• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So we don't have any funny, temporary Christmas RPs this year? ^^

Nope, guess not! If I knew for a fact that I would be on quite a bit today and tomorrow, I might make a Tournament of Snow 2.0, but I don't so I most likely won't.
But we should do one, albeit it may be a bit late for it, lol. But maybe not?

@PinkSapphire - Don't worry, I planned on adding some DoA characters, although I have to google them since I've never played DoA, lol.
Currently I'm thinking on:
Link (Zelda), Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank), Jak (Jak & Daxter), Ventus & Aqua (KH:BbS), misc. Final Fantasy characters, Amy Sorel & misc. Soul Calibur characters, Christie Monteiro & misc. Tekken characters, misc. DoA characters and maybe some Capcom/Street Fighter characters. Also, maybe some random people like the Dragonborn.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Nakuzami- i could give you info you need about the DoA characters ^^ also you might use Cloud, Leon or maybe Auron as Final Fantasy characters :3 not saying you have to! Everything is fine with me ^^ ill definitly join anyway c: but those three are most populair i guess, along with Lightning ^^

^
Please don't mind me! Just giving suggestions ^^

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'd definitely recommend Lightning and Auron, but I don't know about Squall/Leon; he looks cool, but he might just get his blood all over your RP.

Oh, and I recommend Cecil, if no one else.

@PinkSapphire - Just out of curiosity, do you have any knowledge of the FF universe outside of what appears in Kingdom Hearts? I only ask because those characters (barring Lightning) are among those appear in it, and because of the fact that you called Squall "Leon". That, and I know how big of a KH fan you are.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Machomuu- i do know Leon's name is actually Squall Leonhart, Leon is just easier xD and yes i do :3 i own a few games, i'm also planning on buying the newest Final Fantasy XIII-2 for either ps3 or xbox360, i think it'll be ps3

I choosed those name cause Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Auron and Lightning are my favorite characters from the games xD (Lightning is from XIII-2 but she looks cool so therefor she's one of my favorite.)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Machomuu- i do know Leon's name is actually Squall Leonhart, Leon is just easier xD and yes i do :3 i own a few games, i'm also planning on buying the newest Final Fantasy XIII-2 for either ps3 or xbox360, i think it'll be ps3

I choosed those name cause Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Auron and Lightning are my favorite characters from the games xD
Have you played any of them prior to seven?

Also, I didn't doubt that you knew Squall's name, it was just an indication of newer FFers/KHers :p

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
Machomuu- yes i did, and i dont blame you for thinking i only knew them from KH -v- more people think that, someone once asked me to explain the whole games and what happen in them, it was pretty annoying cuz after explaining he still didn't believe xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
A big Merry Christmas to everyone at the Roleplay Corner! While it may not be Christmas for you, it's 8am for me and I'm writing this before I run downstairs to join the family.

I hope everyone has a nice one, but just letting you know I will be temporarily inactive today (for obvious reasons) and tomorrow (because I'm working Boxing Day eugh).

So yeah, Merry Christmas, enjoy your day and presents and I'll BBS!

EDIT: I forgot to mention! Like I did last year, I'm happy for you to be offtopic at this special time of year to talk about what you got for Christmas/what you're doing/how you're spending it/anything else exciting etc.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
A big Merry Christmas to everyone at the Roleplay Corner! While it may not be Christmas for you, it's 8am for me and I'm writing this before I run downstairs to join the family.

I hope everyone has a nice one, but just letting you know I will be temporarily inactive today (for obvious reasons) and tomorrow (because I'm working Boxing Day eugh).

So yeah, Merry Christmas, enjoy your day and presents and I'll BBS!

EDIT: I forgot to mention! Like I did last year, I'm happy for you to be offtopic at this special time of year to talk about what you got for Christmas/what you're doing/how you're spending it/anything else exciting etc.

