• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Full control of the Hoenn Pokedex in R/S/E?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm sure if anybody has been interested in Pokedex editing, you'll notice that if you edit the Hoenn Dex numbers in R/S/E with a hex editor or Team Snagem's tool, the Hoenn Pokedex looks EXACTLY the same in-game.

Now can anyone figure out why this happens? It appears that the Hoenn Pokedex numbers are directly tied to the National Dex numbers (starting at #252), which doesn't really make much sense considering that the Hoenn Dex from #001-202 is different than the National Dex from #252-386. I've tried messing up stuff with a hex editor, but the only way I've been able to change the Hoenn Dex is modifying the National Dex number.

Also with a hex editor, I replaced all of the Hoenn Dex numbers with 00 (basically, I blanked out the Hoenn Dex), but the Hoenn Dex still looked EXACTLY the same in-game. The only way I've been able to actually change the order of the Hoenn Dex is if I modify the National Dex numbers.

So is there any way to edit the Hoenn Dex to any order you want, WITHOUT editing the National Dex? Obviously there's some list somewhere in the game, but I think it's ASM related, and can't be edited with a hex editor.

Last edited:
Back