• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Here is the exact script generated by pokescript...

#org 0x874015A
'-----------------------------------
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 TM03
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 0x1
callstd MSG_FIND ' PLAYER found one XXXXXX!
end

Oh, sorry, I don't use Pokescript anymore. I switched to XSE a while ago. I'm not sure what the problem is. Sorry!

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Hey people, NurseB here.
I was wondering if anybody here knew the default worldmap pallet offset for pokemon firered. I'm inserting the worldmap but I don't know the pallet no, so it's currently all yellow and such.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello, something is really bothering me.

In Hackmew's "StartMapCA" tool, is it possible to change the Y Coordinate? I'm using a FireRed ROM. Also, is it possible to enter 2 digits into the start position coordinates?

Thanks.

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Hello, something is really bothering me.

In Hackmew's "StartMapCA" tool, is it possible to change the Y Coordinate? I'm using a FireRed ROM. Also, is it possible to enter 2 digits into the start position coordinates?

Thanks.

It's really meant for beginner hacks that don't change the starting room but just want the player a few spaces over...I wouldn't suggest using it really.

The best thing you can do is just move the map to fit where you want to start. Like grosser block the whole thing and paste the map a few spots down for the y and over for the x. Method credited to Redriders.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
It's really meant for beginner hacks that don't change the starting room but just want the player a few spaces over...I wouldn't suggest using it really.

The best thing you can do is just move the map to fit where you want to start. Like grosser block the whole thing and paste the map a few spots down for the y and over for the x. Method credited to Redriders.

Hmm. I thought of doing that earlier. Ok then, thanks.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Using PET my ROM crashes when I try to battle YOUNGSTER TOMMY in the RUSTBORO GYM in a RUBY HACK I'm making...

The problem: After he does his speaking part, the battle screen blacks out and he music is heard but nothing can be seen or done beyond that. How do I fix this.

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
One thing I really want to is be able to give the player in a hack a random Pokemon.

I know the basic givepokemon script, for example, a level 5 Bulbasaur is

Givepokemon 1 5 0

However, I want to be able to give the Player a random level 35 Pokemon from ALL the Pokemon in a Firered ROM, including evolutions and legendaries. Is there such a script?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
One thing I really want to is be able to give the player in a hack a random Pokemon.

I know the basic givepokemon script, for example, a level 5 Bulbasaur is

Givepokemon 1 5 0

However, I want to be able to give the Player a random level 35 Pokemon from ALL the Pokemon in a Firered ROM, including evolutions and legendaries. Is there such a script?

You can make the command utilise a variable which holds a random number and then give you the Pokemon that corresponds to it. It would look like this in XSE:

Code:
random 0x0181
copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
addvar 0x8004 0x1 // This is to shift the variable, otherwise it will have a result of 0 at times
compare 0x8004 0xFB
if 0x2 call @HoennPokemon // Skipping the empty Pokemon slots between Celebi and Treecko
givepokemon 0x8004 0x23 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

#org @HoennPokemon
addvar 0x8004 0x1A 
return

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
You can make the command utilise a variable which holds a random number and then give you the Pokemon that corresponds to it. It would look like this in XSE:

Code:
random 0x0181
copyvar 0x8004 0x800D
addvar 0x8004 0x1 // This is to shift the variable, otherwise it will have a result of 0 at times
compare 0x8004 0xFB
if 0x2 call @HoennPokemon // Skipping the empty Pokemon slots between Celebi and Treecko
givepokemon 0x8004 0x23 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

#org @HoennPokemon
addvar 0x8004 0x1A 
return

Thank you! :)

My second question!

I have created a third of a new region for my new hack on a ROM, however as I have done a complete tile revamp I have inserted new tilesets multiple times and I believe this has bugged the ROM, crashing it whenever I goo to a different map IN GAME.

I saved the maps, tilesets, Block palettes and colour palettes into organised folders and transferred them over to a clean Firered ROM. Everything has gone over except when I try and load the blocks for what is currently set as Tileset 2, it instead loads the top blocks from tileset 1 (Nature tileset).

How dfo I do it so it actually loads tileset 2 rather than keep giving me tilesets 1 blocks? As creating the blocks all over again will take hours...

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Is there a list somewhere of ALL of the specials that can be use in XSE for Fire Red? Also a tutorial that covers movement scripting in XSE? I've looked in a few of the scripting tutorials and noene seem to cover these.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Thank you! :)

My second question!

I have created a third of a new region for my new hack on a ROM, however as I have done a complete tile revamp I have inserted new tilesets multiple times and I believe this has bugged the ROM, crashing it whenever I goo to a different map IN GAME.

I saved the maps, tilesets, Block palettes and colour palettes into organised folders and transferred them over to a clean Firered ROM. Everything has gone over except when I try and load the blocks for what is currently set as Tileset 2, it instead loads the top blocks from tileset 1 (Nature tileset).

How dfo I do it so it actually loads tileset 2 rather than keep giving me tilesets 1 blocks? As creating the blocks all over again will take hours...

I believe that importing and exporting blocks from Tileset 2 accidentally imports and exports Tileset 1s blocks in A-map. It's probably a bug or something. The only thing you can do is make them by hand, or copy paste in a hex editor, but I don't know where that kind of data is stored, or even HOW it's stored. If you make the tiles as you go, it isn't so bad, at least.

Is there a list somewhere of ALL of the specials that can be use in XSE for Fire Red? Also a tutorial that covers movement scripting in XSE? I've looked in a few of the scripting tutorials and noene seem to cover these.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=184273 for Specials, and http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276 for Movements.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Thanks to both of you!

One more thing, how do you change the language in Amap and have it stay changed? For some reason the language it opens in isn't english, even though that's what I set it to. I try using the settings menu but every time I close and reopen it it changes back. I'm not sure what language it is but palette is called alabastia.

Last edited:

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Hey, does anybody know where the script for the TV is at the beginning of the game in Ruby, where your mom brings you over to it and goes through a few messages? I've been trying to find the script for it on Advance Map, but I can't seem to. :/

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hey, does anybody know where the script for the TV is at the beginning of the game in Ruby, where your mom brings you over to it and goes through a few messages? I've been trying to find the script for it on Advance Map, but I can't seem to. :/
Download a table file and a hex editor.
Search for the text that is displayed during that script and a pointer to that text which leads you to the script command of "msgbox @text" in which that @text displays the text that is shown during the script. The rest of that script is located before and after the msgbox code.

This sounds probably quite difficult but it's much more simple than you realize. There are bound to be some text editing tutorials here so check one out and see how it's done.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
I know I am reposting this but switching to a different scripter was not helping me...

Hello, not sure if anyone read past the thank you on my last post so I'm just gonna explain my new problem here haha...

When I leave a map via a warp or etc, and then return to said map the items all 'respawn' if you will. How do I stop this? Is it one of the unknowns on A M or a scripting problem?

#org 0x874015A
end

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I know I am reposting this but switching to a different scripter was not helping me...

Hello, not sure if anyone read past the thank you on my last post so I'm just gonna explain my new problem here haha...

When I leave a map via a warp or etc, and then return to said map the items all 'respawn' if you will. How do I stop this? Is it one of the unknowns on A M or a scripting problem?

#org 0x874015A
end

I believe you switched to XSE, so the above script won't accomplish anything. In XSE, you just need to use this script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
giveitem ITEM_TM03 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
end

and give the Item Ball OW a unique person ID.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back