• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina annouced

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I guess Starting August 19th everyone can get Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. Shiny too. For all Gen 5 games. It will happen one pokemon per month it looks like. Who is going to get these? At Gamestop but you already knew that

Dialga 8/9 to 9/8
Palkia 9/9 to 9/29
Giratina 9/30- 10/20

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It starts on my birthday?! Sweet! So much good stuff on my birthday this year! Or wait...no you have the dates listed as starting on the 9th. Nevermind. ): Anyway, this is a gen V event, so it's going to that forum. This is the second time I've had to do this for one of your threads, so please keep in mind that if something is specific to one generation of gaming, it belongs in that gen's forum, not in PGC. This is for things that are in two or more generations.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
It starts on my birthday?! Sweet! So much good stuff on my birthday this year! Or wait...no you have the dates listed as starting on the 9th. Nevermind. ): Anyway, this is a gen V event, so it's going to that forum. This is the second time I've had to do this for one of your threads, so please keep in mind that if something is specific to one generation of gaming, it belongs in that gen's forum, not in PGC. This is for things that are in two or more generations.

ohhh. I thought it would be gaming in general. my bad

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Lol good point. What is SRing?

It's Soft Resetting. I wouldn't feel too bad though, a Shiny you've obtained yourself is always more valuable that one you get automatically from an event.

In any case I'm excited 'cuz I love collecting events and I'm looking forward to RNGing one set of them.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I'm liking this event, I definitely don't mind snagging myself a shiny Giratina! One problem though... They aren't going to be distributed in Australia apparently! x/

Years
While shiny event Pokemon may seem awesome, I will still remain one of those members who can never get their hands on event Pokemon given that I have wonky wi-fi connections.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Now I feel really sorry for the people who spent months SRing for a Shiny Giratina...

I think this is why they shouldn't release shiny legendary events. Destroys peoples hard work.
If anything, They should release event Pokemon with exclusive moves.
Such as Blissey with Seismic Toss for example. As it is near impossible to get that move for Bliss nowadays'

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I think this is why they shouldn't release shiny legendary events. Destroys peoples hard work.

Hard work? It's more a test of patience than hard work. And people usually RNG those shiny legendaries anyway. IMO it's fair to distribute shiny legendaries, it feels like something special and everyone can get them (well everyone within the regions they're distributed in, at least).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It could possibly be a key event for X and Y as well. It happened with the Crown Beasts/Shiny Beasts before Pokemon BW came out.

I for one like the idea, but I am hoping we get Shiny Genesect event as well.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Hard work? It's more a test of patience than hard work.

Personally i think having patience is hard work. {XD}

...it feels like something special and everyone can get them (well everyone within the regions they're distributed in, at least).

This is the main problem. There not distributed world wide, So its not as special as Nintendo would make it out to be. They should have some sort of scheme so that everyone can just "plug N play" at a certain time of the day / night that it wouldn't matter where you are in the world, You could have one (or three) of these guys. Still, I think they could put more effort into their event Pokemon. If anything it is kind of dull the whole shiny legendary Pokemon. I mean, They have done it so many times already.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
This is the main problem. There not distributed world wide, So its not as special as Nintendo would make it out to be. They should have some sort of scheme so that everyone can just "plug N play" at a certain time of the day / night that it wouldn't matter where you are in the world, You could have one (or three) of these guys. Still, I think they could put more effort into their event Pokemon. If anything it is kind of dull the whole shiny legendary Pokemon. I mean, They have done it so many times already.

You're right, I can't get one of them (particularly would choose Dialga and Giratina since I have two games) because the events are far from where I live.

Years
I used to like going in store for events because it was a nice nerdy event with a bunch of other Pokémon fans around. Now you just go up to a creepy little stall in the corner of the shop and it's depressing so I'd rather they just stuck these on wi-fi really.

I may or may not get them depending on when I go to my Game store.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Got very excited when I saw this. I'm really ready for these to come out, will be more events to my collection! :)

As for them being shiny, it really makes no difference to me. Shinies aren't as cool as they used to be, so I see no reason for them to not be shiny.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
While shiny event Pokemon may seem awesome, I will still remain one of those members who can never get their hands on event Pokemon given that I have wonky wi-fi connections.

iirc, you get the Pokemon at GameStop, so you don't have to use your bad wi-fi connection at home. So you could still get it if you want.

Also, this is great information, thanks a lot for this :3

Shiny Legendaries, here I come! >=)

Back