• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Crimson Tide Sign-ups/OOC

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
Pokemon: Crimson Tide OOC

Crimson Tide

His breath caught in his throat as he moved through the base of operations for The Crimson Tide. Anywhere there was an open space to battle, at least two trainers were going at it, a resolute look in each of their eyes. They wanted to be something great, they wanted the respect that their superiors, and especially their leader, held. But despite that, the man could still pick out flaws in their battling style and choices, and could see where they trainers could use improvement.

However, as he was generally assigned out to the front, he didn't often seen the training camps, and the number of prospective trainers was swelling by the day, it seemed like. As the name of Crimson Tide grew, so too did the number of people that wished to join in its ranks. Kanto, their leader's home, as well as Johto and Sinnoh, were under their rule, and negotiations were taking place with the Pokemon League of Hoenn to bring them into the fold as well.

And yet, the rumors of a growing Resistance were prevalent, as various different teams of trainers seemed to have independence in mind, as well as several of the independent trainers from the main continent. The Rangers had tried to resist, but the defense was laughable at best, and they quietly withdrew into the night, leaving only the small pockets of Resistance here and there…as far as their reports had spoken, anyway.

But the news today was not of such things. No, the report that had called him from the front lines, miles from here was something of a different nature. It was something that would pique the interest of his Commander, and would give him a promotion, if he were lucky.

The two guards outside of the Commander's office didn't need to see identification as the man moved forward. He had been a part of the Crimson Tide for years, and was one of its founding members as well as a highly-respected trainer. They stepped aside, the door seeming to open of its own accord.

The man saluted as he entered, though being in the presence of the Commander was always an awe-inspiring experience. "Speak," the man said simply, in a deep, powerful voice.

"Sir. We've found something interesting in our reconnaissance. There appears to be an island that has yet to be touched by human hands. Our initial investigation has shown that the pokemon that inhabit the island are very strong, and would make a valuable asset to our ranks."

There was a long pause, as the Commander ran a gloved hand across his jaw, the fingerless glove protecting his skin from the stubble. "Good. You're in charge out there." That was all that was said, though the man's words were echoed by the slender electric mouse that perched upon his shoulder, watching the intruder darkly.

"Yes sir," he spoke, saluting again, before withdrawing. The Commander wasn't fond of speaking, and relied on his direct subordinate to do most of the relaying of orders. However, those words had given him free reign to collect a group and made headway onto this new island. He smirked.

Plot​

The world is set in the world of Pokemon as we know it, though roughly twenty years have passed since the fall of the major crime syndicates. Rocket, Magma, Aqua, and Galactic have long since fallen and are only a mere memory in the minds of the citizens. Several other groups have tried to rise, but they lacked the effective leadership which allowed the four powers to rise in their time. However, roughly five years before the beginning of this role play, a mysterious group began to rise, calling themselves The Crimson Tide.

Their commander is one who only the highest-ranking members even get to see, much less talk to. No one knows his name outside of the higher-ups, and simply refer to him as 'The Commander.' In the short time that they've been around, they've practically taken over most of the regions, and though Hoenn is still independent, they're highly under the influence of Crimson Tide.

Yet, there are pockets of Rebel groups that are starting to form against Crimson Tide, and one such group has started its base on a small island just off the coast of Hoenn, where the Region was more or less free. A few miles out, the heavily-jungled area isn't exactly the most welcoming to humans as the Pokemon found here are fairly powerful, and don't seem to take kindly to humans, unlike the ones in the civilized areas.

The characters, from wherever they hail, will be a part of the resistance group against Crimson Tide, and are located in the only camp on the island, code-named Ambience. Having arrived anywhere from a day to a month ago, the characters have either been recruited for, or volunteered for, a mission into the heart of the jungle to search for a fresh water supply, accompanied by one of the leaders of the Resistance.

This is where the RP will start, and where it goes from there will depend on the players' actions and choices. Several events are pre-planned, and likely will not change, but as much of the island remains unexplored, the involvement of the players will determine what will and will not happen. I have short- and long-term goals for the RP, so just when you think things are at an end, there may be another surprise in store.

