• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold Sigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 23, 2017
i really like this hack. spend like 30 hours in the last 2 days on it and i'm in Viridian City now and found a bug there. There is a building on the right with lots of flowers in it and there is a girl named Florinda talking about her chansey and that she wants to show me how strong it is, but when the fight starts the enemy is a pokemaniac with a lvl 11 slowpoke.
I'm looking forward to the new update and hope its coming soon :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
This hack is great but there is one thing that makes absolutely no sense to me - the levels. I was in the Team Rocket Hideout in Mahogany town where I battled a team rocket grunt who had a level 49 Pokémon. That was about 10 trainer battles after defeating Jasmine, a gym leader, who had her highest level as 39. The very next team rocket grunt I faced in the hideout had a level 23 grimer. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Last edited:
Years
How come most of the major Trainers, like Red and your Rival at the beginning of the game, when you fight them most of their Pokemon know Double Team?

I seem to recall this happening also in the original Shiny Gold by ZEL years ago. Because I think the most tedious thing about this is that if most of the major Trainers have Pokemon that know Double Team, it tends to get annoying as most of your attacks never seem to land 80% of the time, even when the attack in question has 100% accuracy.

Is this just a means to make the battles more difficult? If so, that kind of seems like a bad move. Why not just slightly bump up the Trainer's Pokemon levels up a bit or make their AI a bit better than most Trainers? Because I think seeing Silver use his starter and having him spam Double Team repeatedly will just annoy most people as they want to be able to beat him and progress.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
Great rom hack! Will the hack have PSS Split in future updates? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
How come most of the major Trainers, like Red and your Rival at the beginning of the game, when you fight them most of their Pokemon know Double Team?

I seem to recall this happening also in the original Shiny Gold by ZEL years ago. Because I think the most tedious thing about this is that if most of the major Trainers have Pokemon that know Double Team, it tends to get annoying as most of your attacks never seem to land 80% of the time, even when the attack in question has 100% accuracy.

Is this just a means to make the battles more difficult? If so, that kind of seems like a bad move. Why not just slightly bump up the Trainer's Pokemon levels up a bit or make their AI a bit better than most Trainers? Because I think seeing Silver use his starter and having him spam Double Team repeatedly will just annoy most people as they want to be able to beat him and progress.

This is my fave gold hack but this is the most annoying thing in the hack. Also i have played it 3times and loved it every time only thing missing are some new moves and maybe better level curve, then i will do a 4th run.
Thx for the fun ;)

Bela

Banned
Years
I'm closing this thread temporarily, until the thread owner is able to address re-uploading this hack in a patch format. As per the rules,
The Rules said:
While downloads are not required, if they are present they must be in patch form. The distribution of ROM files (.GBA, .NDS, .CIA, etc.) is illegal, and completely forbidden on the PokéCommunity.

Additionally, I have removed a link to this hack's Facebook page, as this also contains a download to your ROM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Played the hack for the second time now and i've gotten to orange islands. The first time i played I managed to do most of the story in Kanto without defeating the first elite 4 in Johto.
Not sure how I skipped a major part of the story. I started over after i beat the first elite 4 because i forgot i had to save in game and not with save states.

My second turn playing this hack I think i skipped a part of the story again since i got to Lavender town before getting rid of the ghosts. And when i entered the Cave i entered the wrong way into the kangaskhan event.

Some bugs worth fixing:
- In orange island the trainers keep fighting me even though i already fought them. I can barely get around Kumquat island without the trainers spotting me over and over again.
- I can't fly to New Bark Town (I could the first time i played)
- I haven't tried but if you go south of Fuchsia and jump over the ledge without strength or fly im pretty sure you are stuck. Same goes with the end of victory road if you go from Kanto. If you dont have rock smash and no way out you are stuck.
- I got 999 Carbos out of nowhere
- When i entered the cave cobalion was in he was invisible so i pressed A to see if it was a hidden pokeball. After i caught him he didnt disappear and i could fight/capture him again.
- Tapu Bulu is also invisible in the forest. Just randomly bumped in to something when i was walking there. Starting to wonder if i walked by more legendaries.
- I somehow restarted the story again by talking to professor elm. He wants me to talk to mr. pokemon and when i call i says he found out stuff about eggs. I also go to pick a starter again.
This is just some of the bugs i can remember right now but there's way more.

