• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Letters to Johto!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
eAuK5.jpg

Letters to Johto!

Are you new here? If so, welcome! I assume you want to ask someone a question? Or give them a message in general? You can deliver letters to the Johto region!

All you have to do is ask a question to a character from the pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold and SoulSilver games, and they will respond!

Your task

The purpose of this event is to write anything to any character you really like from the games listed above and post it here.

Example:

Dear Sabrina,

If you had a choice of a date between Brock and Lt. Surge, who would you pick, and why? :]

It can be any character at all as long as it's from those games!

Send in your letters!

Once you've posted your letter, you'll get a response back from the person you wrote to! We look forward to receiving your letters!

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
@Dragon might want to answer all the Letters to Kanto at some point. Seems kind of cold to leave them hanging and moving onto Johto.

Dear Clair,

Is there something special about wearing capes? I mean every Dragon Trainer I come across has one so is there something about capes that gives Dragons an advantage or does it merely add to the awe factor when making your entrance?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
@Dragon might want to answer all the Letters to Kanto at some point. Seems kind of cold to leave them hanging and moving onto Johto.?

I did except for just one that was recent (which I'll reply today)l; you should really check it yourself before calling people cold, because that's not really polite.

(I'll edit this for your reply soon)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I did except for just one that was recent (which I'll reply today)l; you should really check it yourself before calling people cold, because that's not really polite.

(I'll edit this for your reply soon)

Ahh didn't notice the replies on October 1st. It'd been awhile between posts that I thought you'd forgotten about them. So I stand corrected.

Years
Dear Dragon Clan Elder/ Master,

Is it possible to join your clan? I am a trainer of Pokemon from the dragon egg group. I visited Blackthorn City, and really enjoyed my stay there. I passed your test and raised the dratini you presented me with love to a fully-grown dragonite. I battled Clair and Lance, and love being in the dragon's den. Is there a way that my Pokemon and I can go to the next level under your guidance? My Pokemon and I dream of being like your grandson Lance and his Dragonites.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Dear Elm,

How do you not know where Eggs come from? You have a child.

------------

Dear Morty,

How did you get the floor in your Gym to work like that?

------------

Dear Bugsy,

Are you a boy, or a girl? :V

------------

Dear Eusine,

How did it really feel? To spend your life chasing Suicune across Johto and Kanto, being the expert on it and its history with Burnt Tower, only to have a kid - whose only relation to it is "I fell down a hole in front of its face last week" - jump in and catch it in front of you? You said you were happy to witness the moment, but let's be real.

think I have a short fic idea now

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Is there something special about wearing capes? I mean every Dragon Trainer I come across has one so is there something about capes that gives Dragons an advantage or does it merely add to the awe factor when making your entrance?

Dear CodeHelmet,

S2_Leader_Clair.png

"I suppose it was the influence of Lance, my cousin. When he became the Champion, I was soon recruited to be a Gym Leader, so I chose my caped attire based on his design, but with my own colour scheme. I think some of the Dragon-type trainers had a similar idea. Though I wonder why Lance chose to wear a cape in the first place... and why does he have so many...?"

S2_Champion_Lance_alt.png

"It makes me look cool. What more can I say?"

~ Clair, The Blessed User of Dragon Pokémon and fellow Cape fan

Dear Dragon Clan Elder/ Master,

Is it possible to join your clan? I am a trainer of Pokemon from the dragon egg group. I visited Blackthorn City, and really enjoyed my stay there. I passed your test and raised the dratini you presented me with love to a fully-grown dragonite. I battled Clair and Lance, and love being in the dragon's den. Is there a way that my Pokemon and I can go to the next level under your guidance? My Pokemon and I dream of being like your grandson Lance and his Dragonites.

Dear VisionofMilotic,

Dragon_Clan_Elder_OD.png

"I suppose it is possible. However I must say this: you are a pure of heart trainer with greater ambitions greater than us. We dare not stand in your way of greatness, young miss. I do not think you really need my guidance, for you have surpassed us in many ways in kindness and strength.

You are welcome to visit us anytime you like however, as you are always an eternal member of our clan at heart.

~ Sincerely yours, Master of the Dragon Tamer clan

Dear Elm,

How do you not know where Eggs come from? You have a child.

Dear bobandbill,

Elm_OD.png

"B-But you see! Pokemon born from Eggs and Human Children are fundamentally different!

...Right...?"

~ Professor Elm, still studying

Dear Morty,

How did you get the floor in your Gym to work like that?

To bobandbill,

S2_Leader_Morty.png

"Fufufu... only with the secrets of the power of the mystic seers! Only the select few chosen ones are privy to that information--"

S2_Gym_Leader_Whitney_alt.png

"Huge Dark pit. Forgot to pay his renovations. Built Planks, used magic to cover it all up. Right?"

