Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

TrollandToad.com

Old July 30th, 2014 (10:34 PM).
Adamant and adaptive dinosaur.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RaileysXerilyasRX View Post
    What does it fix dude? Well, I just want to fix the weather ability, sand force switch, and stat boosting for a while. PM me if wanted. The patch is really impressive dude. I've already used that in my hack now waiting for 1.5. Keep up the good work dude! Just PM me the fixes for those I mentioned.
    This fixes the problem of not actually attaining stat boosts like swords dance, x attack etc.

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 30th, 2014 (11:52 PM).
    Now Leaving...

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KDS View Post
      This fixes the problem of not actually attaining stat boosts like swords dance, x attack etc.
      Soo... do you mean... it fixes except attain stat boosts?

Userpage

Pokémon Dark Jade Version (Coming Soon!)

The Omsoc Empire (Coming Soon!)
      Old July 31st, 2014 (5:01 AM).
      Adamant and adaptive dinosaur.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RaileysXerilyasRX View Post
        Soo... do you mean... it fixes except attain stat boosts?
        Yes if you swords dance without the hex edit, the attack would not double. So it is neccessary
        Old August 2nd, 2014 (8:54 PM).
        Eclectic

Nature: Bold
          Just out of curiosity, how did you do the anim for geomancy? I couldn't find anything remotely close to it to use as a base lol
          Old August 3rd, 2014 (6:14 AM).

I tried applying the patch to a Fire Red rom but I want to hack it further, by adding some new Pokemon and so, but G3HS shows an error when selecting any Pokemon which says that the moves where not fully loaded. Also, I don't see any Type or Ability in their respective columns. What can I do?

Sorry for bad English.
            Old August 3rd, 2014 (1:03 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by romancandle View Post
              I've tinkered with the Special Stats of a Charmander (up to 190, which jumped his Sp. Att from 20 to 49), yet the damage to a Geodude with Ember did not increase AND got weaker when it used Defense Curl.

Special Attacks just don't seem to be treated like Special Attacks, even with the correct byte set to 01.

Edit: Unless I overwrote it with sprites (which I would be surprised), I didn't make any changes to the patch.
              Okay, so I've done a little bit more testing.

I used the patch (MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.4a.ips) on a standard FireRed game. I set both the starter and the rival to level 50. I set Charmander's Attack to 10, Special Attack to 160. I set Squirtle's defense to 160 and Sp. Def to 10, with a buttload of HP. In the end, however, both Flamethrower and Slash OHKO Squirtle. However, when I set Squirtle's defense to 160 and Sp. Defense to 10, I see a noticable drop in damage from both Slash and Flamethrower (to around 1/8th Squirtle's HP).

Is it because I'm using a v1.0 (I think, it doesn't say "presents") and I need a v1.1?

Edit: Also, Flamethrower ends 00 01 00 while Slash ends 00 00 00.
              Old August 3rd, 2014 (1:11 PM).
              Unprofessional Unprofessional

Quote:
                Okay, so I've done a little bit more testing.

I used the patch (MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase 1.4a.ips) on a standard FireRed game. I set both the starter and the rival to level 50. I set Charmander's Attack to 10, Special Attack to 160. I set Squirtle's defense to 160 and Sp. Def to 10, with a buttload of HP. In the end, however, both Flamethrower and Slash OHKO Squirtle. However, when I set Squirtle's defense to 160 and Sp. Defense to 10, I see a noticable drop in damage from both Slash and Flamethrower (to around 1/8th Squirtle's HP).

Is it because I'm using a v1.0 (I think, it doesn't say "presents") and I need a v1.1?

Edit: Also, Flamethrower ends 00 01 00 while Slash ends 00 00 00.
                No, it's for 1.0. Almost no hacking..thingy..uses 1.1.
                I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I know that the patch works because I've tried it but...I don't know. Maybe just try redownloading the rom and patch. But, I'm not sure..
                Living Pokedex Complete: LG, E, Pl, B, B2, Y, OR, M
                Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
                Old August 3rd, 2014 (1:27 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ShyRayq View Post
                  No, it's for 1.0. Almost no hacking..thingy..uses 1.1.
                  I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I know that the patch works because I've tried it but...I don't know. Maybe just try redownloading the rom and patch. But, I'm not sure..
                  Nope. I redownloaded the patch and a different rom, yet the same issue occurred. Gave Charmander a massive Sp. Att and a tiny Attack (12), yet Flamethrower and Slash did the same amount of damage to a level 50, 160/160 Squirtle.
                  Old August 3rd, 2014 (6:38 PM).
                  Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak

Nature: Timid
                    Quote:
                    Nope. I redownloaded the patch and a different rom, yet the same issue occurred. Gave Charmander a massive Sp. Att and a tiny Attack (12), yet Flamethrower and Slash did the same amount of damage to a level 50, 160/160 Squirtle.
                    Have you tried the Hex Edit fix mentioned a while back? That seemed to work for me, though I didn't do such extensive testing.

