• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology

Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?

• No - I mute VBA's volume anyway

Votes: 664 55.6%
  • No - I can deal with it for now

Votes: 263 22.0%
  • Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/

Votes: 213 17.8%

• Total voters

McZ

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
about how long do you think until its completely finished im a big fan of the game ^_^

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
What do you know... I actually did try this another day as I ran into the current (?) version being playable in Vizzed. It wasn't magnificent or anything but still pretty darn good, compared to most hacks you see around here.

I like how the scripts are totally new, I don't remember seeing any sort of reference to original Emerald in the hack. The hack wasn't (at least in the beginning, I quit after first gym) too difficult although it felt like it in the beginning, Dunsparce kicks butt!

What I think your hacking is lacking though is addictiviness. The hack may turn out more exciting as you go on but there was nothing in particular that would have wanted me to continue at that point in the game; I felt like I was going to fight some more trainers, probably run into an event with rival or similar until I have to go to face the next gym leader. So I just felt like, yeah, I'll just go doing something else instead.

Anyway, it was good. I'd recommend this to everyone wanting to see a new "pokemon experience" (although those don't have anything to do with pokemon dying though).

Actually, I would have probably continued if I could have speeded up the emulation to 500% or so. Pokemon itself is so "seen" already that without turbo mode, no normal hack (or even official game) can really interest that much anymore.

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Since this is finally here, I may upload some stuff later.

Now give me comments so that I may ignore them and feel superior.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Title screen 10/10 2dark4me

Anyways, I'll be waiting for the final version before I play it so I won't be left hanging.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
edit: add .ups to the 1.1 version as it is thinking (.1) is the extention
when it should look like (v1.1.ups)
and not like (v1.1)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Probably should be obvious, but how do you progress through Lazy Town and the wooper fellas? Thank you

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
You have to beat the gym leader there and then have to head back to your home town. After the events there go back towards it and follow the path from west in Lazy Town to progress

Thanks for answering, but you can't fight the Gym until the Wooper guys are gone so... yeah.

Probably should be obvious, but how do you progress through Lazy Town and the wooper fellas? Thank you

You have to get a starter (besides Dunsparce) in your home town. Then, follow through on Dabuz's request. After doing that, head back to your home town and tell him what happened. Then you can continue.

Woop woop, aw yea.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
With how you have beta 1.1 named, it's registering as a .1 file instead of a .ups file.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2017
just rename it and add ".ups"

i don't care about little glitches or sth. but when i exit mt. corona, the "Chapter 2" screen gets frozen everytime. Menu and select buttons are working, i think character is walking too, when i move it with arrow buttons.. but the screen is all "Chapter 2". How can i fix it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
Like when i downloaded the rom and I try to play these games my emulator says there is no image or something stupid like that.

Back