• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's in a name?

string555

Banned
Years
So I've seen all kinds of usernames on here, lots of interesting ones too. In some cases, the meaning behind the username is obvious. There are, however, many that remain a mystery.

So if you choose to share it, why did you choose your username, and what's the meaning behind it?

And to avoid the inevitable 'u first' posts, I'll just leave this as my explanation:
Spoiler:

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
Really this one is just something random that I came up with, I originally made the account just to download rom hacks so I didn't think too much about the username lol

My old account (the one I forgot existed) was just the name of my 2nd favorite song (Karma Police) and something I kinda use a lot as a username because I'm not creative lol

TY

TY, short for TYranitaR... based off of the Pokemon Tyranitar

before that it was ShadowE, short for ShadowExcadrill... because I was a edgy kid who liked Excadrill

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Really this one is just something random that I came up with, I originally made the account just to download rom hacks so I didn't think too much about the username lol

My old account (the one I forgot existed) was just the name of my 2nd favorite song (Karma Police) and something I kinda use a lot as a username because I'm not creative lol
what

what.

no way you are karma police

no srs what

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I saw an enemy in Super Mario RPG named "zeostar" and stored that in my head as a username down the line.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door is one of my favorite video games and there is a group called XNaut in this game who are funny.

User19sq

I took my username from an anime character with the same username.

Honestly, I don't think people should be allowed to name themselves most of the time, because they usually try to pass themselves off as cooler or better than they actually are. No way I can be a Taro in real life. -w-

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
It's just my real name shortened and the 98 is my birth year.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Nickname version of Caitlin. Someone already had Caitlin on Bulba so I went with Caite and then added the Chan at the end.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Alright, so this came about back in 2015.

Before I came over and established myself here, I used to frequent an IRC channel for some Mario fangame called Super Mario Bros. X, which some of you may know, which in turn was affiliated with this game's forums. At the time I used to go under the name of castlewars, a name that I had been using for years prior (since 2010, in fact!) which I didn't mind, but some channel op decided to kick me as a joke, thanks to the name, and the kick message was "I don't like wars in castles". As expected, I got a little pissed considering everyone seemed to hate me and in the past I've had people mocking my name and making offshoots of it, and this was the event that prompted me to change my name.

I wanted to use "Link", but due to my fast-fingered typing my finger slipped and it ended up as "Linik" and I settled with it. This also came about when I was going through a Zelda phase after deciding to pick up and try out OoT3D for the first time. The "Hero" part came about slightly later when creating my YouTube channel. I don't mind the name now, to be honest, despite evoking shades of that one moment.

Long story short: a finger slip led to the current state of my name.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
My name is the combination of Fafnir and Fenrir, both from Norse mythology. Choose this name because I'm a huge fan of mythology, love fantasy, and I also wanted a short username that doesn't involve either a Pokemon or numbers.

Back