The island, called Sousei by those in commanding positions, is a mysterious place, and anything could happen here...but it depends on what you that will shape its future, and the future of the world as a whole.

Information​
  1. Players can be from any of the four main regions, or from the spinoff games, should they so choose. I am not including 5th generation in this, so I would prefer your trainer not from that Region, but as long as you're only using 1st-4th generation pokemon, I won't complain too much.
  2. This is set twenty years after FR/LG. Civilization has advanced, and technology is a bit more plentiful. Oak has passed away, so if he is in your character's past, for whatever reason, please have it be fairly early on.
  3. I will be accepting five applications, so if you'd like to be in it, please give me your best effort : D
  4. This RP, while not mature, is definitely more dark and grim than the standard pokemon tale, and thus I'm going to set an age minimum of 16 for characters, unless you have a stellar application and fairly solid reasoning why someone so young is fighting in a rebel war and stands a fair chance of dying. Romance may happen, or it may not. It's not required, but definitely possible.
  5. Crimson Tide is very large and very powerful, to the point where they're intimidating the League into cooperation. They are organized and efficient, for the most part. They are strict, but fair, and rarely kill humans or Pokemon to achieve their goals, though it isn't obvious, even now, what their endgame is.
  6. Pokemon levels are tracked, for purposes of advancement and just a general idea of how powerful your pokemon are compared to your opponents'. Pokemon are restricted to four moves each, so please keep this in mind. In addition, relative stats aren't taken into consideration, so despite the fact that, statwise, a Pikachu is inferior to a Raichu, a well-trained Pikachu may come out on top.
  7. The RP is in third-person, limited omniscience, past tense format. This means that the actions of your character are given in third-person style. "He went to the Pokemon Center." Not "He is going to the Pokemon Center." Or "I went to the Pokemon Center." Limited Omniscience means you may type your character's thoughts, but please be sure to denote them with italics or some other method, please.
  8. As Story teller, I can break above rule, but only for story-telling, narration purposes. Any NPC I use will also follow the above rule. In addition, no god-moding or power-playing, please. I assume bunnying, as I've seen it here, is another word for power-playing, but to be safe, don't do that either.
  9. I am an adult, and thus I work for a living, and have to manage my time outside of work accordingly. I will do my best to check back here every day, but I can make no guarantees about posting every day. Also, I'm busy every Sunday, so the chance of me posting on Sundays is also very low. I would say I will post a minimum of three times per week, but I will be sure to inform you all if this changes.
  10. These rules are subject to change/modification as I see fit.
  11. If you have any questions, feel free to post here, or send me a PM.

Character Application​

Name: First and last, please.
Hometown: Not required, but just for giving your character a bit of background.
Title: 'Bird-keeper' or 'Hiker' or some such thing. Not required, but again, just something interesting.

Appearance: Picture not required. At least four full sentences here. We cannot see the mental image you have of your character; please help us to do the best we can.

Personality: At least six full sentences here. A good personality is longer than a good history, but allow us to get a good idea of what your character is like. You don't need to pin down every detail, as that leaves little room for growth, but don't have your dour and serious character crack jokes a lot.

History: At least six full sentences here, but this should be far longer than that. There is twenty years of virtually unexplored time, so feel free to fill it in with whatever details you'd like, just try not to go too crazy. If you alter the fate of the planet in your history, I may ask you to edit it.

Pokemon Team:

Species: The species of pokemon. No Legendaries, and pseudo-legendaries have to follow specific rules regarding their level. Fossil Pokemon and Porygon (and its line) follow the same rules as pseudo-legendaries, due to their rarity.
Nickname: The nickname of the pokemon, if any.
Level: The total levels of your pokemon cannot exceed 120, and the individual level of a pokemon may not exceed 35. For every pseudo-legendary on your team, lower the total level cap by 20. (i.e., just having a Dratini on your team lowers your total level cap to 100.)
Distinct Marks: Small marks/differences are fine. No black and red Pikachu, please.
Personality/Nature: A personality for your pokemon, if desired. Providing this will allow me to better set the mood for certain events if I know how the pokemon will react, but this is not required.
Attack List: Four attacks that the pokemon may learn, up to its level. One of your pokemon may also have an Egg move.