EDIT: Never mind. The Hex Edit fix was for stat boosts. (Though you might want to try it, just as a test)

Want to ask me a question? Click here!
                    Old August 4th, 2014 (11:26 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lady Prixy View Post
                      Have you tried the Hex Edit fix mentioned a while back? That seemed to work for me, though I didn't do such extensive testing.

EDIT: Never mind. The Hex Edit fix was for stat boosts. (Though you might want to try it, just as a test)
                      I'll try that when I get home and I can find a new hex editor (I moved computers). However, I can confirm that Defense Curl was working. I noticed because it was cutting the damage of Ember from a previous attempt.
                      Old August 4th, 2014 (3:01 PM).

This is a really well done, professional-grade patch! However, while after much struggle I did eventually get to apply the patch via Lunar IPS, the typings are all screwed up if you try to edit them. Plus it doesn't help that the names of the types are not appearing on the type drop-down menu. Am I supposed to apply both the attack patch and the update patch in the separate folder? I am new to this. Thank you.
                        Old August 4th, 2014 (4:40 PM).
                        youmeme kondanku

Nature: Quirky
                          @Marilynasol: Are you sure you're using a 1.0 rom of Fire Red? 1.1, as many people have said, may give the patch some problems.

Old August 4th, 2014 (5:06 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Anvils Alive View Post
                            @Marilynasol: Are you sure you're using a 1.0 rom of Fire Red? 1.1, as many people have said, may give the patch some problems.
                            Thanks but that's not the problem from what I can determine. The rom is from CoolRom and while the site did not note what version, a little research and when I played the unaltered rom the word "presents" is not in the introduction, therefore it is Version 1.0.

I am using g3hs to further edit the rom to my specifications.
                            Old August 4th, 2014 (5:16 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Marilynasol View Post
                              Thanks but that's not the problem from what I can determine. The rom is from CoolRom and while the site did not note what version, a little research and when I played the unaltered rom the word "presents" is not in the introduction, therefore it is Version 1.0.

I am using g3hs to further edit the rom to my specifications.

Hello Marilynasol,

I think your problem is you are not setting up the .ini in G3HS.
                              Read the documentation carefully that comes with both the tool and patch...
                              Old August 4th, 2014 (5:20 PM).

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by DarkPsychic View Post
                                Hello Marilynasol,

I think your problem is you are not setting up the .ini in G3HS.
                                Read the documentation carefully that comes with both the tool and patch...
                                I did but it just left me more confused. I opened up an unaltered Pokemon FireRed 1.1 rom easily in G3HS and went to edit the hex chart like the document said. I couldn't type over what I had, and when I tried to do the .ini merge, I couldn't because the rom itself doesn't come with an .ini file.
                                Old August 4th, 2014 (5:44 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Lady Prixy View Post

Looks like that DID fix it. I'm not sure why, but it's working now. Slash does pathetic damage and Flamethrower does much more. I switched it around so Charmander had a 160 Att and 10 Sp. Att. Then Slash did decent damage and Flamethrower barely did squat with a Critical Hit.

Thanks for the suggestion. I never would've thought of it since it seemed to be about something different. This base got me really interested in making a new hack, so I'm ecstatic I got it working now!
                                  Old August 4th, 2014 (7:13 PM). Edited August 4th, 2014 by DarkPsychic.

Quote:
                                    I did but it just left me more confused. I opened up an unaltered Pokemon FireRed 1.1 rom easily in G3HS and went to edit the hex chart like the document said. I couldn't type over what I had, and when I tried to do the .ini merge, I couldn't because the rom itself doesn't come with an .ini file.

Alright,
                                    First I wouldn't use a FireRed 1.1 rom I personally only use 1.0...

Next get a clean rom and patch it with MrDollSteak's Rombase,
                                    Then use Rom Header Editor to change the rom patched with the bases header to MrDS
                                    then try to open it in G3HS.... I am going to test it again my self right now just to make sure

make sure you have the most up to date G3HS as well

Edit: Just tested it and honestly after you patch the rom simply open it in a hex editor and scroll All the way down to the bottom.
                                    On the far bottom right you will see 00 change these last two zeros to FF and it will open up like a charm
                                    Old August 4th, 2014 (7:24 PM).

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by DarkPsychic View Post
                                      Alright,
                                      First I wouldn't use a FireRed 1.1 rom I personally only use 1.0...

Next get a clean rom and patch it with MrDollSteak's Rombase,
                                      Then use Rom Header Editor to change the rom patched with the bases header to MrDS
                                      then try to open it in G3HS.... I am going to test it again my self right now just to make sure

make sure you have the most up to date G3HS as well
                                      Whoops, that was a typo mistake. I used a clean, not-yet-been-opened-in-the-emulator rom of Pokemon FireRed version 1.0 and that's when I began having difficulties. I am using the version of G3HS released last month.

