Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

TrollandToad.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old August 16th, 2014 (5:57 AM).
Nex's Avatar
Nex Nex is offline
Also called _Nex_
     
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 345
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
    So this means you have a 32 bit system!
    Seriosly once I had to install some dlls in my 64x bit folder
    __________________
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #102    
    Old August 16th, 2014 (11:07 PM).
    Evil Goku's Avatar
    Evil Goku Evil Goku is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2014
      Location: Earth
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 15
      All Tools Are Great Brother ( Language ?????????)
      Good Work
      __________________
      Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky Anime Episodes???
      Reply With Quote
        #103    
      Old August 28th, 2014 (7:45 AM). Edited August 28th, 2014 by JackHack96.
      JackHack96's Avatar
      JackHack96 JackHack96 is offline
      Little Hacker
         
        Join Date: Jul 2012
        Location: Italy
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 114
        Hello everybody! I'm here to present you my new tool, Overworld Editor DS, the DS version of Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition!
        Now it's in beta-state, but soon I'll publish 1.0 version


        Using it is simple!
        -If you are hacking D/P/Pt extract with Nitro Explorer data/mmodel/mmodel.narc, if you are hacking on HG/SS extract /a/0/8/1 and rename it to "1.narc" without quotes
        -Open the narc with Overworld Editor DS
        -Edit it like you want
        -Save the narc
        -Insert the modified narc in the rom

        Here is the link for testing it:
        http://www.mediafire.com/download/9v5kcy7947udfet/Overworld_Editor_DS.zip
        __________________
        There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

        Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
        Reply With Quote
          #104    
        Old August 30th, 2014 (1:32 PM).
        Nex's Avatar
        Nex Nex is offline
        Also called _Nex_
           
          Join Date: Aug 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 345
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
          Hello everybody! I'm here to present you my new tool, Overworld Editor DS, the DS version of Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition!
          Now it's in beta-state, but soon I'll publish 1.0 version


          Using it is simple!
          -If you are hacking D/P/Pt extract with Nitro Explorer data/mmodel/mmodel.narc, if you are hacking on HG/SS extract /a/0/8/1 and rename it to "1.narc" without quotes
          -Open the narc with Overworld Editor DS
          -Edit it like you want
          -Save the narc
          -Insert the modified narc in the rom

          Here is the link for testing it:
          http://www.mediafire.com/download/9v5kcy7947udfet/Overworld_Editor_DS.zip
          Pls make more tools like that,overworld editing is now much faster :D
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #105    
          Old September 10th, 2014 (5:59 AM).
          JackHack96's Avatar
          JackHack96 JackHack96 is offline
          Little Hacker
             
            Join Date: Jul 2012
            Location: Italy
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 114
            Hi! I'm here to give you two news:
            1. I've updated Overworld Editor DS (solved some bugs, especially on Linux)
            2. I've published another tool, Nitro Explorer 3
            The new tool aims Linux (and potentially Mac) users, because they lack a native tool for easy NDS file replacement (there's ndstool, but it's not easy for beginners).
            However if you are a Windows user you'll find useful when editing arm9, arm7 and overlays (Nitro Explorer 2 can't edit them).

            See the first post for info.

            Hope this helped someone
            __________________
            There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

            Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
            Reply With Quote
              #106    
            Old September 13th, 2014 (11:59 AM).
            Nex's Avatar
            Nex Nex is offline
            Also called _Nex_
               
              Join Date: Aug 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 345
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
              Hi! I'm here to give you two news:
              1. I've updated Overworld Editor DS (solved some bugs, especially on Linux)
              2. I've published another tool, Nitro Explorer 3
              The new tool aims Linux (and potentially Mac) users, because they lack a native tool for easy NDS file replacement (there's ndstool, but it's not easy for beginners).
              However if you are a Windows user you'll find useful when editing arm9, arm7 and overlays (Nitro Explorer 2 can't edit them).

              See the first post for info.

              Hope this helped someone
              awesome!Cant wait for more tools
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #107    
              Old October 2nd, 2014 (8:26 AM).
              whoopa whoopa is offline
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2007
                Gender:
                Posts: 6
                Can your item editor change items names?
                Reply With Quote
                  #108    
                Old October 2nd, 2014 (8:55 AM).
                emelian65 emelian65 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 39
                  Will you be able to develop gen V editors?, some if not most of this tools could be extremenly helpfull in B/W editing. :D
                  Reply With Quote
                    #109    
                  Old October 3rd, 2014 (5:28 AM).
                  JackHack96's Avatar
                  JackHack96 JackHack96 is offline
                  Little Hacker
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2012
                    Location: Italy
                    Age: 21
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 114
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by whoopa View Post
                    Can your item editor change items names?
                    You can use the text editor Simply search for "Master Ball" and open the item name list, where you can edit the item names
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by emelian65 View Post
                    Will you be able to develop gen V editors?, some if not most of this tools could be extremenly helpfull in B/W editing. :D
                    I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in gen V. But all of my tools are open source, so they can be easily ported to gen 5 by someone else
                    __________________
                    There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