I got the flipping Hunger Games!
It's technically not Christmas here yet (it's about 10:20 pm, Christmas Eve) but . . . let's just say that /someone/ thought that I wasn't home and left an unwrapped present in a bag right on top of the cookies. I was actually heading for the cookies when I saw it. |3 Since I found it, they just gave it to me, lol. And to think, if they had let me go with my boyfriend to his family's Christmas Eve party, I would never have found it! Such is the way of life.
I also got an 8GB USB and some Yu-Gi-Oh cards from my boyfriend, just because.

@PinkSapphire - I'll probably just end up Googling the games (I actually have a Dead or Alive game for the PSOne, but I've never played it xD I'm thinking about it, though.) but if I need anything, I'll ask. I should probably go Google them now . . .
And, yeah, I think Cloud and Lightning are somewhat obligatory; you can't include FF characters without them.

@Machomuu - Pfft! Leon is better than Squall! //I played KH first, so when I played a bit of Dissidia and saw "Leon," who was not only named Squall but also looked a bit different, I was more than slightly confused.
To be honest, I've only ever played most of FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus, FF VII: Crisis Core, FF XIII, and FF XIII-2. I've yet to actually finish one of them, although I did come close to finishing DoC, lol.

I think we should have a vote on the favorite FF characters (and maybe some others, but mainly FF for now) to be included. Honestly, I love characters like Serah Ferron and Oerba dia Vanille, but I don't think they'd be as . . . suitable as other FF characters, such as Tifa Lockhart. I'd like to add them, but let's leave it up to a vote!

Oh, and added to that list that I mentioned earlier, I forgot to say that I was thinking about adding the Dead Island protagonists: Xian Mei, Sam B., Logan, Purna, and . . . John, I believe. They're melee focused characters, so I thought they would fit in well enough.
Also, because of my watching of The Hunger Games a little while ago, I'm seriously considering throwing Katniss Everdeen into the fray. xD

Okay, since I have some interest in this roleplay, I guess I'll work on it a bit more. The one that I planned to be remaking . . . well, seriously, I'm trying to go into such depth with that that I may not even be able to even post a draft here for a while, so in the meantime this is a good warm-up, lol.

I know I'm not on enough for it to really matter, but I'll be at a Christmas gathering type thing at my Uncle's tomorrow, so I likely won't really be on at all. But I will update with what I get for presents, if anything! lol

Khawill

<3
Years
Nope, guess not! If I knew for a fact that I would be on quite a bit today and tomorrow, I might make a Tournament of Snow 2.0, but I don't so I most likely won't.
But we should do one, albeit it may be a bit late for it, lol. But maybe not?

@PinkSapphire - Don't worry, I planned on adding some DoA characters, although I have to google them since I've never played DoA, lol.
Currently I'm thinking on:
Link (Zelda), Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank), Jak (Jak & Daxter), Ventus & Aqua (KH:BbS), misc. Final Fantasy characters, Amy Sorel & misc. Soul Calibur characters, Christie Monteiro & misc. Tekken characters, misc. DoA characters and maybe some Capcom/Street Fighter characters. Also, maybe some random people like the Dragonborn.

From Final Fantasy you should add:
-Titus or Rikku or Yuna (FFX)
-Warrior of Light (FFI)
-Cloud (FF7)
-Quistist, Squall, or Zell (FF8)
-Never played FF2,4,5,6,9,11 and I hated 12 so can't suggest anything from those
-Luneth (FF3, Japan)

From other games as well:
Jim Raynor, Gabriel Tosh, Nova Terra, Uninfested Kerrigan, Zeratul (Starcraft 2)
Dragunov, Jun Kazama, Marshall Law, or Raven (From Tekken)
Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Sonya Blade (Mortal Kombat)
Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)
Maximo (Maximo: Ghosts to Glory)
Sargent Hale, Joseph Capelli, Unamed Colored Guy (Resistance)
Scott Pilgrim, Knives Chau, Stephen Stills (Scott Pilgrim: The Video Game) (BTW this game is awesome)
Stevie (Minecraft)
I think if you do allow skyrim or oblivion characters, then instead of appearance we can just screenshot our characters.

