• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
How do I make it so that trainers battle you even after you beat a gym leader?

In the Gym Leader script, you should find a bunch of cleartrainerflag commands - those clear the flags of the trainers in the Gym so they can't be battled again. Try removing those form the script and re-compile.

Also how do I make it that when I have a certain badge some people won't battle me?

If you have the trainer box checked, I don't think that you can, but if I'm wrong about that, the thing to try would be checkflag and to have it check for the flag that is used for the particular badge (in Fire Red anyway - I forget how badges are set in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald). The script might glitch up though if the trainer box is checked.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Hmm in game where excatly and you inserted link as a pokemon if i am correct. What kind of glitchy like colors messed up then did you fix the palette. Did you fix height and width ?

The pokeballs you choose from at Oak's lab. But even after I chose Link, his sprite is still messed up when viewed from his summary in my pokemon roster. Glitchy as in, the background color is still there (it's a PNG file so idk why) and the bottom half of the image is all screwed up like MissingNo., but in the sprite's colors. I'd post the image but I can't until I have 15 posts.

did u indexed the sprite and make usre that its 64x64 pixels???
if no , index it and insert it again in a clean rom to test it.
It's indexed and 64x64.

If you guys wanna know the process in which I'm doing the sprite, saving a Charmander sprite from the game via unLZ, opening it in MS Paint, putting the Link sprite on top of it, make it indexed in GIMP, Import it to unLZ in Charmander's place, Write to ROM. If I'm missing anything, lemme know! Thanks!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey guys, I just got into all this ROM Hacking bidness and I'm loving it so far, but I am having a problem. I'm trying to replace a Pokemon sprite with Link from Legend of Zelda via unLZ. Unfortunately, when I put Link in the game, his sprite looks half glitchy, like he and MissingNo. had an unholy baby. Any tips on fixing this? Thanks guys!

Perhaps you will find it easier using Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor than unLZ.

Learath2

Scripter
Years
Hey guys, I just got into all this ROM Hacking bidness and I'm loving it so far, but I am having a problem. I'm trying to replace a Pokemon sprite with Link from Legend of Zelda via unLZ. Unfortunately, when I put Link in the game, his sprite looks half glitchy, like he and MissingNo. had an unholy baby. Any tips on fixing this? Thanks guys!

If i were you i would follow another tutorial to actually INSERT pokemon then i would change the starters but what you want is changing so are you sure you did check the Fix pointer and abort if bigger. Hmm did you import the palette and changed the palette of the pokemon lots of possibilities. Maybe just use an editor.

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
FireRed question:
Is it possible to make the game freeze/restart after a player whites out? Like when all your pokemon faint a Trainer whited out message shows. Instead making it like a game over screen and have the player restart.

Articuno23

Sub-Zero
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
Hey guys, I have quite a serious problem... In my ROM hack whenever a pokemon gets confused they get the sleep status!
I've no idea how this has happened as I haven't touched anything to do with that. How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance

Learath2

Scripter
Years
FireRed question:
Is it possible to make the game freeze/restart after a player whites out? Like when all your pokemon faint a Trainer whited out message shows. Instead making it like a game over screen and have the player restart.

Restart ? like from the beginning of the ROM Intro etc.. then this might involve some ASM. If you try scripting this might be really weird and hardcoded.

Hey guys, I have quite a serious problem... In my ROM hack whenever a pokemon gets confused they get the sleep status!
I've no idea how this has happened as I haven't touched anything to do with that. How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance

Does this happen with all attacks that confuse. There are some attacks that might make the enemy both confused and give sleep status. If youve done editing on any of this attacks you might have changed something that manages that special status effect.

Articuno23

Sub-Zero
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
Does this happen with all attacks that confuse. There are some attacks that might make the enemy both confused and give sleep status. If youve done editing on any of this attacks you might have changed something that manages that special status effect.

It was supersonic from a Zubat, it happens with water pulse as well. :/ I haven't done any editing on the moves but could you tell me how to check the effect of the move? Is there a program?

Learath2

Scripter
Years
It was supersonic from a Zubat, it happens with water pulse as well. :/ I haven't done any editing on the moves but could you tell me how to check the effect of the move? Is there a program?

