• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2008
I have a question about AdvanceMap: When i go to Header view there's a Create new names buttion however it is disabled... Is there a way to enable the button so I can create new names or is that yet to be implemented in a future release of AdvanceMap?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
in pokemon firered i used PET to edit brock and I did but the sprite is not the one i chose in pet when i battle him, and the pokemon are right but there moves are all different

PET has a bug on that. The move list is shifted by 1, so you have to select the move that is after the one you want. If you want it to know POUND you have to select KARATE CHOP. I think that it's because Interdpth forgot that 0x0000 means "no move", since that option is not there and 0x0001 POUND is in its place.
If you want it to make it know psicho boost (0x0162), the last element on the list, you have to edit it in hex. The pokemon data offset is displayed in pet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
I dont know how to use anything...

I cant understand how to do this stufff!!! can someone please help me, im a fast learner (never got lower than 95% in my life....ever) plz i need help

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2007
Hey,when I enter text with a-Text that contain more letters then originially, a message says it cant find the text pointer.How can I add additional text?

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
Years
... now i know as much as bevore...
Is there someone who can explain it better?

Find the program "Free Space Finder". Tell it to find some free space, and then use the number it gives you in unlzgba in the "image offset" field when importing the new pokemon's image.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
Few Questions

1) I want to start FR but only let the trainer choose only one pokemon at the lab how do I do this?

3) How do I designate my rivals pokemon
1) ok get a-starter and make two of the pokemon "No Pokemon" Then use A-text To Make Prof. oak say the pokeballs empty

3) one program: A-Starter

kamikaze watermelon

< He will OWN you!!!!!!!!1%one
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2007
scarily noobish question

how do you add new tilesets if it is even possible?(i searched and found nothing)i ask 'cos i wanna add new tiles to my hack. thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
I'm trying to use pokescript but I'm having a very hard time getting it to work. I followed the tutorial very throughly but can't get it to work. For starters I tried to use the compile button but it never showed up when I right clicked my rbc file. I then tried using method 2 but when I'm in the other program and when I click on the book icon and open my rom the program freezes......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
For the repointing in A-Text, that's strange, it always repoint it for me. Maybe u have no more space empty/you're writing too much (that's unlikely, just an idea).
For Ultima Super, there's a whole tutorial about pokescript that fully explains smtg linear as u ask for. Check it, try a script and then ask if it's correct.
For me:
1-I've looked a lot, but can't find an easy way to do what i want to, which is, ehr, translating? I'm italian and i'm doing a funny text hack (with a bit of scripting too, i'm learning) but to use all the toolz, i've had to use the english rom. Any way to quickly find ALL the offsets for text? A full (or near-full) A-text or Poketext .ini for Pokemon Ruby is available? Or some procedure to easily find text in hex editors (some code at the beginning? who know?) to distinguish from the scripts itself?
For now, i'm playing the game looking for all the messages, but that's terrible (and i'll sure missing stg)
2-In the simple questions, sbd asks 4 creating new pokemon where the missingno. are (near 252-260). "U can but u need repointing". WHAT? XD what exactly should i do (other than creating the sprites, modifying attacks and, if i want, evolution, with the tools)?
thx

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2007
I wanted to know what is the program that situates certain sprites to where I want them to be on the map and assign them different jobs of speech and actions.

King Mario

Hacker in training
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2010
I uses AdvanceMap and EliteMap and wonders how I edit scripts, what people says, locations of items and how I change the locations of Routes/Cities/Forests/Caves/Forests?
I wabt Rout 1 of Pallet Town and right of Viridian City
Help me PLEAZE!!! I can't contine if i don't change the location of the routes, cities etc. if I don't get an answer!!!

magnetflygon

Begginner Rom Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen May 3, 2009
Hey,when I enter text with a-Text that contain more letters then originially, a message says it cant find the text pointer.How can I add additional text?
I have this same question. Can anyone help?

If it is editing the text to make it longer, then that shouldn't be too hard, use a-text to find the text and keep the offset in notepad. Now you must make sure you have downloaded thingy32 (Can be found at WAH) and use the TABLAS.tbl as the table file, it will show all of the text. Another way is with Translhexation, which allows you to use Thingy32 Table files. What you do is with that open the TABLAS file and go to find using table, and type in the text, from there you will be able to find the text you are looking for. Using a hex editor will allow you to expand the text there.

EDIT: For those of you who may need it, I have located the offset for the Emerald Trainer Back Sprite for a program such as TLP or Tile Molester: D66580.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
Alright, I need some help with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to put a script in Fire Red, that adds in dialogue. Now, I've followed this tutorial to a tee, but every time that I play my game, I just get a blank text.

I thought it was a problem with how I was inserting the script, but I've tried other scripts, and those work just fine.

Here is an example of an attempted dialogue script:

#ORG $TestDialogue
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Testing
$Testing 1 = This is a test.
boxset 6
release
end

I compiled this, put the offset into advance map, and loaded the ROM. But when I talk to the person, I get some unrecognizable characters. (This is interesting, as my usual attempts result in blank text boxes)

I feel like I must be doing something really obvious wrong, but I don't know what.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
the script seems right, at least for ruby. dunno if FireRed use the same commands (think yes BTW)
*still waiting 4 an answer to my question*

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Cyclone has been giving me problems whenever I've tried opening it.

This error pops up:

cycloneerror.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
Hello, I'm creating a pokemon ruby hack, and i am having serious trouble editing the key events, i was wondering if there was a program that helps you create new ones, e.g, when you help wally catch the ralts, or when you have to go find steven in that cave...if anybody knows anything then please let me know :)

Years
Alright, I need some help with a problem I'm having. I'm trying to put a script in Fire Red, that adds in dialogue. Now, I've followed this tutorial to a tee, but every time that I play my game, I just get a blank text.

I thought it was a problem with how I was inserting the script, but I've tried other scripts, and those work just fine.

Here is an example of an attempted dialogue script:

#ORG $TestDialogue
Lock
Faceplayer
message $Testing
$Testing 1 = This is a test.
boxset 6
release
end

I compiled this, put the offset into advance map, and loaded the ROM. But when I talk to the person, I get some unrecognizable characters. (This is interesting, as my usual attempts result in blank text boxes)

I feel like I must be doing something really obvious wrong, but I don't know what.

Are you using Pokescript or ScriptEd? Cause, ScriptEd does not folow the format you are using, but if you are using Pokescript then i guess the script is ok? Cause i dont use Pokescript, i use ScriptEd.
This is what a script would look like on Script Ed:

#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
message 0x800100
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800100
= Testing, 1,2,3.

Status
Not open for further replies.