                    Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #110    
                    Old November 12th, 2014 (3:22 PM).
                    Simplexity101 Simplexity101 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2014
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 5
                      Hey your tools are awesome and I've started to use them for a ROM hack, but is it possible to change Pokemon names without the code bugging out? It's not in your tools which is fine, I don't mind doing it the hard way but my main concern is it causing a glitch and the ROM not working. Here's a long version if you need it:

                      My plan for this ROM hack is to implement a hack where all the new Mega evolutions can be used as their own standing Pokemon, also because I like gen 4 so it's a win-win. But to keep my efforts minimal, I am changing all of the Pokemon in the Sinnoh dex so that I don't have to do something too complicated, and I can fit all the Pokemon I need to in it. So an example is that the Megas take up the last 40 or so slots, so I need to rename them something that indicates that it is "Mega Venusaur" or something along those lines, so its not "Garchomp" but it looks and actually is mega Venusaur.

                      Thank you for your help, your tools are great!
                      Reply With Quote
                        #111    
                      Old November 13th, 2014 (12:31 PM).
                      JackHack96's Avatar
                      JackHack96 JackHack96 is offline
                      Little Hacker
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                        Location: Italy
                        Age: 21
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 114
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Simplexity101 View Post
                        Hey your tools are awesome and I've started to use them for a ROM hack, but is it possible to change Pokemon names without the code bugging out? It's not in your tools which is fine, I don't mind doing it the hard way but my main concern is it causing a glitch and the ROM not working. Here's a long version if you need it:

                        My plan for this ROM hack is to implement a hack where all the new Mega evolutions can be used as their own standing Pokemon, also because I like gen 4 so it's a win-win. But to keep my efforts minimal, I am changing all of the Pokemon in the Sinnoh dex so that I don't have to do something too complicated, and I can fit all the Pokemon I need to in it. So an example is that the Megas take up the last 40 or so slots, so I need to rename them something that indicates that it is "Mega Venusaur" or something along those lines, so its not "Garchomp" but it looks and actually is mega Venusaur.

                        Thank you for your help, your tools are great!
                        Mmmmh, which base rom are you using? And which message are you editing (I mean the message-container you select in the left panel of DS Text Editor)?
                        __________________
                        There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

                        Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #112    
                        Old November 15th, 2014 (5:03 AM).
                        Simplexity101 Simplexity101 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2014
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 5
                          I'm using Diamond, and the issue is I don't know what message to edit to change Pokemon names, I'm not sure where to look and that's where your expertise comes in haha
                          Reply With Quote
                            #113    
                          Old November 15th, 2014 (6:14 AM).
                          Nex's Avatar
                          Nex Nex is offline
                          Also called _Nex_
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 345
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Simplexity101 View Post
                            I'm using Diamond, and the issue is I don't know what message to edit to change Pokemon names, I'm not sure where to look and that's where your expertise comes in haha
                            I think it was around 412
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #114    
                            Old January 14th, 2015 (10:34 AM).
                            CursedNocturne CursedNocturne is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2015
                              Gender: Other
                              Posts: 3
                              I've been having a problem with DS Pokemon Editor (the 64 version) where I can load the NARC files just fine, but whenever I click on a Pokemon's name it closes automatically. I went back and saw the advice you gave to two others who had a similar problem, and this is what mine said (I can't post pictures yet, so I'm typing it out here):

                              Quote:
                              Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
                              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                              at sun.reflect.DelagatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
                              at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
                              Caused by java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Math.floorDiv(II)I
                              at gui.MainWindow.loadStats(MainWindow.java:1745)
                              at gui.MainWindow.access$4(MainWindow.java:1703)
                              at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
                              at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
                              at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
                              at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
                              at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
                              at gui.MainWindow.main(MainWindow.java:1272)
                              ...5 more
                              I don't know what any of it means, and I can't figure it out. It's a platinum ROM from the US. I'm using a Windows 8 laptop, so that may have something to do with the problem...
                              Reply With Quote
                                #115    
                              Old January 14th, 2015 (12:21 PM).
                              ISNorden's Avatar
                              ISNorden ISNorden is offline
                              Teddiursa
                                 
                                Join Date: Feb 2013
                                Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Gentle
                                Posts: 156
                                When I commented here last year, most of these tools were in Italian only. Have more English translations been made since then?
                                __________________
                                ========================

                                Ingeborg S. Nordén

                                " Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #116    
                                Old January 16th, 2015 (12:50 PM).
                                JackHack96's Avatar
                                JackHack96 JackHack96 is offline
                                Little Hacker
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2012
                                  Location: Italy
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Relaxed
                                  Posts: 114
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by CursedNocturne View Post
                                  I've been having a problem with DS Pokemon Editor (the 64 version) where I can load the NARC files just fine, but whenever I click on a Pokemon's name it closes automatically. I went back and saw the advice you gave to two others who had a similar problem, and this is what mine said (I can't post pictures yet, so I'm typing it out here):



                                  I don't know what any of it means, and I can't figure it out. It's a platinum ROM from the US. I'm using a Windows 8 laptop, so that may have something to do with the problem...
                                  Thanks for the bug report! Don't worry that bug isn't related to Windows 8 nor to the ROM. It's a Java problem... Which version are you running? Try to install Java 1.8 !

