• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
T'is done. Over. At long last.
I wanted to use this game for something else, so instead of giving up, I bumrushed through the remainder of the challenge. I don't really remember details, so forgive the bare-bones update.

Spoiler:

The Final Team:

minccino.gif

Swiffer
Lv.50 | Quiet | Cute Charm
Calm Mind
Hyper Voice
Dazzling Gleam
Wake-Up Slap
I've never used Minccino or its evo's. She was very good early game, but couldn't keep up later on, especially against the bulky beasts on Stevens team. Despite that, she was cute, and I enjoyed having her. I may just give Cinccino a shot now.

zorua.gif

Gabriel
Lv.53 | Serious | Illusion
Foul Play
Incinerate
Feint Attack
Aerial Ace
Ah, Zorua. I thought he would be much like Minccino, weak in late game, but he was astoundingly... viable. He lived hard hits and hit back quite hard, especially with Foul Play, remaining a staple on the team even in the E4. Definitely my favourite team member.

pineco.gif

A-SPLODE
Lv.51 | Impish | Sturdy
Bug Bite
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Um... Pineco was... bulky. Never used one before. He could eat hits pretty well, but really only contributed with those entry hazards. And then exploding. Though, credit where it's due, he did work against Sydneys dark-types with bug bite. But I wouldn't use a Forretress or Pineco again.

slowking.gif

Harmony
Lv.52 | Adamant | Own Tempo
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Surf
Flamethrower
I don't remember ever using Slowking before, but Harmony put in work. She ate hits and hit back hard. Not the most exciting pokemon I've used, but she did her job and did it well. I may end up using Slowking again.

lairon.gif

Bulette
Lv.53 | Brave | Sturdy
Superpower
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Iron Head
I've used Aggron before, and Lairon was a smaller, weaker version. Shocker, right? But she pulled the team through many a time with her great defense and respectable attack, plus her move diversity made sure she had an answer for any opponent. Would use again. And you know, Lairon is a pretty cool pokemon. Yeah, Bulettes pretty darn cool.

127-mega.gif

Buggernaught
Lv.53 | Naughty | Hyper Cutter/ Aerilate
X-Scissor
Storm Throw
Strength
Swords Dance
Ah, Buggernaught. This guy gets the medal for MVP on the team, from early on to the Champion, he was a brute. Through sheer power, he plowed through many a dangerous threat to his team. I've never used Pinsir, I assumed he was sub-par, but this playthrough really shed some light on him. I'd use him again, Mega Pinsir is great.

This run fell a little flat for me towards the middle, but I enjoyed it quite a bit at the start and finish. NFE's really add some challenge, hehe.

Years
Hey, been absent from the forums and kinda wanna restart my challenge runs, thought this one would be the place to start

Forum Username: Kimbo's Unova
Game Version: Red
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: (Yes
Restrictions: A flyer and surfer included in the randoms please, and no Blue exclusives as I have no way of obtaining them. Thanks

Years
You get Gyarados, Fearow, Wigglytuff, Jolteon, Dugtrio & Exeggutor

Username: Ahri
Game: Red
No. of Pokemon: 6
Restrictions: My team members have to learn all the HMs among them. No Blue exclusives. Everything should be obtainable pre-victory road.

Take Persian, Pidgeot (Fly), Beedrill (Cut), Marowak (Strength), Magneton (Flash), Slowbro (Surf).

PART ONE- RANDOM RED TEAM
-Started game, named character Matt, Named Rival Gary.
-Chose Bulbasaur
-Did early game shenanigans
-Caught NIGHTWING the Spearow.
-Did Viridian Forest, the rival battle back off Viridian, caught some pokemon for pokedex numbers.
-Took on Pewter City gym with lots of potions.
-Won Brock using those potions, Nightwings Peck, and avoiding damaging on Bide turns.

CURRENT TEAM
spearow-color.png
NIGHTWING the Spearow
Level 14
Peck/Growl/Leer​

Years
POKEMON RED RANDOM CHALLENGE: Part 2
-Made my way to the right, on my way to Mt Moon
-Caught MANHUNTER the Jigglypuff.
-Brought AQUAMAN from the pre Moon center
-Went through Mt Moon, grinding the newbies.
-Whilst training, NIGHTWING evolved.
-Escaped Mt Moon.
-Rival Battle with Gary. Defeated him using NIGHTWING's Peck, and MANHUNTER's Mega Punch
-MOAR Grinding on Nugget Bridge and Cerulean Cape.
-Did the Bill stuff
-Cerulean Gym !
-Defeated Misty using MANHUNTER for Stayu, and NIGHTWING for Starmie.