RP Sample: None is required. I can tell by the personality and history if you've Rping talent. If you wish to include this, however, feel free to do so.

Profile Code:
HTML:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b] 
[b]Title:[/b] 

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b][u]Pokemon Team:[/u][/b]

[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Level:[/b]
[b]Distinct Marks:[/b]
[b]Personality/Nature:[/b]
[b]Attack List:[/b]

[b]RP Sample:[/b]

Accepted Characters:

Last edited:

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Hey iv never done this before how do these rps work??

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
Wouldn't be surprised if this was inadequate... But I guess I might as well try.

Name: Alexander 'Alex' Mortimer.

Hometown: Ectruteak City, Johto

Title: 'Ghost Trainer' (If I have to use a pre-existing trainer type, then Ace Trainer)

Appearance:
Alex, at first glance, looks like a sickly person, with pale skin and very little muscle, and stands at 5'11".
He has pale brown eyes and short brown hair. Alex's usual appearance is simply a white, long sleeved shirt with black trousers and shoes.
Alex also wears a grey, sleeveless hooded jumper, and sometimes wears a black bandanna with a white Pokeball design on the front.
Alex also carries around a dirty white rucksack to carry his items, and a belt for his Pokeballs.
Finally, Alex wears a charm on his left wrist, a keepsake from his sister, who went missing six years prior. The charm is a simple metal carving of a Gastly, said to cloud others judgement of the wearer, although Alex doesn't believe that the effect works.

Personality:
Due to Alex's poor health, he has somewhat of an inferiority complex to others in the resistance. Although Alex isn't hindered by his health (Except if in extreme stress), he feels like he has to constantly show that he can stand up to the Crimson Tide. This may even lead to Alex jumping straight into a dangerous situation and becoming stressed regardless.

Alex tries not to let his insecurities get in his way, and although he can be quiet in a discussion, he always tries to be polite and cheerful, if only to show that he isn't quite as sick as he looks.
Due to his poor health, Alex figures he may not be around long, and ended up fascinated by Ghost type Pokemon, who's very existence Alex saw a defying death. He isn't afraid of dying, but of not knowing what happened to his sister.

As for the members of the Crimson Tide, although he has no proof, Alex feels that his sister's disappearance may be related to the group. Alex is determined to find and extract information from the boss of the organisation about what exactly happened to her.

Since Alex joined the rebels at Sousei, he began to revel in battling any Crimson Tide member he could. He would do everything in his power to defeat them in battle, believing that his Pokemon had become invincible since his first encounter with the group. If Alex encounters any problems in battle, his judgement may worsen, as well as his health.

History:
Alex was born with a weak body. He was always quick to catch an illness, and his physical strength wasn't very great. This is the main reason Alex feels an affinity for ghost types.
Although Alex couldn't travel on his own journey, his sister would occasionally send over a Pokemon for him to befriend. He even occasionally challenged passing trainers and the Ecruteak Gym to improve his skills.

When Alex was ten, his older sister (Then 13) began her own Pokemon Journey around Johto. Although she constantly updated on her progress via phone calls at a Pokemon Centre, roughly a year later, she stopped contact.
Within a week of Alex and his family noticing that she wasn't contacting them, one of the Pokemon sent to him (Ghastly) had tried to amuse Alex by surprising a passing trainer. This trainer, however, turned out to be a short tempered member of the Crimson Tide.

Alex only barely won the battle, and when the grunt declared that annoyances like him would 'disappear' like any other trainer who opposed them, Alex concluded they were behind his sister's disappearance. Since Alex's Pokemon were weakened greatly, and his own stress nearly caused him to black out, the CT member had escaped before anyone else arrived.

Although he had gotten a little stronger over the years, his parents still felt that he was too unwell to travel, and even if he was, fighting the Crimson Tide was far too dangerous.

