• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
^If I am not mistaken, just put the giveitem instruction after the wildbattle one, if you lose the battle the script ends if you win or catch the wild pokémon the script continues to giveitem ... try this. ^^
Did you try SMCA? (Start Map Choose Advance)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Tnx Dude karetekid552! Oh! How a about the loot script?

Where you battle a pokemon like e.g. Ho-oh and get an item like potion but he gives it to you after beating him. A sample script?

BTW I tested the truck remover but it only removed the animation and now I can't get out of the truck. I was searching for a tool that will make you start in your room. Advanced IntroEd messes up my tiles.

You will need to use SMCA in conjunction with Truck Remover, as Truck Remover only removes the ASM routine associate with the truck, but doesn't change your start map.

Also, Kurapika is correct. Directly after the wild battle and its waitstate, you can place the giveitem.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Yeah, I just remembered that I had to pm him for an updated link, I'm searching through my old pms, which I thankfully saved, for it. Give me a sec.

Yes, I believe there is a thread around here somewhere.... Most likely in R&D.

Have you found it yet? ty

Have you patched the rom? I included a .aps (A-ptch by HackMew), .ups (similar to .ips), and a .ips. They all work, I personally tested them on a Ruby (AXVE) rom. Are you actually opening up lunar ips and patching a clean rom? Or just putting the patch on your psp?

When i patch it, it does works and everything in the computer emulator, but when i install it in the psp emulator the screen always goes pitch black/white; And i dont know why.
Get me now?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Have you found it yet? ty

When i patch it, it does works and everything in the computer emulator, but when i install it in the psp emulator the screen always goes pitch black/white; And i dont know why.
Get me now?

I haven't looked, sorry. And I have no clue on the emulator. Try a different one and make sure you have the bios file if necessary.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
I haven't looked, sorry. And I have no clue on the emulator. Try a different one and make sure you have the bios file if necessary.

1st) It's ok, you dont have to look for it.
2nd) I do have the Bios, because the emulator wouldnt run if i dont have it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
Hey guys! Just signed up and I have a question about title screen hacking. I have imported the title screen into unlicesend GBA tool I'm using and then used FSF to make "it fit". But, everytime I click "goto" again it refreshes the 2013 file and reverts it back to the original tileset. What do I do?

karatekid552

Years
Hey guys! Just signed up and I have a question about title screen hacking. I have imported the title screen into unlicesend GBA tool I'm using and then used FSF to make "it fit". But, everytime I click "goto" again it refreshes the 2013 file and reverts it back to the original tileset. What do I do?

If you notice, number 2013 did not change its offset. That is becuase the original still exists, and you put your new one later in the rom, and now it exists at its own number. If you opted to change the pointer, it should ignore the old one and go straight to your new one.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
You will need to use SMCA in conjunction with Truck Remover, as Truck Remover only removes the ASM routine associate with the truck, but doesn't change your start map.

Also, Kurapika is correct. Directly after the wild battle and its waitstate, you can place the giveitem.

Well, what if for example in route 1 I battle a wild Pidgey, and after defeating it I have a chance to get or not to get an oran berry? Is it the same? Can you post a sample because diegoisawesome's and tajaros' scripting tutorial doesn't work on me, I'm using XSE 1.11 I always get errors on certain lines.

Oh and also what about a random weather? For example I get out of a building it's sunny I go back in and go out again and it will rain but if I go to another place or route, the rain still goes on until I get inside another building again. Is that possible?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, what if for example in route 1 I battle a wild Pidgey, and after defeating it I have a chance to get or not to get an oran berry? Is it the same? Can you post a sample because diegoisawesome's and tajaros' scripting tutorial doesn't work on me, I'm using XSE 1.11 I always get errors on certain lines.

Oh and also what about a random weather? For example I get out of a building it's sunny I go back in and go out again and it will rain but if I go to another place or route, the rain still goes on until I get inside another building again. Is that possible?

Both your questions may be achieved through the use of the random code.
Taken from diegoisawesome's tutorial...
With this command, the ROM will choose a random number within the range of 0x0 to the value you set with the argument, and then assign it to 0x800D.

Here is an example...
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @pidgey 0x6
wildbattle 0x10 0x05 0
[COLOR="Red"]random[/COLOR] 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @getberry
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @noberry
end

#org @getberry
giveitem 139 1
setflag 0x(flag)
hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
release
end

#org @noberry
setflag 0x(flag)
hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
release
end

Remember the golden rule of hacking...
Save a back-up before doing something you're not sure of.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023

Both your questions may be achieved through the use of the random code.
Taken from diegoisawesome's tutorial...

Here is an example...
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @pidgey 0x6
wildbattle 0x10 0x05 0
[COLOR="Red"]random[/COLOR] 0x2
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @getberry
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @noberry
end

#org @getberry
giveitem 139 1
setflag 0x(flag)
hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
release
end

#org @noberry
setflag 0x(flag)
hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
release
end

Remember the golden rule of hacking...
Save a back-up before doing something you're not sure of.

Thanks dude. So I just hit compile and I'm good to go? Or do I need to make a new event for this?

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
If you notice, number 2013 did not change its offset. That is becuase the original still exists, and you put your new one later in the rom, and now it exists at its own number. If you opted to change the pointer, it should ignore the old one and go straight to your new one.

I checked the fix pointers box and still replaces it with the old? Should I get a new unlz-GBA?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I checked the fix pointers box and still replaces it with the old? Should I get a new unlz-GBA?

Have you tried to play your game? Because in unlz, when you put a new image in a new offset, checked the automatically fix pointers box and successfully saved it, it will exist in a new number in unlz format. Reply if you tried it but still nothing.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Hello.

Would anyone be able to help me with editing the default names in the intro for Professor Oak? I want to change both the random name the player is assigned if he clicks "OK" without entering a name in the box and the default names that are provided for the rival.

I would also like to find the location of the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN scripts so that I could change them.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hello.

Would anyone be able to help me with editing the default names in the intro for Professor Oak? I want to change both the random name the player is assigned if he clicks "OK" without entering a name in the box and the default names that are provided for the rival.

I would also like to find the location of the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN scripts so that I could change them.

Just use the search function of Advance Text. Google it. For example, if you search TERRY in advance text which is one of the default names of the rivals just write it to ini and edit them.

But about the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN, I'm really not sure since those are parts of scripts.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Just use the search function of Advance Text. Google it. For example, if you search TERRY in advance text which is one of the default names of the rivals just write it to ini and edit them.

But about the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN, I'm really not sure since those are parts of scripts.
Thank you very much, that works for the rival names, I'll test if the same will work for the hero's names. Thanks again!

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2021
hello!
Well, I would like to know how to change the design of the trainer card in pokemon fire red.
I know the offset of the card and his pals, but not as ordering raw. Because the raw serves to the front and back of the card.
Well, I hope and I can help, thanks

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2016
Thanks dude. So I just hit compile and I'm good to go? Or do I need to make a new event for this?
Well if you still have the original script uncompiled with dynamic offsets you can add in the random part no problem.

As for the weather part, I assume you would use level scripts with the setweather/doweather commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back