• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
I found a BUG!
Pokemon-Dark-Violet-0.png

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 2, 2023
Hello! I am playing 2018FV and sometimes my game crashes after leveling up Snorlax. Don't know with other mons, at the time i got only my Charizard and a Snorlax for my team and the issue happens only with Snorlax.

any suggestion?

Years
Congratulations! Chaos Rush. I'm so happy to see one of my favorite hacks have won.

Thank you for reporting the glitches. Now I have fixed most glitches you mentioned except for the following ones:
Spoiler:

To fix these, I'll have to rewrite the whole script(or completely change the maps/tiles), that may cause some new glitches(Even the chance is slim), I don't think it's worth it, so I decided to leave them alone.

As for the Flash Cannon glitch, it only happens when you play the game with Mgba and real consoles. I know, it's pretty annoying, I mean, why a rom hack can't be played on real consoles? It makes no sense. So, I have made a small patch to get rid of the broken Flash Cannon animation, I'm sure many people will need it.

Here's the main patch of the freshly fixed version of Pokemon Dark Violet:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7sv1bdyoq4b98b2/PokemonDarkVioletFinal2018V1Fixed.zip/file

Here's the patch for the Flash Cannon animation, it's for people who want to play this game on real consoles(Do make sure to patch it on a patched rom of Pokemon Dark Violet):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a1ejzoi4mix21pz/PokemonDarkVioletFinalMoveFix.ips/file

I hope what I'm doing now can make more people know how good this hack is.

The emulator, mGBA, is recommended.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Years
Did you get permission to do this from Chaos Rush? What else does this "massive update" contain? All i can see are mild graphic alterations.
Yes. I got permission. This massive update contains:
  • New quotes
  • Full decapitalization
  • BWB2W2 Styled Graphics (PC withdraw item, Naming Screen, PC Boxes, Bag System, Party Screen, Summary Screen, Hall of Fame Screen, PSA, Pokédex, Options Screen)
  • Preventing poisoned Pokémon
  • Exp Gain after catching Pokémon

Years
  • New quotes
  • Full decapitalization
  • BWB2W2 Styled Graphics (PC withdraw item, Naming Screen, PC Boxes, Bag System, Party Screen, Summary Screen, Hall of Fame Screen, PSA, Pokédex, Options Screen)

Can you show proof about your so called permission? Because your problematic ass said that you got permission from Skeli in decapitalizing Unbound but then Skeli cleared that you didn't ask for permission. I'm honestly won't be surprised if you're lying again.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
Years
  • New quotes
  • Full decapitalization

Nice. 👍

Capitalization is a disease and Verloren is the cure!

I like people like you. Achieving what you desire now matter the consequences!

Last edited:

Ven9496

the strongest lesbian pokemon trainer in the world
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 7, 2023
is the game fully finished?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Hey, sorry to bump this but I can't find the Good Rod where is it ? Am I stoopid ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Did you get permission to do this from Chaos Rush? What else does this "massive update" contain? All i can see are mild graphic alterations.
No, I never gave permission.

If they had asked I probably would have said yes. But I don't blame them too much because I don't check here often, and perhaps it was difficult to get in contact with me. They left a comment on my profile saying, "Give me the permission, Chaos Rush." with no further context that I didn't know about until a few minutes ago lol

To clarify, I don't mind if people want to take my hack and make a better version of it; I mean that's literally how this hack got completed. But I do mind if people say that I said something that I never did. If anyone wants to contact me for whatever reason, I prefer either Twitter (see my signature) or Discord (J.Matz#3489)

Years
I'm sorry if I'm necro bumping or anything and I don't know if this is allowed? but where would I find Leftovers?? I really really would like to find one for my Blissey but I have no idea where and can't find information anywhere.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 6, 2022
This game needs one thing changed, you can get softlocked at the very beginning if your starter has a lower speed and rivals have a higher speed. AI uses exclusively damage moves and you cannot win and just fight over and over and over. This fight should allow you to lose without having to redo the fight since you can't even grind yet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 16, 2022
Hello Chaos Rush,

First of all, amazing job with this hack I really like it.
Now, just one question, is it posible for you or any good programmer to put your hack into a CFRU engine?? Because like this, this game would escalete to a very different leven in terms of gameplay and fun.

Thanks in advance.

LyraKitkat

Hacked Trainer
Years
you weren't kidding when you said you used to be edgy and immature, but its kinda cute and endearing. I'm super excited to play this now, gonna binge it over the next few days

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 7, 2023
Dark Violet ROM question

Dark Violet Question!

I'm at the Rocket Game Corner in Celadon City right now. When I get to the second floor where the key card is, there is a room right next to it. When I try and enter it says something along the lines of "it is EXTREMELY SMELLY" when I try to enter and then it won't let me walk through. I have tried every clever thing I can think of to get in there but I have absolutely no idea what I can do to get in there. Does anyone know the secret? Thanks!!!!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Does anyone know the official TM locations? The one I'm most interested to know is where the TM for Shadow ball is.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
Is there a way to add things from Complete FireRed Upgrade (CFRU) like autorun and no need for HM's? Following pokemon would be cool too.

Are there any plans to add this to Dark Violet in the future?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Dark Violet Question!

I'm at the Rocket Game Corner in Celadon City right now. When I get to the second floor where the key card is, there is a room right next to it. When I try and enter it says something along the lines of "it is EXTREMELY SMELLY" when I try to enter and then it won't let me walk through. I have tried every clever thing I can think of to get in there but I have absolutely no idea what I can do to get in there. Does anyone know the secret? Thanks!!!!

You can't get in. Ever. There's nothing to do in there, apparently. Maybe the original creator was going to add something, but hacksrepairman didn't do anything with it.

Back