• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Beyond Space And Time: A Sinnoh Journey [T]

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

UoCABIp_d.jpg

--------------------------------------

Togepi | ? | ? | ? | ? | ?

Betty Delacroix Cross​

----
Betty did a u-turn back to Route 202. There, she figured, training could commence. Perhaps a different approach could be taken to ease the fairy into a Pokémon battle? Metronome would do wonders, yet maybe abusing dazzling gleam against those who are weak to the move's typing would jumpstart the fairy's drive.
----
Togepiiii~! she sang upon the sight of nature, limbs flailing in anticipation of what life may bring.
----
Well, it brought Pokémon fighting. Once Betty found an unsuspecting Weedle nibbling on leaves she cautiously approached the critter. Togepi wiped the frown off her face, believing she had no other choice than to be docile were she to be a trainer's Pokémon.
----
In the background one could discern Drifloon, who had long given up on being discreet as a result of the child that clung to his strings. He was convinced the human toddler had limited amounts of energy, and attention span, that they would have eventually found Drifloon to be tedious. To his dismay they did not.
----
But Betty was an oblivious one. Not one encounter, glimpse, or acknowledgement of the child and floating balloon had been made throughout her time in the city. Although Togepi had noticed the duo in the background she did no action to alert Betty to them. It was a mere human toddler and harmless Pokémon, to the fairy's eyes, so there was no cause for alarm.
----
"Ari-Ack, if I want to stop using the bad nicknames I need to stop using them," Betty reminded herself, hands massaging her forehead in annoyance. Togepi glanced up at her trainer in confusion. "...okay. Togepi, ready? We're gonna see how lucky we get with metronome." The fairy cried in agreement, mentally preparing herself for yet another brawl for the day. Little did Betty realize that the concept of pain terrified the small fairy.
----
"Okie dokie then, Metronome!" Her starter's arms glowed white, a move in the process of being fabricated. The nibbling Weedle detected the togepi, appetite then vanishing. Peeved and still famished, the bug adorably marched down the tree trunk and on to the grass beneath. Upon seeing Togepi draw near the bug took a defensive stance, stinger ready to strike. "Be careful by the way!" Betty added out of concern.
----
Togepi nearly stumbled towards her approach, catching the bug off guard. But their frustrations returned as soon as Togepi unleashed a flurry of slaps. It was Double Slap. "Eh. I guess it could be worse. Why do I expect something cool everytime I tell her to use it?"
----
Without hesitation the bug lifted its stinger amidst the slaps, fury in their eyes. Not a second later the stinger was slammed down on to Togepi's skull, halting her slaps. Betty gasped in panic.
----
"Metronome!" she blurted out on instinct upon witnessing her dear Pokémon lose their balance. A trembling Togepi obliged, arms raised to perform. The bug reacted quickly, leaping and gaining air above the terrified egg.
----
Then... Togepi vanished. Weedle flinched midair and plopped on to the ground in astonishment. Betty grew just as perplexed, eyes scanning the environment for signs of her togepi. It didn't take long however; a white blur plummeted before Betty's presence, landing face-first against the soft grass below.
----
It took only but a mere few seconds for Betty to process what had just unfolded. But the bug knew immediately and made a dash, taking advantage of Betty's snail-paced reaction time. At last a look of bewilderment developed on her soft face, hands shooting up in horror. "OH MY GOODNESS, TOGEPIIII!" She scooped the injured fairy from Weedle's line of sight. This however did not halt the bug's rampage, stinger still held high.
----
WeeeeEEEEE! it screeched with unrelenting anger. They stabbed the grass inches from her shoes, alerting Betty to his presence. "W-w-waitwaitwaitwait please stopstopstop!" she cried in distress, feet dancing around to evade the sharp stinger that had transformed Togepi into a sobbing mess.
----
Weedle refused to pause, continuously jabbing their sharp weapon against the inexperienced trainer. Betty's movements were no longer quick and smooth, but the mere thought of the pain that could ensue if she ever failed made her steps choppy and irregular. "Please!" she begged in unison to Togepi's anxious cry. "StopstopstopstopSTOPSTOP-"
----
Betty kicked the Weedle, propelling them into a pile of nearby bushes. Panic caused her to act irrationally and without thought, having done so unintentionally whilst having tried evading the stinger.
----
Both hands shot to her mouth, embarrassed she goofed. "Okay... okay. Time to go, let's go," she ordered herself out of the vicinity, afraid to confront the same dilemma. Out of curiosity Betty glanced her surroundings for anybody who might have witnessed her hiccup... And there was.

