• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Generation PIDRNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazer

Geek in the Pink
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
I'm RNGing for a shiny stationary in White2 on a DS Lite. I really want to get this over with, as I got the game a few weeks after it came out and I'm stuck only because I want a certain shiny. Since X and Y are almost out, I really want to get my White 2 finished. I found a pretty good seed, so I enter it into the reporter and start at the calculated starting frame. I set my DS date and time up to minutes. I set the clock on my DS and count the seconds by looking at the analog clock on the starting screen. I wait until it gets to the correct second and then hit the game to enter. I do not hold buttons until after the Game Freak screen and then hit "A" to progress forward. After that, I got in without the C-Gear. Then, I progress my frames but the Chatot never made the correct noises nor get the shiny when I meet my Pokemon. What did I do wrong? I'm pretty sure it has some problems with timing and not hitting the frames correctly; I think I should redo my parameters.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Sorry hun, while your issues DOES concern the Fifth generation, this isn't really a place to discuss all of that, due to the fact that the website actually has a thread just for this issue, located here: The Art of RNG. There you will find help at a pretty speedy pace, and their guide may even help you highlight some of the issues you seem to be having.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back