Here's what I did: I applied the MrDS Attack and Decapitalization patch to a clean Pokemon FireRed Version 1.0 (the introduction lacks the word "PRESENTS") and then opened up the newly-patched Pokemon FireRed in G3HS. Tried to change Bulbasaur to a pure grass-type, but when the drop-down list appeared, it was completely blank without words. Tried to see if Bulbasaur would still take with two random (blank, there's no text) types selected, but on emulator always appeared as a normal type following my changes.
                                      Old August 4th, 2014 (11:27 PM).
                                      Unprofessional Unprofessional

Quote:
                                        Whoops, that was a typo mistake. I used a clean, not-yet-been-opened-in-the-emulator rom of Pokemon FireRed version 1.0 and that's when I began having difficulties. I am using the version of G3HS released last month.

Here's what I did: I applied the MrDS Attack and Decapitalization patch to a clean Pokemon FireRed Version 1.0 (the introduction lacks the word "PRESENTS") and then opened up the newly-patched Pokemon FireRed in G3HS. Tried to change Bulbasaur to a pure grass-type, but when the drop-down list appeared, it was completely blank without words. Tried to see if Bulbasaur would still take with two random (blank, there's no text) types selected, but on emulator always appeared as a normal type following my changes.
                                        That's because the offset in the INI is wrong. I don't remember where it is but. Search for "NORMAL (FF) FIGHT" Or "Normal (FF) Fight" in your Hex editor. Obviously in the letters will be in hex.
                                        You'll get 2 results. 1 is the original and the second is the proper one. That's the offset. Copy and paste it in the ini under "Type Names" or something like that.
                                        Living Pokedex Complete: LG, E, Pl, B, B2, Y, OR, M
                                        Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
                                        Old August 5th, 2014 (11:43 AM).
                                        Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak

Quote:
                                          Looks like that DID fix it. I'm not sure why, but it's working now. Slash does pathetic damage and Flamethrower does much more. I switched it around so Charmander had a 160 Att and 10 Sp. Att. Then Slash did decent damage and Flamethrower barely did squat with a Critical Hit.

Thanks for the suggestion. I never would've thought of it since it seemed to be about something different. This base got me really interested in making a new hack, so I'm ecstatic I got it working now!
                                          Well, I'm glad it worked!

You already saw my edit note from my post, I had assumed it wouldn't work either, so I'm glad you tried it anyway. Congratulations on getting it to work~ Hopefully next time someone has this problem (and doesn't read previous pages, like all noobs do) one of us will be around to give this fix!

Better yet, hopefully 1.5 is released before then xD

Want to ask me a question? Click here!
                                          Old August 6th, 2014 (11:48 AM).
                                          Suzuke of Mystica Suzuke of Mystica is offline
                                          Currently updating stuff...

Nature: Lonely
                                            So I put this patch in my FR rom, and loaded up the PGE successor G3T, and it works and all, up until the gameplay, at which point the game crashes at the first rival battle. Any solutions? Or a link to a G3HS tutorial?(doubt there is one)?

Twilight version is taken by me...Still in heavy dev, but don't worry. It WILL BE FINISHED!
                                            Old August 6th, 2014 (1:54 PM).
                                            Under the Crescent Moon
                                            • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Suzuke of Mystica View Post
                                            So I put this patch in my FR rom, and loaded up the PGE successor G3T, and it works and all, up until the gameplay, at which point the game crashes at the first rival battle. Any solutions? Or a link to a G3HS tutorial?(doubt there is one)?
                                            Did you edit the ini. file in G3T, to accustom the changes to your ROM?
                                            Old August 6th, 2014 (2:37 PM).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by DJTiKi View Post
                                              Did you edit the ini. file in G3T, to accustom the changes to your ROM?
                                              I used the exact numbers and hex that came with MDS, so yes

Twilight version is taken by me...Still in heavy dev, but don't worry. It WILL BE FINISHED!
                                              Old August 6th, 2014 (2:39 PM).
                                              Under the Crescent Moon
                                              • Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Suzuke of Mystica View Post
                                              I used the exact numbers and hex that came with MDS, so yes
                                              Are there any changes that you made? Specify them.
                                              Old August 6th, 2014 (3:20 PM).

Location: In the clouds right now
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by DJTiKi View Post
                                                Are there any changes that you made? Specify them.
                                                Attached is the exact .ini file that I used, with the modifications after the patch. I did not add any params to the .ini, only modded the values that were given to me. I changed where all the Hex values are, as well as the number of pokemon, TM's and HM's, and abilities.
                                                Attached Files
                                                File Type: ini BPRE.ini‎ (2.5 KB, 16 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Quick Reply