S2_Leader_Morty.png

"THAT does NOT sound like keeping a secret!"

~ Morty, The Mystic Seer of the Future, But did not foresee how high that renovation bill is

Dear Bugsy,

Are you a boy, or a girl? :V

Dear bobandbill,

S2_Gym_Leader_Bugsy_alt.png

"A boy, of course!"

S2_Leader_Bugsy.png

"Hm, but you know, Falkner asked me that same question when I first started as a Gym Leader, and when I met Whitney, she asked me if I wanted to try on some dresses with her... I wonder why everyone got confused?"

~ Bugsy, The Confused, Walking Bug Pokémon Encyclopedia

Dear Eusine,

How did it really feel? To spend your life chasing Suicune across Johto and Kanto, being the expert on it and its history with Burnt Tower, only to have a kid - whose only relation to it is "I fell down a hole in front of its face last week" - jump in and catch it in front of you? You said you were happy to witness the moment, but let's be real.

think I have a short fic idea now

To my new friend, bobandbill,

Spr_C_Eusine.png

"Ahen, well, to be real... I suppose I had the emotion of what one would call "jealously"... the Pokemon I had hunted down for ten years to be chosen by a mere random child? With that ridiculously plain outfit, no less? I mean look at me, my outfit could only dignify myself as the chosen to enter the domain of the gods, do I not?

Alas, it is only fate that it happened. I was not chosen, however, my duty was fulfilled nonetheless, thanks to that child.

...I wonder if they would be willing to trade?"

~ Eusine, Dream not dead except it kinda is

Dear Whitney,

WHY????

Dear Zemanahrad,

S2_Leader_Whitney.png

"Huh? Why, what?"

S2_Gym_Leader_Falkner_alt2.png

"Why did you decorate my precious Bird Pokémon with bright pink bows and lace?!"

S2_Gym_Leader_Bugsy_alt2.png

"...Why did you send me another green dress?"

S2_Leader_Morty.png

"Why have you told the Kimono Sisters I had a crush on not just one, but all of them?!"

S2_Leader_Chuck.png

"Hey, why'd ya' send me a box of Pokemon Plush dolls? They're too soft for working out, y'know."

S2_Gym_Leader_Jasmine_alt.png

"...Um... Whitney? Why... does Steelix have the scent of roses...? She hates that..."

S2_Leader_Pryce.png

"Mind explaining to me why Poliswine has a pink heart painted on it?"

S2_Leader_Clair.png

"Why must you be the primary source of all my headaches..."

"WHY, WHITNEY????"

"Hehehe... oopsie!"

~ Whitney, Cute Girl
why is everything her fault

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Dear Mr. Pokémon,

How come you live in a hut in the forest?

---

Dear Kris,

How do you feel about Lyra?

---

Dear Falkner,

What do you do when trainers bring electric types into your gym?

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Lol I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! xD ~<333333

This one would be to the Rival, the "evil" boy lurking around outside the lab in the beginning.
FYI- I always name this kinda character in the game "ASHOLE" or "ASHOLE!"

Dear ASHOLE!,

You jerk! I've been walking through walls for almost 15 years now, trying to find you after not returning any of my letters!

I want to evil, just like you!.. I would think you'd be flattered!
- I even took that guard's Spearow for keeps and never delivered the letter!
- Spent years stealing other trainer's Pokemon, just to prove I'm worthy!
... Maybe you don't like the fact that I stole your Chicorita many years ago. But that was to prove how evil I am!

So... where do I sign to join? I want in.

P.S.- I don't EVER expect a response. :P

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Dear Morty, why don't you use Misdreavus on your team? Don't you want a little variety?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Dear Mr. Pokémon,

How come you live in a hut in the forest?

Dear adventure,

Gentleman_HGSS_OD.png

Why, to be closer with the Pokemon living around the area, of course! After all, there is no better research than experiencing it firsthand. It can be a hut, or a 30 story mansion... but my love and passion for my research won't compromise!

That and it's quite expensive around the Cherrygrove area, ohoho.

~ Mr. Pokémon aka. who knows who he actually is

Dear Kris,

How do you feel about Lyra?

Dear adventure,

S2_Kris.png

"Lyra... oh! You mean the granddaughter of the Day Care Couple! She's a nice girl; I speak with her about contests and cute Pokémon sometimes! She told me that one day, she wants to go on a Pokémon adventure too.

We're more alike than I think..."

~ Kris

Dear Falkner,

What do you do when trainers bring electric types into your gym?

