• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hmmm? No updates :3
*softens*
*looks the way Caterpie did in RR*
Well, keep up the good work!

very busy with life lately, though. :\
also, that Caterpie look won't work at me!
I said it won't work on me...
Stop starring at me like that!

I just checked the video and it's pretty cool script djg can't wait for beta 2 :)
(aaa I don't wanna be frozen :D :D)

thanks~

Hey djg, maybe you can add a different feature to the hack. Maybe use some chender checks in certain main events that differ from the boy or girl. Maybe get some different items depending on who you play as? Just throwing out some ideas. ;)

Anyway, good luck~

I already had that planned though, but I am dealing with the main storyline for now.
Any sidequests will be on later beta versions.

I haven't checked this thread in a while, and I must say, I am very impressed! That is the kind of script that makes even us game makers (non-hackers) jeleous! I wish this game the best of luck and hope for your sucess!

thanks but, that's really an easy script to do though. :\
but thanks~

I idea! I idea!
Rip the sprites of MD Diglett walking, then create a soft soil tile. You can use *Dig or something*, then your OW changes to the Diglett walking flame. That way you'll be able to pass a lot of things.

I already have that planned, as well as attacks like Teleport and some other attacks and more~
However, they're still in the planning stage and I like your DIG idea. Thanks~

---oOo---​

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
very busy with life lately, though. :\
also, that Caterpie look won't work at me!
I said it won't work on me...
Stop starring at me like that!
*keeps starring*
xD

I already have that planned, as well as attacks like Teleport and some other attacks and more~
However, they're still in the planning stage and I like your DIG idea. Thanks~
You're welcome. And I can't wait to see all the good stuff!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
2iae83s.jpg

I have some updates today.
I managed to upgrade the 3rd Gym Leader's script successfully, finally...
This means that beta 2 is ready, however, it still needs beta testing. So patience, pipz.
Also, I am now waiting for the OverWorlds for both the male and female heroes. Nicolas has those done already, but I haven't received them yet.

In the meantime, I'll be doing some minor fixing in the hack like the PokéDex entries and icons and etc.

Oh, by the way, to those who are excited to kick the Dark Organization's butt, you'll have to wait for beta 3, I'm afraid...

edit:

To those who wish to know...
> The second beta's length will be up to the third Gym Leader...
> The thread will still be in the Progressing Hacks section until I wanna put it in the Hack Showcase...
> Guibit is still not available...
> The Hevah Dex is still not complete...
> Legendaries aren't inserted yet...

Thanks~

---oOo---​

Last edited:

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
Well if beta 2 is coming soon...
I guess I have to wait to play more!
I really wouldn't care if I need to restart my game because it's an excellent game!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Great job, djg! :)
I'm looking forward to beta two.

Also, in the cave you have to explore after the Dark Organization takes over the trainer school..the encounter ratio was pretty high there. Do you think you could decrease it please? :3

Anyway, good luck~

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
If beta 2 is up to 3rd Gym Leader then how many betas do you plan djg? :)

yes, the next beta will go up to the third gym.
not sure about how many betas will LoG be having.

Can't wait for beta 2 . But no fun i need to restart my game ...

sorry about that.
but it's needed. if you continue the game, you'll miss some added stuff.

Yeah I'm glad to see this hack progressing. Keep up the good work!

thanks~

Well if beta 2 is coming soon...
I guess I have to wait to play more!
I really wouldn't care if I need to restart my game because it's an excellent game!

thanks~

Great job, djg! :)
I'm looking forward to beta two.

Also, in the cave you have to explore after the Dark Organization takes over the trainer school..the encounter ratio was pretty high there. Do you think you could decrease it please? :3

Anyway, good luck~

I'll try to remember that.
thanks~

Any new updates, djg?
I hope you don't ming using the idea in my hack too ;)

the idea? what idea? :\
and updates? well... not that the updates are good enough to be revealed in public yet though...

Just be a little patient dude. ;)

He's at school now, I think. :/
Also, don't forget, he has to do some beta testing~

yah, but today's Tuesday, so I got no classes, however, I am quite busy with real life...
but I can still manage to spare time for LoG. ;)

---oOo---​

jefffan3

Devolping A New Game Now......
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
sorry for later reply been busy with school,job, and friends/familiy so yea im back now for a bit but u never told me should i pm nicolas or him pm me?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay, so seeing as you are excited about the next beta to be posted in public, I should let you all know that life has been truly making me busy.
I still need to add some minor scripts and I'm waiting for Nicolas' OW sprites to be inserted in the game. Plus the male hero's backsprite...
Also, beta testing haven't been done yet...
I am thinking of hiring some beta testers... But...

Also, after seeing PKMN Never Black 'n White successfully having a National Dex, I have been thinking of doing the same, however, I can't make up my mind...
If I don't have the National Dex, I can only have a limited amount of PKMN available in the game, but I can use some useless sprites for faces...
However, if I do activate the National Dex, you can capture many PKMN in the game, however, no more faces, and that would mean to restart LoG...
So I need your opinion on this...

Also, I can't use CSS on this computer I'm using currently...
So don't ask why I'm not using CSS codings for my post, okies? :P

When I can make time, I'll make some updates.
Thanks~

edit: by the way...
seeing as my previous post got deleted due to the drive transfer PC made, Id like to let you know my latest update.
I have uploaded a new video showing you all the new remapped Guardia Town, the new male hero's OverWorld sprites(walking and standing OW are inserted yet), and a preview of the music of the Leon Empire.
That would be all~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
First of all, what do you mean by using faces as sprites? I didn't get that bit.
Anyway, I'd prefer more Pokemon than limited Pokedex. However, just for this sake, restarting the entire game is really not worth it.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
---UPDATES---​

I have been improving some old scripts and added some new stuff...
So this means that when I release beta 2, you all would, sadly, start a new game once again.

One of the scripts I rescripted is choosing your starter POKéMON...
Here's are screenies for you all.
They contain major spoilers so I'll wrap them up inside a spoiler... :P
Spoiler:
He means this.
He uses some Pokemon sprites for these awesome pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back