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
                                  When I commented here last year, most of these tools were in Italian only. Have more English translations been made since then?
                                  Yes, during the summer I've updated and rewrited quite everything. Now most of the tools are available in both english and italian, and the language is automatically set
                                  __________________
                                  There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

                                  Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #117    
                                  Old January 19th, 2015 (8:38 AM).
                                  CursedNocturne CursedNocturne is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2015
                                    Gender: Other
                                    Posts: 3
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
                                    Thanks for the bug report! Don't worry that bug isn't related to Windows 8 nor to the ROM. It's a Java problem... Which version are you running? Try to install Java 1.8 !
                                    I just updated to the most recent version, and it's working! Thanks~ ^w^
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #118    
                                    Old January 20th, 2015 (10:28 AM).
                                    RioKameroen5 RioKameroen5 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 7
                                      Hey Jackhack, Do you still plan on programming other programs? I'm looking for a Icon editor, like Iconed for gba. I can try to help as well, in case it is needed.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #119    
                                      Old January 21st, 2015 (6:37 AM).
                                      JackHack96's Avatar
                                      JackHack96 JackHack96 is offline
                                      Little Hacker
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2012
                                        Location: Italy
                                        Age: 21
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 114
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by RioKameroen5 View Post
                                        Hey Jackhack, Do you still plan on programming other programs? I'm looking for a Icon editor, like Iconed for gba. I can try to help as well, in case it is needed.
                                        I don't know, maybe this summer after the exams
                                        __________________
                                        There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

                                        Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #120    
                                        Old January 22nd, 2015 (6:27 AM). Edited January 22nd, 2015 by Lunos.
                                        Lunos's Avatar
                                        Lunos Lunos is offline
                                        Uruguayan Random Guy
                                           
                                          Join Date: Oct 2008
                                          Posts: 956
                                          A pokemon sprites editor would be definitely the most awesome tool ever created u.u ..
                                          (Like.. be able to modify the front and back of the different pokemons and their icons <3)
                                          (A relatively easily way i mean xD)

                                          EDIT:
                                          And well.. the Overworld Editor would be more cool allowing us to Import or Export or own Overworlds :/ ..


                                          Cya~
                                          __________________
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #121    
                                          Old February 4th, 2015 (4:00 PM).
                                          Simplexity101 Simplexity101 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2014
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 5
                                            Hi the tool collection you have is great, but the Advanced Series Icon Editor (GBA) keeps crashing whenever I open it, do you know of a fix for it?
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #122    
                                            Old February 5th, 2015 (9:40 AM).
                                            JackHack96's Avatar
                                            JackHack96 JackHack96 is offline
                                            Little Hacker
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2012
                                              Location: Italy
                                              Age: 21
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 114
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Simplexity101 View Post
                                              Hi the tool collection you have is great, but the Advanced Series Icon Editor (GBA) keeps crashing whenever I open it, do you know of a fix for it?
                                              Hi and thanks
                                              Advanced Series Icon Editor is not mine, so I cannot modify it. I think it works only with english roms. What language are you using?
                                              __________________
                                              There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

                                              Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #123    
                                              Old February 12th, 2015 (2:51 PM).
                                              differentraptor differentraptor is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Apr 2014
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 7
                                                Hi I translated your DPP Intro Editor
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #124    
                                                Old February 16th, 2015 (7:25 AM).
                                                Simplexity101 Simplexity101 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Nov 2014
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 5
                                                  Hi sorry it took so long to reply. I'm getting the same issue with Advanced Text, saying
                                                  "Component 'Comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
                                                  But for some weird reason, a few days ago the icon editor worked, but it has this error again. Again, they both have the same issue. My language is English, and I'm on a 64 bit operating system. I downloaded both directly from your website, and even tried re-downloading a few times in case it was corrupted. I'm trumped on what it could be!
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #125    
                                                  Old February 19th, 2015 (8:52 AM).
                                                  JackHack96's Avatar
                                                  JackHack96 JackHack96 is offline
                                                  Little Hacker
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Jul 2012
                                                    Location: Italy
                                                    Age: 21
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                                    Posts: 114
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Simplexity101 View Post
                                                    Hi sorry it took so long to reply. I'm getting the same issue with Advanced Text, saying
                                                    "Component 'Comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
                                                    But for some weird reason, a few days ago the icon editor worked, but it has this error again. Again, they both have the same issue. My language is English, and I'm on a 64 bit operating system. I downloaded both directly from your website, and even tried re-downloading a few times in case it was corrupted. I'm trumped on what it could be!
                                                    Did you downloaded comdlg32.ocx? Also, make sure your system has registered it! (google for registering a dll)
                                                    __________________
                                                    There are some things hackers can't hack. For everything else, there's Crystal Tile! :D

                                                    Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:21 AM.