Alex's desire to find out what happened to his sister, and his growing suspicion and hatred of the CT eventually culminated in Alex deciding to take the Pokemon his sister had sent back home and travelling Johto to find his sister. During his travels, he decided laying low was safer than battling everyone he could in CT, and learned that they were a far more organised group than he realised, and had no chance of properly opposing them.

Alex heard of a rebel group in Sousei when staying at Olivine City, where a ship was headed. Deciding that it was his best chance of finding out his sister's fate, he travelled to Sousei.

Pokemon Team:

Species: Ghastly

Nickname: Shadow

Level: 29

Distinct Marks: None

Personality/Nature: Likes to surprise people and pokemon if left out its pokeball.

Attack List: Hypnosis, Curse, Sucker Punch, Confuse Ray

-------------------------------

Species: Misdreavus

Nickname: Magus

Level: 31

Distinct Marks: none

Personality/Nature: Like Ghastly, likes to scare people. Although only on a weekend, for some reason.

Attack List: Psywave, Confuse Ray, Pain Split, Destiny Bond (egg move)

Species: Heracross

Nickname: Zack

Level: 27

Distinct Marks: Has a small scar under it's right eye.

Personality/Nature: The most aggressive of Alex's team. It's used mainly to counter any dark types an enemy may use.

Attack List: Night Slash, Horn Attack, Aerial Ace, Brick Break

Species: Haunter

Nickname: Spectra

Level: 33

Distinct Marks: None

Personality/Nature: Unlike the other Ghost type's in Alex's party, Spectra is rather shy and too timid to actually frighten anyone. However, it's rather proud of its power in battle, and hates losing to anything.

Attack List: Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Sucker Punch, Night Shade

Last edited:

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
@Grifspark: That's up to you. This probably won't move too quickly, but until I have a fairly well-rounded group, I won't proceed, so put up a sign-up if you're interested. You can always deny the acceptance, assuming you have the time to put it up *nod*

@Sean777: Well, honestly, judging from the errors in that short post of yours, this might not be the RP for you to start with. If you're curious as to how they work, go and look in the Pokemon Roleplay link at the top of this forum and just read some of the Roleplays to get an idea. If you think you can handle it, and give me good grammar/spelling in your application, I'll give you an honest examination.

@RoxasAbridged: Personality's good, but appearance and history (while meeting the minimum) are a little...sparse. If you can flesh those out a bit, I wouldn't have a problem accepting you. Also, you've only used 75 of your 120 levels for pokemon, so feel free to use the rest; this isn't going to be a "Alex blacked out!" if you lose kind of thing. The island is full of vicious pokemon, not to mention the Crimson Tide is up to no good, so the added protection wouldn't hurt. As of now, you are 'Pending.'

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Name:Zeein Relko
Hometown: Orange Island's (Hamlin Island)
Title: Zeein's just him self (;

Appearance: Zeein stands at about 5'8 with a weight of about 145-155, his choppy dark brown hair is short and thick, his mother always told him he has her hair when he was younger. He usually can be found wearing a black t-shirt which he has multiple's of the same shirt seeing as its not hard to find plain black t-shirts. As for his pants there usually faded light blue jeans with rips in them wich he sags slightly so there not around his hips. he has a pair of green camo shorts in his backpack when he needs a change of pants. He has a black belt he wears with a belt buckle his brother gave him before he left on his own pokemon journey. He carries a chained wallet wich resides in his back pocket. He does not have the most updated version of the pokedex but an old one the very first model that was sold to him by a traveling trader. He wears a spiked wrist band on his left right. His eyes are a dark brown almost seeming black at first glance. He walks fast no the count of him having trouble waiting and being paitent hes always ready to get to the next place as soon as possible.

