I don't know where to go, like in a maze :/ little help?

EDIT 17.12:
nvm, did it. Last fight was easy.
Where to find articuno, mewtwo, others? Got Moltres and Lugia.

Last edited:

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Say, how's the progres going?
the progres of the application that lets prism know of the 7 items of brown I mean.
I'll also send this message to the prism thread, if you don't mind :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2009
Okay, help: Does Cubone learn moves before level 18 in Brown, or is he supposed to still only have Growl?

bradenm

Wheelie say find friends today
Years
i remember playing this game last year on my old Win98 pc i keep out in the shed and finished it. now playing the complete version on my psp (custom firmware ftw) i cant believe how much has changed! 4th gen pokemon?? pokedex higher then 151??? how the devil do you do it CBM...

overall great, no... PERFECT game. im still going thru the final dungeon and my girlfriends been getting rather annoyed with me as of late, quote: 'i swear you pay more attention to that game then me'. lol. i just hope i can use my SAVs from my psps emulator to trade with 2nd gen games and prism. :D

Hohoo

SOMG!1
Years
Could anyone possibly post the md5 checksum of a correctly patched Pokémon Brown ROM?

I have a Pokémon Red ROM with correct md5 and I patched it with the Pokémon Brown patch from page 1. I've tried playing it in Mednafen and in VBA, and its buggy in both. In Mednafen the game runs fine for about 10 seconds then freezes. Sometimes it makes it to the intro dialogue with Tim(?) but it always freezes at some point. In VBA the graphics are jumbled.

I know my Red ROM is clean and I have been using both emulators successfully for years, so my only guess is that my IPS patcher isn't working right. I'm using JIPS to patch since I can't get Lunar to run under Wine in Linux. So if anyone could post the md5 of a good Brown ROM, or if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great!
The correct MD5 is b45331146ab497809867ebe9131c6145

JIPS doesn't work at all - but Lunar IPS works fine for me...

What is your WINE version? ($ wine --version)

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
Im redoing my Brown!!

Right now im in Eagulaou City, but the better part is.. NOW I CAN TRADE MY POKEMON!!!! WOOOOO

Well this is all bye =P

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
This is gonna be awesome!

Btw, since I'm gonna be playing this on VBA, it's impossible to trade, right?

Step 1:-

Download TGB Dual, of course...

Step 2:-

Just open TGB Dual, once, and a 'save' folder appears in the directory you used it in....
Transfer your save file there....naming it: (Insert ROM name here).sav(save-states aren't compatible with different emulators, but
save files, using the in-game menu are)

Step 3:-

Create a duplicate of the .sav file, and give it the extension: (Insert ROM name here).sa2
(If you want to trade with another game instead of the same game, repeat step 2 with the second game, but give the file extension .sa2 instead of .sav)

Step 4:-

Open TGB Dual, and customize the controls for both screens(To do so, go to Options\Keys)

Step 5:-

Load the ROM in both screens...
(To do so, go to File\GB1-Load and
File\GB2-Load)
*: If you're trading between two trading between two different games, of course you'll want to load the ROM of the second game in the second screen!

Step 6:-

Load the in-game save files and trade like you normally would!

That's it...isn't it? :-P

Hope I helped!

:-)

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2011
U cant

I have a question. I've got lugia, but does anyone know where to find Ho-oh?

Well since you got lugia you cant get Ho-Ho because you got lugia off that guy right in the final bit of the game well once you get either Ho-ho or lugia you cant get the other legendary bird unless you trade over

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I still love this game. I gots a question for you KBM, I've noticed that the move Tri Attack was Tri type. What are the weaknesses and resistances of Tri type?

SUS

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2010
umm howcome when i patch it has no color
the screenshots have color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back