• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Hopeless Trainer Editor

KingRazor

Pokemon Master Since 1999
Years
Not working for me, it shows an error when I start the program:
fdghfdfdss.png

My PC is Windows 7 Professional x64.

Getting what looks like the same error on Windows 10 (1703) with .NET 4.7:

Error_zpso1ulz5or.png

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 20, 2019
I downloaded this and I'm not quite sure how to use it. How do I get trainers into the list on the left? And what about the player character's sprites? Will this work with designing those? (I will also need something to design their overworld sprites too.) I'll take whatever help's availible. Thanks in advance!

LucyRRoth

Smash player!
Years
Hi! I'm using pokefreak's rombase as my foundation, however, even with editing my ini, I can't seem to get this to work. I can open most other roms(clean emerald, for example) fine, however, it just won't open the rombase i'm using or mrdollsteaks.
I keep getting a popup menu that simply says "There was an error opening the rom"
Is my problem with the ini? I feel like i have all the right numbers.

pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=367402 <-- Here's a link to the rombase i am using

Years
Hey this is really neat! Just a question though and I thought this would be an appropriate place to ask, if I were to add more pokemon a trainers party, would I go to the next trainers offset and just add the amount of bytes I added to the previous trainers? Also, I problem I see is that if I add to this list I'm going to eventually run into the pointer sets for pokemons evolution and learnsets if I were to add 6 party teams of pokemons to all trainers/gym leaderes. Would I then have to add/move to those offsets as well or can I just move that whole segment into an empty section? I thought I understood pointers until I wanted to modify them and their data banks lol.

Edit:
Or could I possible use the empty space given and have the pointers point there?! :O! #eurekamaybe! lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2020
I have a question: say that I already used Sappy to replace a song: specifically I replaced song 329 which is titled "Mystery Connection" in FireRed to a different song.

So how do I go to Hopeless Trainer Editor, how do I assign a trainer to play that song? Do I do it from the Hopeless Trainer Editor Music box (and if so, which song number should it be?)

Or do I have to edit the pre-existing code from that trainer? For example: say that I edited the "I like wearing shorts" kid right after you beat brock, I want to replace his generic trainer song to the one I just installed in the game (being 329 "Mystery Connection" in Sappy).

How do I do it?

chris burton

Super Nerd
Years
Hey apologies if I'm bumping an old thread, but I just can't get this to work. It won't open or recognise any ROM's. Reading the thread other people have had the same problem. Does anyone have *any* help or suggestions.

Alternatively, does anyone know any good Trainer Editors with automatic repointing that work with all Gen III ROMS? I used to use Advance Trainer, which was fantastic, but that stopped working. People kept telling me to 'edit the ini' but no version I could download had an ini to edit.

Any help would be much appreciated, it's really frustrating.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Aug 1, 2018
I think the "method not found system array empty" error (like in the above post) is solved if you update .NET framework to 4.6.1.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Here's a link to UnnamedTrainerEditor, the best one out there. I found it in this reddit post, in the comments.

Downloaded this but gives an error message regarding 'minimum and maximum values' when a rom is loaded.

Also HTE has been giving me the same 'unhandled exception' error that many of you seem to be facing. From what I gather it can be fixed by upgrading .net 4.something...but I have no idea what that means either. Help would be appreciated.

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
Downloaded this but gives an error message regarding 'minimum and maximum values' when a rom is loaded.

Also HTE has been giving me the same 'unhandled exception' error that many of you seem to be facing. From what I gather it can be fixed by upgrading .net 4.something...but I have no idea what that means either. Help would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyQVS-2gCc
here ya go

Draconic_Dragon12

SalamenceLvX or simply Salamence
Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
I need help, I have tried to open 2 pokemon fire red roms downloaded off of 2 different websites and neither load up in this tool, it works for a pokemon fire red rom hack I play but not with fresh new roms

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Is there a tool that allows you to add shinies to trainer parties? UTE and other tools on this board all seem to lack a shininess button, but I've seen multiple shinies in Gen III fanhacks. Is there an easy way to do this manually if not with one of these programs?

Years
This program does not work with hacks that have custom moves, i reckon? Or at least i can't get it to cooperate with them.

Years
If you can add an option to export all trainers, the tool will get better than it is (As for practicality). By the way, it's the best one that currently exists.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2019
From the looks of it this tool is working really well for everyone, so I would really like to try it. But I can't even open my fire red rom on it. Any advice or anyone else who has tried this?

Back