----
It was a young girl. A toddler, to be precise, who was holding what appears to be a balloon-like Pokémon. They each carried different expressions, shock and annoyance respectively. Togepi continued to sniffle upon seeing them, somewhat content that she had been rescued during the rampage.
----
Her parents weren't anywhere in sight, but surely they weren't far off? I-I'm sure their mom or dad is nearby, yup. Probably in that bush... or that tree... or camouflaged... underground? Embarrassment was longer a priority.
----
Betty sheepishly smiled at the strangers, whom didn't respond in return. Within a few steps a small voice began to pester the trainer and her morals. Of course the child was by themselves - who is she to believe they would be comfortable with them in the wild at such an age? Then again not all parents are like her own.
----
She paused. There was hesitation in her movement, but she swiveled and began to zig zag towards the small girl. Drifloon sighed in relief. "Ello!" Betty broke the ice with a quick wave, kneeling to the toddler's level. "Are you um... lost?" The last word had been said in a careless whisper, eyes scanning the horizon for any adult silhouette. To her dismay there was none.
----
A nod was all the reply she needed to see, prompting Betty to continue. "Do you uh, know where your mom and dad are? I can walk you there-"
----
"Teevee!" the child spat out. "We was in the teevee station!"
----
"Oh! I know what you're talking about! I think."

----
"Here! It's here!" the child remarked, hands yanking and tossing the balloon like a ragdoll. In fear of a crying toddler Betty simply gave the child her backpack in exchange instead of asking her to stop.
----
Driiiiiiif! the balloon gasped out, body dizzy from the onslaught it just experienced. Upon seeing his strings no longer with the monster he floated down in relief, like a feather. Togepi giggled and chirped in delight at new company. With the fairy's hands grasping the strings Drifloon settled himself on to Betty, body slumped over her shoulder with Togepi securing him in place.
----
Suddenly one by one adults clamored out of the building and on to the unsuspecting child, whose name Betty did not know until now. Mary. At first confusion dominated her figure, pushed aside by the incoming crowd. Voices began to rise in volume as if it were a contest to see who was the loudest; some showed frustration whilst others demonstrated joy.
----
Then it clicked.
----
As quickly as they stormed out the crowd returned to the building, Mary and all. All that was left of the surreal event was her backpack and a forgotten Poké Doll. How convenient. Bystanders continued their lives, none congratulating the heroic efforts of Betty Delacroix Cross. Unintentionally she led a missing toddler back to where they were searching, easing their qualms. Unfortunately the trainer wasn't acknowledged once. Perhaps the sight of Mary took priority, to which Betty understood.
----
The panicking adult Betty had encountered earlier in the day rushed back inside, to which she proceeded to scoop the doll and attempted to return. "H-hello? Yes, wait! I think she lost her doll!" But her presence was ignored. She watched as the doors slowly shut, a small draft of wind hitting her already cold face.
----
Betty stood before the station, hand toying with the doll in deep thought. Should she go there... then, perhaps, she may confront live television and interviews. The room could either shove her left and right or suffocate her with attention, both of which the options she would rather never experience.
----
The new trainer turned and took in the sight of the towering buildings before her. "Uh... Okie dokie then! Let's uh... hm." Drifloon had long fallen into a deep sleep that prevented Betty from releasing him back into the city. She may not be willing to carry another problem, but she wasn't cold-hearted either. Leaving the balloon stranded in the city amidst sleep could lead to a series of unfortunate events.
"So... I guess I could wait until you wake up," Betty mumbled. She began to walk towards the Pokémon Center with a calm fairy and sleeping companion, whom she was already getting attached to. The body was warm despite resembling a gas-filled play thing. And it made her smile.
----
During the journey she began to replay the day's events. A starly had been rescued. A toddler had been... returned? As much as Betty desired to claim the heroic deeds, it was unintentional. Not only did she not recognize Mary's description matching that of the panicking woman, but she didn't even ask for a name.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Chapter 3: Route 204 & Ravaged Path

