• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon LV.X ruling help plz

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 12, 2018
Hi I'm new here and new to the pokemon tcg. My friends and I just play for fun right now with no banlist.

My question is about pokemon that are LV.X and if they can level up normal pokemon or only ones with a level? lets use Electivire as a example

"Put this card onto your Active Electivire. Electivire LV. X can use any attack, Pok?-Power, or Pok?-Body from its previous Level."
The first line sounds like any Electivire will do bit the second sounds like a previous level like Electivire Lv 50 will only give it all the effects. Is this how it works please explain for a noob lol

#FirstPostHere

Last edited:
Years
Hi I'm new here and new to the pokemon tcg. My friends and I just play for fun right now with no banlist.

My question is about pokemon that are LV.X and if they can level up normal pokemon or only ones with a level? lets use Electivire as a example

"Put this card onto your Active Electivire. Electivire LV. X can use any attack, Pok?-Power, or Pok?-Body from its previous Level."
The first line sounds like any Electivire will do bit the second sounds like a previous level like Electivire Lv 50 will only give it all the effects. Is this how it works please explain for a noob lol

#FirstPostHere

Any Electivire would work as long as its name is Electivire and not something like Electivire FB.

Also the Lv X for deck list purposes counts as an Electivire rather than a separate card, just a heads up.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 12, 2018
Any Electivire would work as long as its name is Electivire and not something like Electivire FB.

Also the Lv X for deck list purposes counts as an Electivire rather than a separate card, just a heads up.

Thank you so much glad any will do. Not just the ones that have levels will retain old attacks when lv.X is played on top

Back