• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Scizor.

Trapinch family for Dragon/Bug retyping?
Every time I look at the Trapinch line, I always get reminded of bug-type Pokémon. If they were to get re-typed to bug at some point in the future, then I honestly wouldn't mind at all; it would make a lot of sense to me. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if GameFreak would ever consider doing it though. If they wanted to do that, then it would've been done a long time ago. d:

TheHerculieanHero96

Dat Mega Heracross doh
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
Preferred username: HerculieanHero
Partner Pokemon: Heracross
Favorite Move: Megahorn, it beats the crap outta anything
Why love bug type: They're extremely powerful
Current question: Dragon and Bug ... Make it look like Mothora from Godzilla

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Scizor.

Trapinch family for Dragon/Bug retyping?
Every time I look at the Trapinch line, I always get reminded of bug-type Pokémon. If they were to get re-typed to bug at some point in the future, then I honestly wouldn't mind at all; it would make a lot of sense to me. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if GameFreak would ever consider doing it though. If they wanted to do that, then it would've been done a long time ago. d:

Welcome to the club. Heck yeah, Scizor is an awesome partner. Quick, lethal and even had its own Mega form. I love using Scizor in battle, has so many powerful moves. I would like to see Trapinch's line become part Bug, it only makes sense. There are Pokemon that were reclassified that are from Kanto and Johto, so Trapinch and its evolutions aren't unlikely to get a change either.

Preferred username: HerculieanHero
Partner Pokemon: Heracross
Favorite Move: Megahorn, it beats the crap outta anything
Why love bug type: They're extremely powerful
Current question: Dragon and Bug ... Make it look like Mothora from Godzilla

Welcome to the club. Heracross is a great partner as well, and also has its own Mega form. I love using Megahorn, don't you? I not only have Heracross learn it, but others like Nidoking, Rhyperior and Rapidash in case I get in a tight spot with a Psychic and/or Dark type. I just Googled that Mothra thing. It's scary alright, scary enough to be both a Bug and a Dragon.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I have deleted my old post and re-added my Bug teams. I have 3 in total now.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Preferred username: Um, Tiara, but you can call me Rosie! ^^

Partner Pokémon: Leavanny.

Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Scolipede, Leavanny, Volcarona, Shuckle, Ledian, Scizor. I won't pick moves because... I don't really care. xD

Answer the current topic: Are you upset with the lack of Bug-types in the new generation? What kind of Bug-type would you love to see be made?

I reckon they isolated them a bit and they didn't get much attention but it wasn't too bad. C: But I would like to see something akin to Leavanny, light green, some yellow, cute, looks graceful. :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
*Warns her own club she might be slightly inactive

Joins a new club*

:P Just kidding, welcome!

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

I love them bug's, but not in real life. xD If someone chases me around with a cocoon I'll scream so loud that people think there's a murder going on. xD But I have to admit, there are some pretty adorable ones...

LIKE SLATERS!!! <3 <3 <3 Or Pill Bugs, from where the hell y'all from. xD But yeah, why didn't they make a Slater Pokemon yet? ;-;

Wicked3DS

Years
For some reason I thought there was one like that, but I looked and I guess there isn't :P that would be pretty cool though. I think they should make one based off of click beetles. Those things are so fun to mess around with. It could learn the move Bounce, obviously :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
alaus_myops.jpg

Those things? Eww, no thank you! If there was a Pokémon version of this I think I'd run out of the room crying. I usually like bugs and I've got no problem at all with things like spiders or moths being on me, but that thing just looks so dirty and foul and eugh. Makes me shudder a little too think of training one! I think I'd prefer to see a stick insect Pokémon (unless there already is one and I'm being incredibly dumb) since it could get a lot of interesting builds, perhaps even a whole Pokémon based on evasion?

Wicked3DS

Years
What?! They're awesome! You flip them on their backs and they click, bounce into the air and land on their feet and just keep crawling around like nothing happened.

Nakala Pri

For some reason I thought there was one like that, but I looked and I guess there isn't :P that would be pretty cool though. I think they should make one based off of click beetles. Those things are so fun to mess around with. It could learn the move Bounce, obviously :P

Flygon is kinda like a dragonfly, isn't he? I love dragonflies but in Pokemon, the star of the show is butterflies and moth's. ;-; But yuuuuus, we need beetles! ;c

alaus_myops.jpg

Those things? Eww, no thank you! If there was a Pokémon version of this I think I'd run out of the room crying. I usually like bugs and I've got no problem at all with things like spiders or moths being on me, but that thing just looks so dirty and foul and eugh. Makes me shudder a little too think of training one! I think I'd prefer to see a stick insect Pokémon (unless there already is one and I'm being incredibly dumb) since it could get a lot of interesting builds, perhaps even a whole Pokémon based on evasion?

Sure, they look gross but it's what in the inside that counts. xD Actually, if one crawled on me I'd run screaming but he isn't tooooo bad, can't be any worse then the German Roaches we get around here... and yus, we smash their friggin' faces in. xD

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
Of course they look gross when you have a picture zoomed in that far! They really aren't that bad and if you saw what I was talking about you'd love them. They're really small so it's not like they'll scare you by their size :P

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Um, Tiara, but you can call me Rosie! ^^

Partner Pokémon: Leavanny.

Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Scolipede, Leavanny, Volcarona, Shuckle, Ledian, Scizor. I won't pick moves because... I don't really care. xD

Answer the current topic: Are you upset with the lack of Bug-types in the new generation? What kind of Bug-type would you love to see be made?

I reckon they isolated them a bit and they didn't get much attention but it wasn't too bad. C: But I would like to see something akin to Leavanny, light green, some yellow, cute, looks graceful. :D

Welcome to the club. Leavanny is pretty cool. I loved Ash's Leavanny in the anime, delicate grassy bug. Burgh's Leavanny was pretty awesome too in battle. Aw, show us what moves they have, bet they're awesome. I am hoping more Bugs come out when this supposed Pokemon Z game is released (if it's a real game) or when generation VII comes out in a few years. What kind of Bug would that be that is like/resembles Leavanny?

Ooh, that brown dirty-looking bug...gross. Kill it with fire!!

Years
I wouldn't mind a click beetle Pokemon. Bug Pokemon aren't exactly very scary so just because it seems kind of eek in real life doesn't mean it would be in Pokemon. On that note, one of the only bugs that actually scares me even a little bit is mega Pinsir and Heracross, more so the former.

110118-mega-pinsir-twitter.jpg

Uuugh. What do you guys think?

Wicked3DS

Years
I agree about the fact that Pokémon aren't really scary...but that Mega Pinsir would be pretty terrifying. They did a good job with the scary factor on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back