route_204_by_babydialga-d8wvoef.png

After an enjoyable day sight-seeing and a relaxing evening, morning comes and the journey begins anew once more. In the old days, the traditional path would have been heading towards Route 203 and Oreburgh City. After Oreburgh Tunnel collapsed a few months ago however, traveling to the route has become a bit of a hassle and reaching the city at this moment will be pretty much impossible, at least until they get the tunnel operating again. That said, it's time to take a nice stroll up Route 204 instead.

Route 204 is a pretty short walk, really. With a gentle breeze in the air and small ponds for fishing, the route has become a pretty popular place for those wishing to take it easy. Because of those ponds and rivers, along with the addition of Ravaged Path, Route 204 offers enough wild Pokémon to attract the attention of a lot of trainers and collectors, some looking to extend their Pokémon team and others looking for a good battle. Maybe this route won't be such a peaceful stroll after all!

Pokémon Available On Route 204:
spearow.gif
bidoof.gif
rattata.gif
yungoos.gif
pikipek.gif
budew.gif
wooper.gif
poochyena.gif

oddish.gif
wurmple.gif
bunnelby.gif
bellsprout.gif
shinx.gif
lotad.gif
combee.gif

Pokémon Available To Those With A Fishing Rod:
magikarp.gif
poliwag.gif
tympole.gif
goldeen.gif

Pokémon Available In Ravaged Path:
psyduck.gif
geodude.gif
woobat.gif
roggenrola.gif
whismur.gif

diglett.gif
drilbur.gif
cleffa.gif
sandshrew.gif
abra.gif

The wild Pokémon encountered on this route are the equivalent of level 8 in terms of strength. When caught, please ensure that their known moveset matches.

Missions:

Mission 1:
Old man Geoff thinks that today's young people have forgotten about the simple joys of fishing. He often thinks that they're too engrossed in their electronics and crazy rock and roll music to sit back and enjoy the true beauty of the world around them. Maybe this might be a good chance to prove him wrong.

Reward: Fishing Rod

Mission 2:
Aroma Lady Cindy is looking to make a new perfume to take the world by storm. She's heard rumors of a wild Gloom that's been seen shuffling about the area, and would like to try to recruit the Grass-type to aid in her endeavors. Maybe you might be able to lend a hand?

Reward: Rose Incense

Mission 3:
Breed Brandon has been hanging around the route a lot lately, thinking it is a good place to start taking care of his young Pokémon. While exploring the route one day, he happened to come upon a Pokémon egg left alone in the wild. This egg, blue in color with faint pink stripes decorating its shell, has unfortunately managed to find itself trapped in the clutches of a horde of Spearow. While this may not seem like too much of a threat, his baby Pichu and Pidgey are no match for this group alone. Will you help save the egg? *THIS MISSION CAN ONLY BE DONE BY ONE PLAYER!*

Reward: 1 Pokémon Egg

Mission 4:
A Hexcorp scientist by the name of Oliver is exploring Ravaged Path. He believes that the recent introduction of Cleffa to the cave's habitat proves that there is untapped potential in the cave, and with proper excavation some stones may be able to be dug up to help further the energy needs of future endeavors of the company. The problem is, some of the wild Pokémon may not like being disturbed...

Reward: 1 Moon Stone

Mission 5:
Gardener Samson has taking a liking to the plant-life growing around the route. The younger trainers don't understand however, and despite his best efforts they continue to trample and destroy the plant-life he's working so hard to maintain. In particular, one annoying brat by the name of Joey makes it a point to come trounce on a flower garden he's started.