That is just my list of characters that would be awesome, there are waayyyy more but these are just from games that I've played and liked.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Spoiler:

I'm planning on submitting my own RP. I fixed my plot, so it sounds better now. But in all honesty I'm not really sure since I haven't tried submitting it... yet.

You know? The Anime/Game-themed RP I mentioned a few pages ago? I kinda adjusted the Character creation too. I made it so that most physical stats start low. Ever heard of Peggy Sue? Sorta like that, the mind knows, but not the body. Like most Peggy Sues though, they develop better.

So~ What are you guys talking about?

Nakuzami

Years
From Final Fantasy you should add:
-Titus or Rikku or Yuna (FFX)
-Warrior of Light (FFI)
-Cloud (FF7)
-Quistist, Squall, or Zell (FF8)
-Never played FF2,4,5,6,9,11 and I hated 12 so can't suggest anything from those
-Luneth (FF3, Japan)

From other games as well:
Jim Raynor, Gabriel Tosh, Nova Terra, Uninfested Kerrigan, Zeratul (Starcraft 2)
Dragunov, Jun Kazama, Marshall Law, or Raven (From Tekken)
Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, Sonya Blade (Mortal Kombat)
Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)
Maximo (Maximo: Ghosts to Glory)
Sargent Hale, Joseph Capelli, Unamed Colored Guy (Resistance)
Scott Pilgrim, Knives Chau, Stephen Stills (Scott Pilgrim: The Video Game) (BTW this game is awesome)
Stevie (Minecraft)
I think if you do allow skyrim or oblivion characters, then instead of appearance we can just screenshot our characters.

That is just my list of characters that would be awesome, there are waayyyy more but these are just from games that I've played and liked.

Well, at least I know the Tekken and Mortal Kombat characters, and I know of the FF, Resident Evil and Scott Pilgrim characters, so those are a bit easier to sort through. Although, I seriously doubt that Steve from Minecraft could do much of anything . . . he'd really just be a guy with a pickaxe, and since they are meant to be realistic, he wouldn't even be in block form! lol
But, remember that these won't actually be playable characters. Most of them will be important NPCs, although some might just make cameo appearances.

The screenshotting of characters isn't a bad idea, and, in fact, that's what I had planned to do with my main girl from Soul Calibur IV.

I just Googled Dead or Alive. It might take a little bit before I can make a list of candidates to be nominated for voting into the roleplay, lol.

Something tells me that, by the time suggestions are over and the roleplay is made, there's going to be a huge cast of characters in this roleplay, lol.

Oh yeah, and have a Happy Christmas, everyone! Eat lots of ham with Ponyo!

Oooh, brainwave. I'm looking at my game shelf, and I thought that I might add some characters such as Heros from Fable, Dynasty Warriors characters, and maybe even Lara Croft (the newer, cool one. Not the old boobtastic one. xD)
Seriously, I'm just going to make a list of a 150 (with more to see) <-heheh, I made a funny characters and then post it for everyone to help narrow down, lol. Until then, suggestions are wonderful! (I obviously need characters to populate the list)
. . . I should also go Google Guilty Gear. Heck, I should Google the fighting genre in general!

Khawill

<3
Years
Well, at least I know the Tekken and Mortal Kombat characters, and I know of the FF, Resident Evil and Scott Pilgrim characters, so those are a bit easier to sort through. Although, I seriously doubt that Steve from Minecraft could do much of anything . . . he'd really just be a guy with a pickaxe, and since they are meant to be realistic, he wouldn't even be in block form! lol
But, remember that these won't actually be playable characters. Most of them will be important NPCs, although some might just make cameo appearances.

The screenshotting of characters isn't a bad idea, and, in fact, that's what I had planned to do with my main girl from Soul Calibur IV.

