• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Well today We made the titlescreen and changed some graphics, so I hope DJG shows you all some updates. But the titlescreen isn't finished yet ( pallete changes are left to do).
Adios!

Cid

Years
Cool hack! BTW, will you add some DP pokemon like your previous hack (Ruby Destiny:Reign of Legends)? (maybe you can get Mystery Dungeon sprites from the new "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Time and Darkness Exploration Team" in case youll add the DP pkmn and need some sprites...)
Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm a huge fan of Reign of Legends (even before I signed up here) and now I'm a fan of Rescue Rangers too...
Maybe I can help with beta-testing and with mapping (if that's okay with you)...

Last edited:

DiggorysGremlin

Screw Pokemon. Facepunch ftw.
Years
Very nice hack. I downloaded the beta yesterday, and died when I was about to rescue Rose. Then, I went to the Land Of The Dead [Which i think is VERY cool], but when I was about to be ressurected, it welcomed me and my partners to the Hall of Fame. Yea. ??? But still, VERY nice hack. BTW, who is that trainer/lady in the land of the dead?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I took a look at it. It seems interesting, and it'll be more once it's inserted in the game :P

Well, keep it up, DJ! ;)

Thanks so much, zel! =3

I'm still impatient with those trees ;p.
Meh.. This is looking very nice, i'm still wondering about all these features your adding :).
I don't plan on playing until it's almost half into the game, I don't like short betas... Cause you have to keep restarted.
Good luck on this.
get rid of those trees!

Thanks. :)

You are really woking your socks off on this hack, It's been coming along quite fast.

Eheheh... Thanks. :)

Well today We made the titlescreen and changed some graphics, so I hope DJG shows you all some updates. But the titlescreen isn't finished yet ( pallete changes are left to do).
Adios!

Yeah. Thanks C3LEBI.
I'll show them some updates after you send me back the IPS file... ;)

Cool hack! BTW, will you add some DP pokemon like your previous hack (Ruby Destiny:Reign of Legends)? (maybe you can get Mystery Dungeon sprites from the new "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Time and Darkness Exploration Team" in case youll add the DP pkmn and need some sprites...)
Anyway, keep up the good work! I'm a huge fan of Reign of Legends (even before I signed up here) and now I'm a fan of Rescue Rangers too...
Maybe I can help with beta-testing and with mapping (if that's okay with you)...

Thank you so much!
Well, I don't think I'll be adding any D/P PKMNs anymore, but it depends in the flow of time.
Thanks for the suggestion, btw. :)

Very nice hack. I downloaded the beta yesterday, and died when I was about to rescue Rose. Then, I went to the Land Of The Dead [Which i think is VERY cool], but when I was about to be ressurected, it welcomed me and my partners to the Hall of Fame. Yea. ??? But still, VERY nice hack. BTW, who is that trainer/lady in the land of the dead?

I forgot to edit/fix that place. Thanks. :)
That woman was WALLY's mother.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ahahahah... No.
I forgot to remove her there... I was planning on changing her OverWorld for Devihell, but I guess I forgot! xD

Anyways, I'm still waiting for C3LEBI to finish the pallete editing before I can move on...

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
very GOOD

I love the story its very intreging. I am looking forwaed to playing this. Great job keep it up Ace-

sparcloud

My game: Pokemon L Version
Years
heh heh
i went to the land of the dead on pupose so i could battle
team meanies twice

anyway here are a couple of glitches that i found because i am
glitchman da da da da da dan
yay its glitch man .........
sorry anyway

glitch1.jpg

base of tree has top of other tree and 1 next to it as well
glitch2.jpg

tree go bye bye
glitch3.jpg

text off screen (found lots of others as well but no pics)
glitch4.jpg

this is all the way along here
glitch5.jpg

glitch6.jpg

this is the desert part ( you can battle these people)

also when you use cut you turn human

~sparcloud~

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
thanks for these findings! ;)
Though I already know some of those. Thanks again! ;)

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
Years
Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers! Chip and Dale, when there's danger! (Sorry, couldn't resist XD)

This hack looks good, or it has potential anyways. Keep up your work. I'd hate to see this hack go unfinished like so many others :(

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Max Revive is a berry now and how far does this Beta go?

I still like the hack keep it up

Sorry, but I already fied that Max Revive in the Berry slot. :D

The beta has 4 missions, until Rose's special event in Garden Field. ;)

Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers! Chip and Dale, when there's danger! (Sorry, couldn't resist XD)

This hack looks good, or it has potential anyways. Keep up your work. I'd hate to see this hack go unfinished like so many others :(

Nah~ It's alright. That's where I took the name, from Chip And Dales. :D
I love them.

And also, I ain't planning on quitting on this one. :)
So don't worry...

Hm... My team's kinda passive lately...
Here's an update. The remap of the first part of Green hills' special event. I ain't telling what, and you'll be the one's to find out! :D

The graphic editing ain't finished yet, so please bear with me. :)

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Ok then like the map so far and the game i forgot this before but i caught a pidgey can you get rid of this from your team?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok then like the map so far and the game i forgot this before but i caught a pidgey can you get rid of this from your team?

you used the ultra ball you found in Fortune Valley, right? :\
There's no way for me to remove it...
Tha's why I'm waiting for someone to report if they found any catching items in the beta...

Thanks~

update: I just finished the 2nd Green Hill Event map. Only one more to go. :D

sparcloud

My game: Pokemon L Version
Years
just a few more glitches
glitch8.jpg

your reflection is also in the rock to the left
glitch7.jpg

You probably can't fix this

glitchman away >>>>>>>>>>

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
okay pipz, hello and I'm here to bring some updates...
I just finished mapping Green Hills' Event Maps... And tomorrow I'll script the event.
After that I'll map the 'real' Green Hills. :D

Also, I just successfully inserted the three main legendaries of Rescue Rangers, which are Angeallen-Guardian of Heaven, Devihell-Guardian of Hell and Breatherna-Guardian of Life... Here are there sprites.

There will be 5 custom-made legendaries to add, and I'm waiting for Keyrin/Esmas to finish the 4th one while Benevolent Wings for the other one.
That would be all. Thanks pipz! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back