Reward: 1 Energy Ball TM

Mission 6:
Bug Catcher Arnie is back, and this time he's on the trail of an elusive Vespiqueen that's been sighted in the area! Figuring that the rare bug Pokémon is just an essential part of his new collection, he's willing to pay up anyone with a reward if they agree to help him in this situation.

Reward: 3 Nest Balls

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

UoCABIp_d.jpg

--------------------------------------

Togepi | Drifloon | ? | ? | ? | ?

Betty Delacroix Cross​
Chapter 3.1

----
Whilst being healed by the miracle hands of Nurse Joy, Betty passed out on the sofa, body claiming it all. Feet dangled from the seats, often twitching from habit. Her arms clung to her pikachu bag, already yearning for Togepi's warmth and presence.
----
Fortunately the wait wasn't long. Togepi rejoiced upon the sight of Betty, arms flailing about. Drifloon, on the other hand.
----
"So!" Betty breathed out, hands clasped together. "Do you feel better? I'm sorry I didn't take you sooner, I really should have," she asked her companion, who nodded in good health. The focus was then shifted to Drifloon. "Oh and you're healed too! I hope you didn't mind that... ready to go home? Or did you want me to return you to the girl?" The balloon perched atop Togepi, who let out a chirp of content. Meanwhile Betty awaited a response as the creature took in his first visit to the Pokémon Center. She awkwardly remained in place, observing the two Pokémon interact.
----
Other trainers had been handing in and retrieving their own team without hassle. However that may be in part due to their team's absence - they were in their cozy pokeballs.
----
Perhaps Drifloon didn't quite catch that. "Hey... um, hey," she murmured upon tapping Drifloon. He swiveled upon her light, cold touch. It felt like a sudden poke, her nails causing him to shiver.
----
Betty motioned for Togepi to leap to her open arms, to which the fairy gladly followed. The balloon slipped off in the process, swaying as it regains its balance midair. "Heya uh, we're about to leave. Unless you wanna stay here then... I guess you can actually, nothing wrong with that?" she suggested with hesitation, not knowing what course of action she needed to take. "Not one bit." It was different interacting with Pokémon, she thought, as the drifloon blinked at the female trainer.
----
One glance around the room let her know nobody had been staring or being nosey, giving her the go to start rapidly leaving for the door. To her surprise Drifloon followed, albeit not too close behind.
----
And the Pokémon refused to leave her presence since. Drifloon hovered a feet or two behind the trainer, no matter the destination. Restroom breaks became uncomfortable with him pressed against the door, possibly listening to every creak and needle drop. Sleeping was... it was just okay. Of course Betty would jolt up, nearly fall off her place of rest, or freeze in place upon the sight, forgetting the drifloon was there to begin with.
----
Come morning and they were gone. "Goooooood Morning eveeeerybody," Betty had yawned out to the world, arms stretching upward. Togepi remained inside her eggshell, adoringly snoozing away.
----
The drifloon was absent. While Betty felt a tad bit of disappointment at this, she was also grateful for the lack of jumpscare the creature had been gifting her the evening prior. Moreso the night, where Betty eventually succumbed to blocking the view with her blanket.
----
The mirror showed an exhausted trainer with unruly hair. Her expression was that of melancholy, but a quick smile rid of it. "Oh my god I'm really ugly... buuuuut not so bad either. Maybe a... 7 out of 10? 8? Haha god no... 4. Yeah four. Yep."
----
Out into the morning both Betty and Togepi ventured into after their morning routine. The sun brought heat into the day, yet the cold winds evened them out for Betty. Route 204 was next for the duo and they've never felt better. Ponds were at sight and trainers frolicked in its grasslands.
----
"Eeeeeeee this is so exciting!" Betty screeched, hugging Togepi tight. "We're actually entering route 204 Togepi." The fairy was lifted to Betty's face, a smile enveloping both. "It's just... I've dreamed about this. For so long... I've written stories and fan fics and here I am. Experiencing it in person. And with you, too!" she gushed, noses kissing out of affection. Piiiiiiiii~!
----
Betty lowered Togepi back to her chest, yet what she locked eyes with next was not the landscape she expected, but a floating Drifloon.
----
She froze.
----
Togepi stared at the drifloon, but easily got distracted by two Budews horseplaying in the background, arms clapping. They chased after one another, waddling through the fresh blades of grass.