Personality: Zeein is a smart alec often saying things trying to be funny but just ending up making people mad, he dosent respond well to people who think there above him. Anxious and always wanting to be moving he dosent like rest. When under pressure he tends to panic and not think things through all the way. Zeein's generally not a leader not that he can't do it he just prefers not to be responsible for anything which in a sense shows Zeein's immaturity. When he was living in the Orange Islands after his brother left Zeein would often try to win money in card games or in bets. He's very street smart and knows when hes trying to be swindled and if often suspicious of people he meets at first. He's also very clevar and good at sneaking into places and inflitarting. He would make an excellent theif or spy.

History: Zeein grew up not like a normal child, his Brother raised him and he quickly became street smart
his parents were killed in a car accident when he was 10 years old, his brother was 17 at the time and raised Zeein
from then on. Zeein has the highest respect for his brother and all that hes done for him when zeein was 15 his brother left
on his own pokemon journey he always wanted to leave but he couldnt until Zeein was old enough so when he got the chance Zeein
encouraged him to take it about a year later he recived a package in the mail from his brother inside was a post card and a pokeball
the post card was from his brother with a picture of all 8 of his badges from then on Zeein decided he wanted to leave too and now that
he waited until he was 17 and now has set off to start his own adventure. The pokeball his brother sent him contained Tyrouge his first
and most trusted pokemon. His first intent was to set off on a pokemon journey like his brother but the Crimson Tide had strict laws about leaving due to the amount of people leaving to travel to the Hoenn region due to its freedom. Being as clever as he is snuck his way onto a ferry he managed to pick pocket a ticket off one of the other members on board in case security thinks he looks suspicious. He was walking around and he over heard one of the Crimson Tide officers on board talk about how they took a skilled trainer prisoner in saffaron city wich was where his brother was last at first he shrugged it off as nothing and began to walk away but turned back curious to listen they said some things about his pokemon and what not but then they said he was from the Orange Islands and he knew they were talking about his brother he waited until the ship was close enough to the shore the grunt walked away and the officer began to light a cigarette Zeein ran around the corner and got the guard in a head lock and told him unless he wants to have a swim that he'll tell him everything he knows about the trainer they were talking about the guard told him the things Zeein has already over heard then he finally got to the location he said was an island off the cost of Hoenn. Zeein let the guard go and he screamed for help Zeein was cornered against the rail of the bow of the ship Zeein did the only thing he could and jumped off the boat luckily the region of Hoenn was close enough that he could see the coast he swam and asked around about the Island, he found out he arrived in the town of Slateport city and headed off to find his brother on his way he captured an Evee and a defiant Growlithe.

Pokemon Team:

Species: Tyrouge
Nickname: Ty (occasionally)
Level: 30 (Does not want to evolve yet)
Distinct Marks: wears a spiked wrist band like zeein
Personality/Nature: Ambitious, Brave, and always ready for a fight
Attack List: Brick Break, Tackle, Double Team, Protect

Species: Evee
Nickname: no nickname
Level: 30
Distinct Marks: none
Personality/Nature: sweet, very affectionate pokemon can sense others emotions easily likes to be babied
Attack List: Quick attack, Bite, Takedown, Sand attack

Species: Growlithe
Nickname: none
Level: 30
Distinct Marks: short tail
Personality/Nature: stubborn, has problems following directions and thinks its always right, defiant
Attack List: Bite, ember, tackle, agility

Well that completes my application! Tell me what you think! If its awful tell me
I wont get my feelings hurt! :)

Ok well I revised it!
Again tell me what you think I like constructive crisitsm! (((:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
@stringray

that's a really good paint job (your avatar) I play 40k so I know how challenging it is to paint models!

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
@JTJP770: Well starting with the basics: you'll need to lengthen your Appearance and Personality for sure. While you may understand all of your character's idiosyncrasies and whatnot, remember that although I would like to be, I'm not a psychic :P

Go into some detail about his appearance. How does he carry himself? What do you mean by 'average' build? What's his skin tone? What color are his eyes? All of these little things contribute to your character, and being able to write them out will help the rest of us see him better. Go over each detail that's in your mind and write it down, so that you can share what's in your mind with the rest of us.

