• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Potentially hacking Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2017
Since it looks like your starter pokemon will follow you around (by the released screens), I think we can expect to see a few hacks of Pokemon Yellow DS on the horizon. Is it possible to hack the overworld sprites in D/P/Pt yet? If so would it be easy to replace the starter with Pikachu? What do you think.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
From what I understand, which could be completely wrong, the relationship between D/P/Pt and the upcoming HG/SS is similar to the relationship between R/S/E and FR/LG in the sense that both are from the same generation and use similar code bases. If that is correct, then I assume that hacking HG/SS will be limited by our ability to hack D/P/Pt.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
From what I understand, which could be completely wrong, the relationship between D/P/Pt and the upcoming HG/SS is similar to the relationship between R/S/E and FR/LG in the sense that both are from the same generation and use similar code bases. If that is correct, then I assume that hacking HG/SS will be limited by our ability to hack D/P/Pt.
Totally true.. Everything we can do with D/P/Pt, we will be able to do with HG/SS ;)

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Ten bucks says that Gabe C hacks it within 2 days of the rom release;)

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
Actually by the time HG/SS come out. There will be an editor for it ready within minutes of the release (points at PPRE in sig)

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
well if that would happen I'm going to make an pokemon emeral remake hack!

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
I'm sure that by the time these come out we would surely be able to do some more with DP&Pt since Heart Gold and Soul Silverwill not becoming out in Japan untill Fall 2009 and in the US sometime probably around late winter early spring 2010. Once HG&SS are released and people start looking into the games the hex and .NARC files would most likely be compared with DP&Pt and it would open up a whole new doorway toward what we will be able to do not only with DP&Pt but HG&SS too.

Last edited:
Years
Correction maybe?

Is it possible to hack the overworld sprites in D/P/Pt yet?

Uh, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver have 3D Models not sprites anymore, But has anyone cracked the model data yet? It would be interesting to change the player to a somewhat remodel of the male character in Silver, Shame i forget his name :\

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
Uh, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver have 3D Models not sprites anymore, But has anyone cracked the model data yet? It would be interesting to change the player to a somewhat remodel of the male character in Silver, Shame i forget his name :\

Actually there are overworld sprites and they can be edited using pokeTex ;~)

DA-Kizemaru

The Real Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
Years

Overworld sprites means the characters, and those are 2D,

No, I dont think we have a program out there to edit them yet, but we do to rip them..

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2009
IN Heart gold and soul silver I hear that any pokemon can follow you around, not just starters, so unless you want to put you're new pokemon in the game to follow you youwouldn't need to hack it. But knowing people, of course you want to put you're own pokemon in the game.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
IN Heart gold and soul silver I hear that any pokemon can follow you around, not just starters, so unless you want to put you're new pokemon in the game to follow you youwouldn't need to hack it. But knowing people, of course you want to put you're own pokemon in the game.

Yes, that's correct. Once you put your Pokemon in your First Slot, it will come out of it Pokeball, and then follows you.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
The game won't be out for a while, but when it is, I'm pretty sure people will hack it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back