----
Drifloon was the first to speak. loooooooon? The voice broke Betty out of her trance, blinking herself back into the world. "Sorry it's just- my god, why- it's okay it's okay. Did not expect you to just pop out like that... d-didn't you ever have somebody like, punch you? Or scream? Or anything?"
----
Silence. Awkward silence. He bobbed up and down, eyes never parting ways with Betty's figure. She slowly checked her surroundings, her mind convincing her that passerby might be judging the scene.
----
Loon. Togepi flailed her arms, attempting to start a conversation with the balloon. Togepiiiiiiii! Loon. Pi pi phriiiiii! ...loo. Phriiiii~!
----
The Pokémon communicated back and forth for minutes on end. It was a first for Betty, who observed with a warm smile. To see two creatures have a regular, hopefully decent, conversation only made her grow more attached to the flying balloon.
----
Do you like candy too~? The one that's fluffy and brown and sweet? That's cake. I thought the pink sweet stuff was cake, now I know! They call it bread too. So cake and bread are the same thing to humans? Humans can be inconsistent. Well, it's very delicious and sweet~! Glad to know.
----
Betty decided to set Togepi down to continue her conversation, interested in how long it might take. In the meantime she began to clean out her pikachu bag.
----
The sounds of small steps drew closer, but Betty shrugged it off and continued her spring cleaning. During her inspection of her art supplies she glanced over to the talking duo in front. Drifloon had floated down to the dirt, sprawled in front of the fairy in a comical fashion.
----
Pi pi!
----
Betty was surprised by the sight of a Pichu to her side, their tail wagging. "Awwww you're so cute!" she giggled. Her hand extended itself towards them, tapping the ground. A sudden urge to pinch their cheeks emerged, but Betty feared the consequence of such an action. Thus she swallowed her curiosity and admired Drifloon's feeble attempts to lift Togepi instead.
----
Chuuuuu, Pichu pichu! the mouse cried out. They tugged at her shirt viciously enough for her to drop her one utensil. "Hey there," Betty murmured, slipping her mess back inside the bag. "I'm so sorry, I have no food, see?" The bag's contents were made viewable to the mouse, yet it was the least of their concerns.
----
Pi pi! Pipipipipipichuchu! they rapidly spat out, small sparks of electricity crackling on their red, puffy cheeks. A face of annoyance was displayed, making Betty panic.
----
"Oh dear Oh dear no no not here not now- I wish I could understand you little guy, uh, play? Do you want to play? Do you-"
----
The static began to worsen. Togepi took notice and waddled over to the commotion. Drifloon remained sprawled, body twisting enough to be able to capture the events.
----
"Pichu!" a masculine voice called, worry in their tone. "Pichu, where are you?" A pidgey swooped in out of the blue, pecking at the mouse. It saved Betty from the static, which was now being directed towards the avian Poké.
----
Piiiiiiiiii, Pichu groaned upon the sight of their trainer. He towered over Betty, muscles intimidating her. "Please pardon my Pichu's behavior," the male began once he assumed he was within earshot. With what he wore Betty inferred he was a breeder. "More often than not he runs off, bothering nearby trainers. He's a rascal alright."
----
"Oh no no he was no bother!" Betty responded, hand gesturing for him to rid of his qualms. "And that's okay, my Pokémon do things too." Do things too? Seriously? Betty mentally repeated in shame. She was very prone to random bouts of stupid comments or words, and she just witnessed one.
----
The breeder finally reached the group, hands scooping both his small Pokémon from the ground. Togepi leaped and cried in joy, always content to see more company. Drifloon, of course, remained in place. "Forgive me for being so rude as to forget to mention my own name!" he began, flustered. "My name is Brandon. Yours?"
[h2][/h2]Notes:
Togepi: Teal
Drifloon: DarkOrchid

Last edited:
Back