S2_Leader_Falkner.png

"Hah! Do you think I would stand to be intimidated? Don't underestimate me, woman! My Mud-Slap technique will be sure to be problematic for them! And even if they could survive the onslaught, my precious Bird-Pokemon won't be defeated so easily!:

S2_Gym_Leader_Falkner_alt.png

"If you don't believe me, why don't you come challenge my Gym? I'll show you the real power of the magnificent bird Pokémon!"

~ Falkner, The Elegant Master of Flying Pokémon

Dear Red,

Why are you so silent all the time?

S2_Pok%C3%A9mon_Trainer_Red.png

... ...
... ...
...!!

~ Red
He only writes ellipses while writing letters too so Blue wrote this. smell ya later

Lol I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! xD ~<333333

This one would be to the Rival, the "evil" boy lurking around outside the lab in the beginning.
FYI- I always name this kinda character in the game "ASHOLE" or "ASHOLE!"

Dear ASHOLE!,

You jerk! I've been walking through walls for almost 15 years now, trying to find you after not returning any of my letters!

I want to evil, just like you!.. I would think you'd be flattered!
- I even took that guard's Spearow for keeps and never delivered the letter!
- Spent years stealing other trainer's Pokemon, just to prove I'm worthy!
... Maybe you don't like the fact that I stole your Chicorita many years ago. But that was to prove how evil I am!

So... where do I sign to join? I want in.

P.S.- I don't EVER expect a response. :P

Amy May,

S2_Silver.png

"..."

S2_Silver_alt2.png

"Hey, who's this ASHOLE guy? Why does he has such crazy fans? Geez, he sounds like a total idiot--"

"(snickers)"

S2_Silver_alt2.png

"...What's with you?"

~ Silver
Oh boy he's going to be maaad when he finds out the truth

Dear ethan, how are you since you become a champion, what you will do since you became a champion?

Dear Gabriel,

Ethan_opening.png

Aw man, it was awesome! It was like, being super among all the superheroes! I think I'm going to travel some more though. Just 'cause I'm Champion doesn't mean I can't slack off on my training too! There's gonna be more battles to be a part of, and more Pokemon to meet out there! It's going to be really cool; I hope to see you there!

~ Ethan

Dear Morty, why don't you use Misdreavus on your team? Don't you want a little variety?

Dear Castform,

S2_Leader_Morty.png

"I do have one actually, it became a Mismagius. However, he's not quite as suited to battles; his power magnifies my power of clairvoyance, which is just as important."

Like my other ghost Pokemon though, it does have a bad habit of playing tricks on people... for example, one time it created an illusion of Suicune in front of my friend Eusine, where it said to prove himself worthy, he had to shout out, it's morphing time!

I wonder what was that about...?"

~ Morty

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Dear Sentret,

If I'm walking around route 29 with a team full of legendaries, why would you still appear and challenge me for a battle?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Dear Silver,

How has your relationship with dad been since he had moved to Alola?

TheGhostHunter,

S2_Silver.png

"Wait, the old man's in Alola? Since when?"

S2_Silver_alt2.png

"Bah, why do I care? The old man is only the ruler of a band of weaklings. There, does that answer your question? I'm outta here."

~ Silver
when someone pushes the 'dad' button

Dear Sentret,

If I'm walking around route 29 with a team full of legendaries, why would you still appear and challenge me for a battle?

S2_Leader_Clair.png

"You did this."

S2_Gym_Leader_Whitney_alt2.png

"Blaming me again, I see... Y'know, just because I keep a box full of cute sentret and releasing them near New Bark Town to play jokes on the trainers that come by here doesn't mean---"

S2_Leader_Whitney.png

"...Oops!"

S2_Leader_Clair.png

"I knew it."

"Teehee! Sorry!"

#everythingisWhitney'sFault

Years
Dear Silver's Crobat,

I hope that you and the rest of the team are doing well. You are a fine Pokemon, and I have a Crobat myself!

I was writing to you to ask you what it has been like traveling with Silver? You are one of the Pokemon who has been with your trainer for the longest, since you were a little zubat, and I was curious about your experience. I witnessed Silver treat you guys harshly, saying you are weak. Which is not true! I hope none of you ever believed that about yourself.

Silver lately seems have matured and has been nicer to people and Pokemon, and I wanted to ask you if that really holds up. You evolved into Crobat, so I imagine that you are happy, but I just wanted to hear in your own words what you life has been.

-VisionofMilotic

P.S This letter is attached to a package containing a friend ball from Kurt, a coupon for the Goldenrod City Haircut Brothers, a soothe bell and a box of rare candies to share with the other Pokemon. I hope you enjoy.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Ok I'll bite. Now...

Dear gym leaders,

Have you guys visited the gen 1 region (forgot name) before? Thoughts on it? Coolest mon there? Ugliest mon there? Any people there you guys are friend sor enemies with?

Thanks in advance. From,
PageEmp.

Back