• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Akuroma

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
Years
I think this new professor spells trouble. He looks like an evil scientist. The colors under his lab coat appear to be Team Plasma colors.

And don't forget, Genesect, who was created by Team Plasma scientists as it says in his Pokedex entry- is to be revealed at some point in these games, whether in game or in an event.

I'm convinced that this will be the return of Team Plasma.

It was mentioned that he studies Pokemon Strength. That's exactly what Team Plasma did to Genesect...made it modified into a much stronger Pokemon.

I think this is going to be a massive theme in BW2.

BW1 focused on the ethics of owning/battling with Pokemon. BW2 appears to be focused on the genetic modification of Pokemon... I mean look at the mascots...fused Pokemon forms!

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
His hair scares me, and I think he'll be evil.. I know there were ideas of him either being part of Plasma, or the new Professor, but I don't think either one has been confirmed? I can't wait to see what they do with him. It would be neat (though it won't happen!), if he were to be part of a previous villain team. Rocket, Magma, etc..

If he is the main professor, I wouldn't trust him with that role. >_>

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And don't forget, Genesect, who was created by Team Plasma scientists as it says in his Pokedex entry- is to be revealed at some point in these games, whether in game or in an event.
Less convinced by this given the fact if thy wanted to focus on him with Genosect then surely it should have been the event legendary announced during B2W2 info, not Meleotta?

I did think on first impressions that he might be evil, but looks can be deceiving after all. I'll be content to wait and see on what he actually does as well as clarification on what he actually does in the game - Pokemon Strength can mean a lot of things when you think about it.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
The new antagonist or professor has the evil glimmer surrounding him, so I really feel he will be an evil guy.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
Less convinced by this given the fact if thy wanted to focus on him with Genosect then surely it should have been the event legendary announced during B2W2 info, not Meleotta?

I did think on first impressions that he might be evil, but looks can be deceiving after all. I'll be content to wait and see on what he actually does as well as clarification on what he actually does in the game - Pokemon Strength can mean a lot of things when you think about it.

Well it's very possible, they may release a Wi-Fi item sometime later that could lead to this. For example, Celebi was released almost a year after HGSS yet it led to something. We just have to wait for Serebii to go into the game data and see if there's any special data.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I like him! I don't trust him, but I like him. He seems to be younger, which is pretty refreshing after having all the old bags send you across the nation. He seems like he'll be just as active as Juniper, which I like. Maybe he's a relative of hers?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Well it's very possible, they may release a Wi-Fi item sometime later that could lead to this. For example, Celebi was released almost a year after HGSS yet it led to something. We just have to wait for Serebii to go into the game data and see if there's any special data.
Yes, that's true, but I feel it unlikely for them to introduce this new character now and not couple it with an in-game wifi event at release but only further down the line. I'm not saying we won't maybe get an event or something for Genosect, but I question it being related to this guy at this stage because we know very little about what he really does.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There's nothing that actually suggests he's the resident professor. He's just some recurring character, from the looks of it.

I really hope he isn't the professor. :( I just want him to be an evil scientist. If he's not I'll be very disappointed. I also hope his hideout is in Dreamyard and he's discovered later when that part is unfrozen. :3;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Oh man, I hope the evil professor is THE professor. Having that would be awesome and a nice change of pace from the professor who's a goody-goody. I've always liked the idea of an evil professor, and it might actually happen this time around xD

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I love him! He's cool, is wearing blue and black, and that streak! He might turn out be be evil as he has a suspiciousness about him but I like that.

Years
Hmm...maybe he's NOT actually evil, but was a former member of Team Plasma, and part of his research is being used to cause whatever's going on in Unova, or something like that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I read a theory that Akuroma may be researching Kyurem as his name means colorless...and if so who knows what he may want to use it for...he could be Ghetsis' new lacky...
Though he doesn't look all that evil to me, he might be our new N, a confused character.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I love the fact that there's a chance the new professor will be evil and secretive. This has never happened before. The professor will definitely be more interactive throughout the game too, and it creates a huge change. It is time that GameFreak lets go of some generic things that repeat in every mainstream game. Instead of Akuroma teaching us how to throw a Pokéball, he'll be scheming up his own plans. That is, if he's what we make him out to be.

I admire this character already.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I love the fact that there's a chance the new professor will be evil and secretive. This has never happened before. The professor will definitely be more interactive throughout the game too, and it creates a huge change. It is time that GameFreak lets go of some generic things that repeat in every mainstream game. Instead of Akuroma teaching us how to throw a Pokéball, he'll be scheming up his own plans. That is, if he's what we make him out to be.

I admire this character already.

If he is, then he really resembles the Mayor in Pokemon Colosseum. Playing the innocent victim and then revealing that he was the enemy the entire time. I'm really excited about his character, whether or not he is evil or not, I'm eager to see how his role plays out.
His hair is probably the most ridiculous though, and yes, that blue part is his hair.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
img_chara02_01.jpg

What's this book he's holding? Perhaps legends of Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom?

The book looks like something Ghetsis had.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It looks like Akuroma has a much bigger role than we had anticipated, as shown by the promotional video showing him entering onto a stage that appeared to be televised. I'm guessing he's more of a celebrity, now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If he is a celebrity, does that mean he'll likely end up doing what Ghetsis did and kinda brainwash everyone into liking him...?

Maybe he did something really good, and then something went corrupt with him and as a result he's evil, but everyone thinks he's a good guy so they listen/do what he says. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
If he is a celebrity, does that mean he'll likely end up doing what Ghetsis did and kinda brainwash everyone into liking him...?

Maybe he did something really good, and then something went corrupt with him and as a result he's evil, but everyone thinks he's a good guy so they listen/do what he says. :3

I like this idea. A lot. Maybe he already has convinced everyone to like him already and his hair? Maybe he convinces people that he's doing the right thing (a little more effectively than Ghetsis, mind you) and they all give him millions of dollars and make him rich, which he then uses the money to build technology to help him do his evil plan!
-gasp-
I'm excited. <3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I like this idea. A lot. Maybe he already has convinced everyone to like him already and his hair? Maybe he convinces people that he's doing the right thing (a little more effectively than Ghetsis, mind you) and they all give him millions of dollars and make him rich, which he then uses the money to build technology to help him do his evil plan!
-gasp-
I'm excited. <3
Seems wickedly scheme-ish to me. u_u Akumora looks really arrogant too, so I can imagine him showing off to many people, and they admire it. BUT LITTLE DO THEY KNOW. and so little we know too

Back