Personality: While you do have a rough concept here, and this is definitely more fleshed out than the appearance, you're still missing a few key points that show into his personality. He sounds (no offense) like the stereotypical main character of a stereotypical anime :P Try to give him a little bit...more, if you could. You've got a decent concept, just try to polish it up some.

History: Again, this isn't too bad, but there's definitely one thing missing from your character's history: any mention to Crimson Tide or the Resistance. This isn't a 'journey' RP, so if that's what you're looking for, you may want to check elsewhere. While you will travel and grow with your pokemon, badges will be the least of your worries and you'll start to see that right from the get-go. Re-familiarize yourself with the basic plot and fix up the areas we talked about and you should be fine. You are 'Pending.'

Also, you have 40 levels left to distribute to your pokemon. Eevee are not considered Pseudo-legendary in this, so don't be afraid to either bump up your other pokemon to 30 or add another. This RP area is kind of dangerous.

@Stingray: Despite the rather exemplary application, I will have to ask you to take the 'shiny' status off of the Gardevoir. Her coloring could be more of a sea-green, and Javok could've tried to use that to persuade the collector into thinking that it was a shiny, but Shiny are incredibly rare, far more even so than Pseudo-legendaries, and I should've made that note in the opening post. If her being shiny is absolutely essential, PM me and we'll see if we can't work something out.

Also, if you could just make a quick 'pokemon' entry for Javok, just for organizational purposes, I'd appreciate it. You're technically 'pending,' but when those two little things are tweaked, you'll be approved.

Also, I realized that I may have come off as a little harsh in my opening posts, and I kind of wanted to...not scare people off. >.>; I had a rough couple of days prior to posting this, so I think that came out in some of my wording and whatnot. If you're willing to give it a go, and were scared off by my...elitist attitude, then I ask you just to take another look. This will be fun, I promise. : D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Alright thanks! I really appericate the feed back and it was done late which I know is no excuse but I was really tired, yah after i had it done i thought it was ok. But then I went back and read some of the others profiles and I realized my apperance and personality were lacking majorly as for history my main thing was to have him set out off the orange islands and run into an event that makes him want to join the resistance havent decided on that yet! If you want I can do an edited application wich I can either post here or PM you! I really like the plot of this RP and i deffinetley want in! I know how to RP fairly well but my applications always look crummy! But yah get back to me on wether you would like the application PM'd or posted here

Thanks
jake

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
@JTJP770: Nono, that's fine. Get your ideas hammered out and just edit your application with the new ideas/concepts/etc and just post in here when it's all set and I'll take another look at it. If you have any questions, just PM me or post here, and I'll get to it as soon as I can. If the Orange Islands are close to Kanto (which I /think/ they are..?) then Crimson Tide's influence there will be fairly high; so try to reflect that in your history *nod*

@Roxasabridged: Everything checks out, actually. A sickly ghost-trainer bent on revenge who enjoys fighting the members of the Crimson Tide, but can't push himself too hard. Interesting idea; I like it. You're the first 'Approved.' Welcome aboard. I'd like to get everyone approved before I open the IC thread though, so hang tight and if you've any questions for me, PM or post here.

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
@JTJP770: Looks good to me now. *stamps approved*

Okay, someone pointed out to me that I may have gone a little overboard in stating how dangerous this area is. While it will be dangerous, I will not be killing off anyone or their pokemon unless they've decided to do something off the deep end of dumb. Sorry for coming off like I planned to meticulously plot to kill all of you. ^^;

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
Awsome thanks! I'll make sure to check back for any posts (: PM me if needed (:

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
Note to everyone: This weekend is Anime Weekend Atlanta, and thus I will be there, cosplaying as Red. I will not be around to post on here, but I do plan to start either Sunday evening upon my return or Monday at absolute latest, assuming I'm too out of it to post Sunday night.

I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning, so if there are any questions/profiles posted after I'm gone, they'll be addressed when I come back. Just letting you all know. : D

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
I might be with my dad to Iowa with my dad for a day or too monday, if he deicdes not to take me ill be home monday but if im not here feel free to start with out me I'll catch up and throw my self in the story some how :)

Back