TEAM
NIGHTWING the Fearow
Level 23
Peck/Fury Attack/Leer/Growl

MANHUNTER the Jigglypuff
Level 17
Mega Punch/Water Gun/Thunder Wave/Sing

AQUAMAN The Magikarp
Level 16
Tackle/Splash​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Take Persian, Pidgeot (Fly), Beedrill (Cut), Marowak (Strength), Magneton (Flash), Slowbro (Surf).

Sorry to bother you about ths again but it seems that Meowth can only be obtained via trade in pokemon Red so I can't use Persian :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 15, 2021
Forum Username: MurkyCrow
Game Version: Pokemon Platinum
National Dex: No
Restrictions: No Pokemon that I'd have to hack in or trade for, because I can do neither of those

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Forum Username: MurkyCrow
Game Version: Pokemon Platinum
Restrictions: No Pokemon that I'd have to hack in or trade for, because I can do neither of those

Take:
toxicroak.png
hippowdon.png
azumarill.png
bibarel.png
kricketune.png
altaria.png

And well, I'm resubmitting my sign up because there were some issues with my previously assigned pokemon and the person who gave me the team never returned :/

Additional Rules: NO Blue exclusives, my pokemon must learn all the HMs among them as I don't want HM slaves. At the very least, Cut, Surf, Strength and Rock Smash should be possible to have on my team.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 15, 2021
Team confirmed!

Additional Rules: NO Blue exclusives, my pokemon must learn all the HMs among them as I don't want HM slaves. At the very least, Cut, Surf, Strength and Rock Smash should be possible to have on my team.

And you get,
Starmie, Electrode, Fearow, Onix, Raticate, and Nidoking

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Team confirmed!

And you get,
Starmie, Electrode, Fearow, Onix, Raticate, and Nidoking

Confirming the team as well ^-^

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 10, 2017
Forum Username:kasparas11
Game Version: Ruby
NFEs: no
No more than two pokemon of the same type

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Heya! I'd like to sign up please.

Forum Username:Polymus1
Game Version: Platinum
Anything else goes. Thanks in advance team givers!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 15, 2021
Progress so far is under spoiler
Spoiler:

Forum Usernameolymus1
Game Version: Platinum
Anything else goes. Thanks in advance team givers!

Since you said anything goes I decided not to re-roll this, but i'll understand if you need it rerolled because you got Regigigas
and Vespiquen, Honchcrow, Pelipper, Machamp, and Gardevoir

Last edited:
Years
Sorry for the huge delay... work and other games are eating up my spare time :(.

POKEMON RED RANDOM CHALLENGE: Part 3
  • Left Cerulean City
  • Grind on the way to Vermillion
  • AQUAMAN evolved into Gyarados.
  • Arrived in Vermillion
  • Caught ATOM the Diglett in Diglett Cave.
  • Did SS Anne stuff.
  • Fought Gary using MANHUNTER'S Mega Punch, and ATOM's Dig.
  • Got Cut.
  • Grind on the route to the left of Vermillion City.
  • Went through Diglett Cave
  • Got Old Amber & Flash.
  • Came back.
  • Got Bike Voucher
  • Took on Gym.
  • Won Surge using ATOM's Dig.

TEAM
NIGHTWING The FEAROW
Level 24
Peck/Fury Attack/Leer/Growl

MANHUNTER The JIGGLYPUFF
Level 24
Mega Punch/Water Gun/Sing/Thunder Wave

AQUAMAN The GYARADOS
Level 24
Bubblebeam/Bite/Splash/Tackle

ATOM The DIGLETT
Level 25
Dig/Body Slam/Growl/Scratch​

pastelespeon

no. 1 espeon fan
Years
Hi! I haven't been here in a long time since I got really busy and I figured it might be better if I started a new challenge!

Forum Username: pastelespeon
Game Version: Emerald
Restrictions: Somewhat balanced team would be nice. Should have a surfer and a flyer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back