I love the hack but this is whats bothering me the most.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 24, 2018
snover / abomasnow is learning bulbasaur moves. and when it enters the hall of fame appears the photo of a bulbasaur.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
OK what kind of glitch is this?

I got phone calls from the trainers and their pokemon are at level 65/70! And i haven't beaten the elite 4 yet

Also people who i beat but haven't registered their numbers said they were "waiting for me"

Also where i can catch Kabuto? In Mahogany town via rod? And what rod should i use?

Update

So i beat Will but my game save turned black, i have one bad egg, it is becuase of this or what?

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
The bad EGG is spreading..what to do?

I already have 2 bad eggs in my pokemon shiny gold sigma, what should i do to remove them? And will they spread into more bad EGGs and fill up my PC? Please help

Years
The Bad Egg will spread and I heard that it freezes the game forever (If you saved after you got the Egg.) Also there is no way to get rid of it.

System32Error

Shiny Hunting Freak
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 9, 2018
Sorry Entei Fan, as PokemonPlushGamer said, it'll just keep duplicating over and over until the game is unplayable. Sorry to hear it's causing you problems though, it wrecked one of my challenge runs :c

Years
Things may not be as bleak as they sound right now. I have lived with 5 bad eggs for several months in my pc and my game is still running, the graphics are unchanged, my Pokemon are the same, there was no game freeze. The eggs have not taken over and spread everywhere. The extent of the duplication was one extra egg.

Trying to handle the bad egg is more likely to cause trouble than just leaving it alone. The worst stories I have heard about bad eggs come from people who withdrew the egg, kept it in their party and perhaps even hatched it or tried to remove items from it.

What I would advise based on my personal experience is to leave the eggs where they are. You can't release them. Avoid viewing their summaries to be extra safe-- there are reports that opening the data can sometimes trigger the game to freeze, though this did not happen to me. Most importantly keep your Pokemon at a safe distance, I store mine a box or two away from bad eggs.

I would also recommend reaching out on the Rom Hack section too so you can get in touch with more players of Shiny Gold Sigma who might be going through the exact same thing and can offer you their expertise.

Good luck, I hope you are able to get back to enjoying your game.

Reactions: BH

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Things may not be as bleak as they sound right now. I have lived with 5 bad eggs for several months in my pc and my game is still running, the graphics are unchanged, my Pokemon are the same, there was no game freeze. The eggs have not taken over and spread everywhere. The extent of the duplication was one extra egg.

Trying to handle the bad egg is more likely to cause trouble than just leaving it alone. The worst stories I have heard about bad eggs come from people who withdrew the egg, kept it in their party and perhaps even hatched it or tried to remove items from it.

What I would advise based on my personal experience is to leave the eggs where they are. You can't release them. Avoid viewing their summaries to be extra safe-- there are reports that opening the data can sometimes trigger the game to freeze, though this did not happen to me. Most importantly keep your Pokemon at a safe distance, I store mine a box or two away from bad eggs.

I would also recommend reaching out on the Rom Hack section too so you can get in touch with more players of Shiny Gold Sigma who might be going through the exact same thing and can offer you their expertise.

Good luck, I hope you are able to get back to enjoying your game.

Thank you, your post cheered me up

@PokemonPlushGamer

Nope, i've seen videos and the article on bulbapedia, Bad eggs CAN be removed

Update

Darn, a third bad egg apeared, i hope it wouldn't spread till april

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
just reporting bug :
1. when i tried to waking up snorlax near digletts cave using pokeflute, game suddenly freezed
2. after defeated all kanto gym leader and go to rematch elite four, when i entered elite four four room, im "trapped" in there, cannot move/go forward or back to previous room

i already playing latest version and following walktrough

I'm having the same issue as #2 above. After beating all eight Kanto gym leaders and going back to the Indigo Plateau for the E4 rematch, I enter the first E4 room and am stuck there - I can't go anywhere, and I have no idea what to do about it. Has the creator checked this out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back