Yeh they might make your pokemon fall asleep aswell but is it a hundred rate of accuracy of sleep does it always make your pokemon sleep did you edit any stats.

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
Restart ? like from the beginning of the ROM Intro etc.. then this might involve some ASM. If you try scripting this might be really weird and hardcoded.
Exactly! I'm trying to make a difficult hack which doesn't let you get teleported back to the Pokémon center if you blackout/whiteout and instead resets the game or just freeze the screen, whichever is easier to script.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Don't care about it and download different ROM ;)
From the looks of it you downloaded pretty crappy one =)

Exactly! I'm trying to make a difficult hack which doesn't let you get teleported back to the Pokémon center if you blackout/whiteout and instead resets the game or just freeze the screen, whichever is easier to script.
So to make it clear you want this:
After player loses battle he/she is forced to restart the game because it's like he lost (pretty much something like Nuzlocke =D) or freeze the screen (that's kinda weird and I don't see point in it :D)
Anyways as was mentioned, it'd probably need ASM.
Because games have the fact that after losing battle player is teleported into closest PC (or I think it's more likely position because in Flora Sky if you white out you are teleported into Island from where you are unable to escape if you don't have Surf HM) already implemented.
Though what I mentioned is close to what you are trying to accomplish because that would force player to restart it just wouldn't be done right after battle =)

Masou Shoujo Haruna

Don't touch me, I'm sterile
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2011

theres some few specials that can do it
0F1 after clearing all waiting data, shuts down the system internally with the Stop Bios command. Also, disables all interuptions, killing the game right there.
10F this is the function that is called by f1 to do the shuting down thing. Therefore, this crashes everything
15C crashes game after executing whole script(?)
from jpan's list of specials Study on the Special and Special2 commands

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Weather has effect on battles (e.g. rainy weather on a route makes it rainy in battle). Can this be changed? What I mean is like instead of rain in the field causing rain in battle, it causes a sandstorm or something. Also, can it be made so that snow in the field causes hailstorm in battle? It doesn't seem to cause any weather at all...

Any help appreciated!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Weather has effect on battles (e.g. rainy weather on a route makes it rainy in battle). Can this be changed? What I mean is like instead of rain in the field causing rain in battle, it causes a sandstorm or something. Also, can it be made so that snow in the field causes hailstorm in battle? It doesn't seem to cause any weather at all...

Any help appreciated!

You would only be able to change this through heavy ASM.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2022
Perhaps you will find it easier using Wichu's Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor[/URL] than unLZ.

OK so I started using this, my sprite doesn't work but at least it tells me why: "Data is not l277 compressed!" it says when I get to the glitchy file that I already put ingame; if I try to import it from my computer, the sprite editor crashes. So obviously there is something wrong with my sprite. I'm thinking maybe the GBA ROM can't handle the colors? It seems pretty close to the graphics/colors of the trainers, but it has to be something. I tried Sonic the Hedgehog's sprite from Sonic2 on the Genesis and it did the same thing. Is there a program that fits your sprite to the GBA requirements? Any additional insight would be great, thank guys!

Last edited:

Learath2

Scripter
Years
OK so I started using this, my sprite doesn't work but at least it tells me why: "Data is not l277 compressed!" it says when I get to the glitchy file that I already put ingame; if I try to import it from my computer, the sprite editor crashes. So obviously there is something wrong with my sprite. I'm thinking maybe the GBA ROM can't handle the colors? It seems pretty close to the graphics/colors of the trainers, but it has to be something. I tried Sonic the Hedgehog's sprite from Sonic2 on the Genesis and it did the same thing. Is there a program that fits your sprite to the GBA requirements? Any additional insight would be great, thank guys!

Just pop up irfanview and look at decrase color depth choose 8bpp and it will be indexed second be sure its 64x64. If doesnt work get the original sprite resive it to 64x64 change the background to something not used in sprite. then go to irfanview decrease color depth to 8bpp. Then Save AS to a different file. Open the original one in paint open the edited one in a second window copy the edited one and paste on the original one. Save the original try inserting again. Dont index in GIMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back