I just Googled Dead or Alive. It might take a little bit before I can make a list of candidates to be nominated for voting into the roleplay, lol.

Something tells me that, by the time suggestions are over and the roleplay is made, there's going to be a huge cast of characters in this roleplay, lol.

Oh yeah, and have a Happy Christmas, everyone! Eat lots of ham with Ponyo!

Oooh, brainwave. I'm looking at my game shelf, and I thought that I might add some characters such as Heros from Fable, Dynasty Warriors characters, and maybe even Lara Croft (the newer, cool one. Not the old boobtastic one. xD)
Seriously, I'm just going to make a list of a 150 (with more to see) <-heheh, I made a funny characters and then post it for everyone to help narrow down, lol. Until then, suggestions are wonderful! (I obviously need characters to populate the list)
. . . I should also go Google Guilty Gear. Heck, I should Google the fighting genre in general!

Lol Stevie was a joke. All the characters I listed are fighters btw, though All the SC,Resistance,REsident Evil ones use guns...
The tekken characters are my favorite, Mortal Kombat are my strongest, Scott Pilgrim is the best fighter in the province, and all the Starcraft characters would make great NPCs.

Edit* Virtua Fighter is something we can not forget as well!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
No love for Final Fantasy 4 ;_; (or, more surprisingly, six). Well, you at least need to include Cecil, Rydia, and Terra Branford, the 2D ones need some good lovin' (and FF4 is my favorite FF, it's also considered one of the best (along with 6); I highly recommend it). But, whatever you do, don't pick Meg Ryan Tidus. For the love of God, do NOT put Tidus in, he's a bigger pissboy than Shinji from Evangelion, and is largely the reason I can't go back to FFX.

Having said that, don't go crazy with the characters; add too many and the RP will be pretty hard to manage. I recommend simply using one, two, or three characters from each series you choose.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, everyone, and happy holidays!

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
No love for Final Fantasy 4 ;_; (or, more surprisingly, six). Well, you at least need to include Cecil, Rydia, and Terra Branford, the 2D ones need some good lovin' (and FF4 is my favorite FF, it's also considered one of the best (along with 6); I highly recommend it). But, whatever you do, don't pick Meg Ryan Tidus. For the love of God, do NOT put Tidus in, he's a bigger pissboy than Shinji from Evangelion, and is largely the reason I can't go back to FFX.

Having said that, don't go crazy with the characters; add too many and the RP will be pretty hard to manage. I recommend simply using one, two, or three characters from each series you choose.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, everyone, and happy holidays!

Oh, don't worry. I only planned to have two or three characters from each series to be important, if even that many. The rest will probably just make fun little cameo appearances.
That's why I was hoping to learn favorites, gain more suggestions, and whatever. //pfft, no, I'm just too lazy to do the selecting on my own

And . . . yeah, have no worries about Tidus appearing. Just from playing KH I know Tidues/Wakka/Selphie are . . . unfit to be some of the strongest warriors in the multiverse, lol. I also saw some of Tidus in Dissidia, and I wasn't very impressed.

So, just to see opinion on one character, what do you all think of Oerba Yun Fang from FF XIII?

@Khawill - Yeah, Virtua Fighter was mentioned a lot when I Googled Dead or Alive. I'll have to Google that too, lol. @_@

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
Merry Christmas, guys. :3

I have one question: If this creature appeared in an SU sheet of your RP, will you accept it, given that it has a passable explanation as to how it became like that? Or does it look too alienated? I'm just wondering because, while I do like Umbreon, its ears just... eh, not too cat-like. /Ihaveaweirdfondnessforcatsokay
I can take anything negative that you have to say, but please be gentle. Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
-ignore me, was looking at the first page accidentally @___@ -

But merry christmas anyways!

Sapphire Rose

Years
MERRY CHRISSIMASU!!

:3

staff edit: not four words - check rules in future

own edit: Sorry Sir/Madam…

Last edited: