The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio Sideshow Showcase
Yellow Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 230+ pokemon (Eevee starter version testers wanted!)

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.

View Poll Results: If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?
Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.) 57 25.33%
Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish) 26 11.56%
Vulpix 48 21.33%
Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu. 84 37.33%
Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>) 10 4.44%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 23rd, 2017 (3:12 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight20 View Post
At the beggining after i patch and i get pikachu and battle gary when pikachu comes out in battle he doesnt have his voice and makes a glitched cry that freezes the game for boit 5 seconds then fixes but does it everytime pikachu is sent out. What version rom do i need to patch 3.1 to?
I get that glitch as well on my Android phone.

Old November 24th, 2017 (9:50 AM).

So is it just with pikachu? Or is there a way to fix it?
    Old December 20th, 2017 (7:16 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by longlostsoldier View Post
      Trades evolutions done by level, all at Lv 50. I also implemented your earlier typing ideas.

New update coming in a minute, as I just figured out how to get pikachu to evolve by happiness, one of my major goals! It went faster than I expected, being that I'm a novice. That just leaves the annoying walking sprite issue, which honestly I'm not sure I can fix at my novice level, although thankfully Nintendo's Pikachu sprite looks pretty good. You can still force evolve pikachu by thunder stone instead if you really want, for those people who cruelly box their pikachu and hate raising its happiness.

Moon Stone being available in shops is a good idea, since it's a 151 hack. I'd forgotten it can be hard to find enough moon stones to evolve all the mons, thanks.
      Yeah, I haven't looked at altering TMs yet, but that should be simple. I think I might have already altered Venusaur to have Sludge (like I did a number of poisons) but I'm not sure, need to double check as I forgot. Coulda sworn it already had earthquake but I guess that must be later gen.

I have difficulty seeing Starmie as part electric, but it would be different, give a great new typing (I always loved Lanturn) and definitely make the Misty battle harder, heh; I know putting Thunder on Starmie is a very popular moveset, so it wouldn't be that different in some ways. Although Starmie is one of my favorite psychics, won Pokemon Stadium with her. Losing that STAB would hurt a bit, although STAB thunder on Starmie is nothing to sniff at either.
      I think it might also be interesting to have Golduck Water/Dark instead as dark types often learn psychic moves too? Or would that just be counter-intuitive?

I've also made Golem pure rock in latest update; I believe this matches the Alolan form and would give it less weaknesses, although Geodude can stay part ground to add more difficulty against your starter Pikachu.

While this is the first time this has been implemented in Yellow and any 151 hack to my knowledge, I have to say I think I've seen similar ideas before, so I can't claim to be that brilliant, sorry. It is a shame more hacks don't use it, though.
      I think making golduck a water physic would be better considering how strong physic moves are against water types. I love using physic moves against water Pokemon especially in the newer gens since geratina can learn shadowforce allowing me to have a strong physic and ghost move to match my thunderbolt and ancient power loveseat for geratina.
      Old January 1st, 2018 (4:35 AM).

Nature: Quiet
        So I tried playing this on a gameboy color emulator for Android and turns out the game slows down immensely in battle if Pikachu is the first Pokemon sent out. Is this normal? I mean, I have to wait a whole minute so that Pikachu's cry slowly passes on before the fight, bag, run etc options appear on screen.
        Old January 15th, 2018 (9:16 PM).

Nature: Docile
          Even with the messed up pikachu cry i still enjoy playing this
          Great hack!
          Old March 2nd, 2018 (5:36 PM). Edited March 2nd, 2018 by Alex Griphon.
          I know you. Do you know me?

Nature: Docile
            This might be the best hack of Yellow ever created...

But the glitched cry and freezing push it down a bit.
            Any way to fix this? It's pretty saddening.

I see a lot of people experiencing this, too.
            Should I just downgrade the version I'm using?
            Old March 10th, 2018 (11:17 AM).
            Canine pokemon fan

Nature: Gentle
              Hack looks great, does it include ALL the Eeveelution till generation 6?

Original nick - BH
              Name - Bartek
              Old May 17th, 2018 (8:33 PM). Edited May 17th, 2018 by Zeikar84.

I've wasted hours on this glitchy abomination, why was this abandoned? There was so much potential. Now I'm cringing and crying because I lost too much time and progress and I wanted to enjoy this hack, but 3.1 is so broken it is terribly sad! Game crashed lost progress, Pikachu call at start of battle is pianful and long, soft locking and time maxing out to 255:59, I wantmy hours of my life back trying to make this work.
                Old May 18th, 2018 (10:11 AM).

This hack looks absolutely amazing. This is some awesome work and I would love to play this ASAP when I get some time away from working on my Pokemon Gold hack right now.
                  Keep up the good work, I love it!
                  Old June 4th, 2018 (6:02 PM).

I'm interested in playing this mod and I've downloaded the newest patch (3.1). Ive barely played it because of the pika-cry-glitch so I'm wondering which patch version of this room hack should I play and if there is a fix for said glitch or any others I should know about so I don't lose my game progress later on. Thanks in advance.
                    Old June 5th, 2018 (4:36 AM).

Hi, I think this hack is fantastic but I have found these issues:
                      glitches with dark/bright sprites randomly changed;
                      following pokemon model very different from the pokemon you have (for example I got a gastly following me for hoothoot)
                      any advice?
                      Old June 9th, 2018 (2:37 AM).

This seriously needs a solid update and some bug fixing. I've always wnjoyed yellow over R/B/G. Really hoping this comes along fine.
                        If there is anyone out here suffering or struggling to get through life, then please listen to my song. I hope it gives you the energy to continue fighting so you can see a brighter day.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfyWlEdZAc

Mixtape: Venting Session Vol.1 is on the way!
                        Old June 9th, 2018 (4:10 AM).

Uh... in the first fight, Pikachu makes glitch noises.
                          Old June 10th, 2018 (3:21 PM).

I picked Girl and I get a girl trainer sprite with a boy overworld sprite.
                            Old June 10th, 2018 (3:52 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Heaven Piercing Man View Post
                              I picked Girl and I get a girl trainer sprite with a boy overworld sprite.
                              Me too. :/
                              Old June 25th, 2018 (7:53 AM).

Nature: Gentle
                                I'm still getting the freeze when I send out Pikachu against Blue in the first battle in the lab.It shows that I have no items on Pikachu but when I give it the berry juice to hold it says removed chow and then the game hangs.How can I fix this?I've been really wanting to try this game.
                                Catalyst/Black Cinder/Scarlet Blaze/Crimson Skies/Axis/Cyan/Winds of Shadow
                                Sky Twilight/Unbound/Diamond and Pearl Advance/Lilac/Gaia DS

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                                Old June 30th, 2018 (11:57 AM). Edited June 30th, 2018 by Mug1tchuk0ud.

Nature: Lax
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
                                  Me too. :/
                                  I am also having this problem
                                  Old July 13th, 2018 (4:22 PM). Edited July 13th, 2018 by longlostsoldier.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry guys, I didn't notice the stupid pikachu cry bug. I will try to fix immediately.

Edit: Fixed. Girl is fixed also: I apparently accidentally reverted a file back without paying attention that controlled the girl sprite, it was easy to fix.
                                    The beach house bug, which either crashed or disallowed you to surf with Raichu even if you had Raichu, which I'm not sure anyone but me noticed, was also fixed.

I really should have gotten around to looking at this page months earlier, since I knew of the beach house bug, I kept meaning to but never got around to it.
                                    Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
                                    Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                    Fire Yellow - A FireRed Hack & Yellow Remake with Following Pikachu
                                    Old July 14th, 2018 (7:32 AM).
                                    Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
                                      This is a promising hack. Plays pretty good on a Nintendo 3DS as well.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=386240
                                      Old July 14th, 2018 (6:55 PM). Edited July 14th, 2018 by longlostsoldier.
                                      longlostsoldier longlostsoldier is offline

Oh, wow, I didn't know people had put mods on 3ds's virtual console (though I had been thinking of looking that up). Did you just pop the SD card into a usb stick and drop the EvoYellow mod down on it or something?

edit: ah, I see, you have to hack your console, just like the old way of playing before all those vc games came out.

----

Now, as anyone who looks at the new Github page knows, there is now an Eevee version, which is perfectly playable, and has eevee images for everything except pikachu thunderbolting (Because eevee doesn't learn thunderbolt!) but not very tested. I know some of the emotion sprite animations don't quite match up and look glitchy; if anyone with a good eyeball can tell me exactly which images (they all have really terrible labels like e5gfoogleboo, well, okay, not quite like that, but close enough) / would care to test it out, it would be appreciated. Once I have a less buggy version I will post the ips on here as well. Anyone who is curious about implementing followme changes will probably enjoy looking at the Eevee commits as they touch up on what you need to change the starter, except for maybe the all pokemon follow func which I don't think I touched as I already had eevee following. I randomly choose Sylveon as Eevee's happiness evo, but there are only eevee happy sprites at the moment.

One thing I'm contemplating doing is trying to implement some kind of mock mega-evolution system where eevee can spontaneously evolve during battle into an evolution, and use hidden power for its same type attack or something like that, or simply let eevee learn some type tms as, frankly, most normal types can learn a few type moves and eevee is a bland exception. This would make it like the Pokemon manga (my memories of it are fairly foggy, but I think there was a eevee that knew thunderbolt, bubblebeam, flamethrower I think, and could turn into flareon, espeon, or umbreon.) I'm risking running of room for stuff as pikachu images already take up a whole bank, but it might be nice to add actual mega-evolutions too at some point if it isn't too much of a pain.

I am also still working on the Meowth sprites / Meowth version, but ironically they take a little more time than the eevee as eevee's face is surprisingly similar to pikachu (it's the ears.) Anyone who wants to contribute pokemon images to the github page or something would be loved. :P Or anything at all, even. I haven't really used github before, and it was frustrating at first (kept erroring on the very first commit) but now it's setup it's working wonderfully.
                                        I also made some efforts toward making a normal version with none of the weird type changes that some folks hate, but still need to fix the level up movesets before that is finished.
                                        Evo-Yellow: 151 Evolve Raichu Hack, uses the Yellow Disassembly. Play as girl, ride a pokemon, special/physical, dark/fairy/steel types, new pokemon, gen 2 sprites, evolve Pikachu into Raichu and have them still follow you with new Raichu emotion sprites!
                                        Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                        Old July 14th, 2018 (10:20 PM). Edited July 15th, 2018 by Aurane.
                                        💀

Nature: Relaxed
                                          I'm a simple man. I see Riolu in a GBC hack, I like. Where do you find it by the way? I've only encountered it via trainers.

EDIT: Okay so I found it. You have to trade Tangela for it near Fuchsia City. Kind of hoped I could have one under my OT so I can nickname it myself, but so be it. Who made the sprites for Riolu and Lucario?
                                          -Lucario-Empoleon-Skarmory-
                                          -Excadrill-Magnezone-Bronzong-
                                          Old July 16th, 2018 (6:33 PM). Edited July 18th, 2018 by longlostsoldier.

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Aurane View Post
                                            I'm a simple man. I see Riolu in a GBC hack, I like. Where do you find it by the way? I've only encountered it via trainers.

EDIT: Okay so I found it. You have to trade Tangela for it near Fuchsia City. Kind of hoped I could have one under my OT so I can nickname it myself, but so be it. Who made the sprites for Riolu and Lucario?
                                            I apologize. I was running into limits on how many wild pokemon there can be: at some point soon I'll reshuffle so some evolutions that never appear in the wild will switch places with Riolu and others so those ones can be caught via wild instead of only by trade. If I tried to put Riolu straight into the wild now, the game would send out a trainer instead.

Part of them were made by someone else, I have the credit somewhere but honestly forgot about it. >_< I swear I had notes about it somewhere but I seem to have misplaced it. x_x Part of them were actually made by me, because if I remember right, they didn't have backsprites / one or both of them wasn't four colors and couldn't actually be used in-game without editing. I do remember finding them on a 'devamp for gb use thread' so I know they were intended to be used for hacks.

edit: Found the credit! I wrote down 'Lucario GS by chibapika', and I also wrote GS by Riolu so it may be by the same person.

----

Eevee version is coming along good, and seems to be basically playable now without any weird eevee sprite abominations popping up, although the new titlescreen I added is very slightly glitchy so I might revert it, which would be a shame as pikachu titlescreen seems just wrong for an eevee version. :P

I just need to decide what eevee should evolve into, or maybe just make multiple versions of eevee evolving into different things, orrrr wait until I see if I can get some weird mega-evolve eevee into all its evos version to work. Right now eevee sprite stays eevee even on evolving and the ips in the github is for Sylveon evo.
                                            Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                            Old July 16th, 2018 (8:40 PM). Edited July 16th, 2018 by TailsMK4.

This hack is helping me relive a short-lived memory of when I was much younger and when I played Pokemon for a fairly short time (before I ended up moving to other series). Pokemon Yellow was the first Pokemon game I played, and it seems kind of outdated now after having played many Gen 3 and Gen 5 games/hacks, but the simplicity of Pokemon back then (not having to worry about resetting to catch a rare Pokemon due to bad Natures is a big plus to me), is highlighted in this hack, despite the additions you have made (Dark types make having a bug Pokemon much more viable).

It took me some time to get an idea of what team I should build, and it eventually came down to one spot left after filling it with Raichu, Ninetales, Azumarill, Skarmory, and Glaceon. After checking the Github sources you provided for this hack (a Pokemon location list is almost a must for me, finding out some of my favorites are not available or can be acquired near end-game is a deal-breaker for me, so I have avoided many popular Pokemon hacks/fan games due to that), another memory, though fresh, came to me. I played the GBA and DS Mystery Dungeon games a lot, and for some reason I really liked Yanmega. In this hack, the Yanma line is Bug/Dragon. My team covers most bases, but Psychic was one that would have been a problem, and you typically see Psychic Pokemon late game, so I felt that Yanmega would round out my team nicely.

The other thing that drew me to this hack was that normally you're stuck with Pikachu, but I'm glad this hack did away with the idea because I really like Raichu. After defeating Brock, my Pikachu started doing the fist pumping emotion, which meant the happiness level was almost there. As I started making my way through Mt. Moon, I thought to myself "I think I might have a Raichu at around the time I defeat Jessie and James.". Jessie and James witnessed my Pikachu evolve to Raichu right after defeating them. With only two Pokemon (Yanma being the other), I'm currently at the third rival fight. It might seem a little weird to challenge someone with six Pokemon...actually, make that five, because Yanma's Hidden Power turned out to be Ice, which knocked out Spearow in one hit. I think I should be ok, and I got some other members I want right after the Nugget Bridge challenge, so I'm excited about the rest of my journey through this hack. Great job with this hack!

EDIT: Yanma soloed the Rival Fight, it was able to take advantage of so many SEs that Sandshrew and Eevee were the only ones that could do any damage. My strategy is to have as much type coverage with a single Pokemon as I can, and it made this fight a breeze.
                                              Old July 16th, 2018 (9:06 PM).

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by TailsMK4 View Post
                                                This hack is helping me relive a short-lived memory of when I was much younger and when I played Pokemon for a fairly short time (before I ended up moving to other series). Pokemon Yellow was the first Pokemon game I played, and it seems kind of outdated now after having played many Gen 3 and Gen 5 games/hacks, but the simplicity of Pokemon back then (not having to worry about resetting to catch a rare Pokemon due to bad Natures is a big plus to me), is highlighted in this hack, despite the additions you have made (Dark types make having a bug Pokemon much more viable).

It took me some time to get an idea of what team I should build, and it eventually came down to one spot left after filling it with Raichu, Ninetales, Azumarill, Skarmory, and Glaceon. After checking the Github sources you provided for this hack (a Pokemon location list is almost a must for me, finding out some of my favorites are not available or can be acquired near end-game is a deal-breaker for me, so I have avoided many popular Pokemon hacks/fan games due to that), another memory, though fresh, came to me. I played the GBA and DS Mystery Dungeon games a lot, and for some reason I really liked Yanmega. In this hack, the Yanma line is Bug/Dragon. My team covers most bases, but Psychic was one that would have been a problem, and you typically see Psychic Pokemon late game, so I felt that Yanmega would round out my team nicely.

The other thing that drew me to this hack was that normally you're stuck with Pikachu, but I'm glad this hack did away with the idea because I really like Raichu. After defeating Brock, my Pikachu started doing the fist pumping emotion, which meant the happiness level was almost there. As I started making my way through Mt. Moon, I thought to myself "I think I might have a Raichu at around the time I defeat Jessie and James.". Jessie and James witnessed my Pikachu evolve to Raichu right after defeating them. With only two Pokemon (Yanma being the other), I'm currently at the third rival fight. It might seem a little weird to challenge someone with six Pokemon...actually, make that five, because Yanma's Hidden Power turned out to be Ice, which knocked out Spearow in one hit. I think I should be ok, and I got some other members I want right after the Nugget Bridge challenge, so I'm excited about the rest of my journey through this hack. Great job with this hack!

EDIT: Yanma soloed the Rival Fight, it was able to take advantage of so many SEs that Sandshrew and Eevee were the only ones that could do any damage. My strategy is to have as much type coverage with a single Pokemon as I can, and it made this fight a breeze.
                                                Thank you! Yes, I made this for the nostalgia and for fun team building, and I'm glad it hit that note for you.
                                                Yeah, the game definitely needs some difficulty tweaking. Yanma needs early game nerfing in particular, at a minimum I think I should either remove its hidden power or move it to a much later level, and I should perhaps also tweak the rival's team for better type coverage and more evo's (it doesn't really make sense for him to still have so many unevolved mons when people have Raichu by Cerulean). Tweaks like that'll be in 3.3 hopefully.
                                                Yellow Hack Tutorial
                                                Old July 16th, 2018 (9:45 PM). Edited July 16th, 2018 by TailsMK4.

I guess in general the game is a little on the easy side, but part of that might be due to it being rather easy to level up (I trained in Viridian Forest instead of the Routes due to the various Pokemon giving 100+ EXP, but also because I was trying to get Yanma). It also could be because I waited until the Pokemon I wanted is a shiny (took me probably 20-30 minutes to finally get a Purple colored Marill when I saw probably three different colors for both Bellsprout and Oddish), which tend to have good stats compared to similar versions of the same Pokemon. While I would agree Hidden Power Ice for Yanma might be a little overkill (I didn't realize until I used it against Spearow that it was Ice, it's actually Pin Missile that has really been doing work), it is also the reason I was able to get my third member with both members of my team almost double the level of the wild Pokemon on Route 24. Replacing Sonicboom for Dragon Rage almost was a mistake at this point in the game, but I still managed. I'm now at Route 25 to get member four for my team, then I'm off to Bill's. I probably could sweep Misty's team with just Raichu at this point, but I'm expecting a little resistance since Brock had some type coverage on his team as well.

EDIT: Got my fourth member, now to do some training and proceed to Bill's.

Quick Reply