• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LeafGreen hack: Pokémon Daia Version

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
Years
  • Age 25
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 12, 2019

POKEMON DAIA VERSION
I'm sure everyone here has played Gaia. Hack of the Year 2015, made by the man himself Spherical Ice? It's got everything: Tons of Pokémon, amazing aesthetics, great gameplay, and a wonderful story. What's not to love? Well, I'll tell you what. There's one glaring flaw that Gaia has that makes the game virtually unplayable. What is that flaw?

The name.

Now, this hack is going to fix the name "Gaia" and make it so that you can play the hack without burning your eyeballs out. To do this I've switched every instance of the letter "G" In-game with a much cooler letter, "D". I did this by going through all of the scripts I could find and changing each letter individually. If Spherical Ice had done it right in the first place and named the hack Pokémon Daia, I would not have had to waste my Monday night fixing his game.

NOTE: When I was switching letters the D key was next to the C key so sometimes I put the wrong one by accident but it's an intended feature so don't worry.

NOTE: I couldn't actually figure out how to change the title screen since Spherical Ice cheated and moved stuff around in his ROM. Because of this I would recommend you close your eyes and click the A button for the first 30 seconds after you open up the ROM in your emulator.

Features
- Better Aesthetics
- More Playable
- Enhanced Gameplay
- Revitalized Game Engine
- 2.5x More Fun

Screenshots:
bdY1X5p.png
4ZgFk83.png
d43gIKa.png

Oh7cV6X.png
gqdRa5a.png
UsndxcW.png

eEW6Hkp.png
6gBolok.png
Uw899ZK.png

kVKPaZ3.png
WZOplCS.png
CKt7HfS.gif

U5AwUH1.png
90iSmPZ.png
sczYkBx.png

Ml8bwsl.png
fXN6K5V.png
5QHo7Pk.png

GHgHdth.png
ic5ytXa.png

CREDITS
Lifted from the original Gaia thread:​

Team

Special thanks and credits

Tools used

DOWNLOAD
.ups file is can be found here, apply it to a clean LeafGreen(Independent) ROM

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Does this hack have any other differences, other than the G's replaced with D's? If not, then I'd rather wait for the complete version of Pokemon Gaia.

Last edited:

Iria Animi

Innocent Trainer
Years
EDIT: I have notice a weird spelling mistake on this screenshot:
4ZgFk83.png

EDIT: I see, this is just a carbon copy of the original game. Didn't figure out this before since I played this last two years ago.

Last edited:

Dyskinesia

Second-rate hack
Years
  • Age 25
  • Ohio
  • Seen May 12, 2019
Does this hack have any other differences, other than the G's replaced with D's? If not, then I'd rather wait for the complete version of Pokemon Gaia.

By looking at screenshots giving me feeling of Pokemon Gaia, and this looks pretty charming! I am utmost looking forward to playing this!

EDIT: I have notice a weird spelling mistake on this screenshot:
4ZgFk83.png

Yeah I messed up the professor's text, gg no re

To the creator, is this complete? Meaning complete map, stories, etc.

This is the final version of the hack

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 25, 2020
So... this is basically Gaia with all the "G" changed for a "D"
Best hack 25/10

Back