• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just for future reference, any time you change your time/dates on your DS or switch to a different DS you won't be able to use anything time-based for 24h to potentially a week in some cases.
For the record, Join Avenue shopping is not allowed after changing clocks or systems as well. It's usually turned on by the next day. I have no information on whether changing systems with a few minutes left in the day will allow you shopping the next day as per normal.

This will eat at me at one point if I have to change a date for something on the other system.

Cyclone

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
For the record, Join Avenue shopping is not allowed after changing clocks or systems as well. It's usually turned on by the next day. I have no information on whether changing systems with a few minutes left in the day will allow you shopping the next day as per normal.

This will eat at me at one point if I have to change a date for something on the other system.

Cyclone
Well the Join Avenue is time based :P, and iirc it has to be 24h after you do the change, it does not work if you do it before the next day starts. It has to wait till its been at least 24h since the change.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years

Cyclone

Yes, I couldn't shop on Join Avenue when I did that. Everything sold there was apparently "sold out", preventing me from buying anything.

From what I remember reading, two midnights have to pass before everything time based going back to normal.

Yeap, I had to wait two midnights instead of one before everything went back to normal. It's strange though since the game said to wait only one day.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes, I couldn't shop on Join Avenue when I did that. Everything sold there was apparently "sold out", preventing me from buying anything.

Yeap, I had to wait two midnights instead of one before everything went back to normal. It's strange though since the game said to wait only one day.
I will ask this, then, as I already worried that was the case: do you still get your usual visitorship that day? As in, do new people still visit for shop recommendations or to otherwise set up shop? Since getting to Join Avenue, I've had to be wary about changing systems to play, but at the same time don't really shop at Join Avenue very often (I'll do some of the friendship-based things while evolving those Pokémon, but you are in fact forbidden to buy them if your Pokémon is already friendly). It's a quick matter to stock Moo Moo Milks and I can get Fresh Water from the machine in an emergency, though I stockpile Lemonade from my movie career. LMAO

Further question: is the Nursery available in Join Avenue pre-E4? Haven't seen the line for it yet.

Cyclone

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I will ask this, then, as I already worried that was the case: do you still get your usual visitorship that day? As in, do new people still visit for shop recommendations or to otherwise set up shop? Since getting to Join Avenue, I've had to be wary about changing systems to play, but at the same time don't really shop at Join Avenue very often (I'll do some of the friendship-based things while evolving those Pokémon, but you are in fact forbidden to buy them if your Pokémon is already friendly). It's a quick matter to stock Moo Moo Milks and I can get Fresh Water from the machine in an emergency, though I stockpile Lemonade from my movie career. LMAO

Further question: is the Nursery available in Join Avenue pre-E4? Haven't seen the line for it yet.

Cyclone

No, it isn't. Partly due to the fact that the Day Care isn't available before the E4 either.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Cyclone

Both Shop Restock and Visitors are time based events that reset every 24 hours, or rather at Midnight (I've shopped at 11:50 PM and then again at 12:10 AM before in one sitting.) So if you mess with your settings or change systems, then they both stop for a full 24 hours since last save after the changes were made.

Nursery is Post E4. You can't unlock it until you beat the E4.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
I will ask this, then, as I already worried that was the case: do you still get your usual visitorship that day?

Cyclone

The fans didn't appear for that two midnights as well. I'm not really sure about people from the GTS and C-Gear passer-bys encountered during the penalty period though. (Encountering people in the Dream World on Join Avenue wasn't possible since Game Sync wasn't allowed during the penalty period.)

And yeap, what the above two posters have said.

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
Years
Story wise, do you need to finish B/W1 before starting B/W2? Or can you still understand what is going on and not be totally lost.

I haven't gotten vary far in either B/W1 and was trying to decide if I should get B/W2.

Years
I really want to evolve my Growlithe...so does anyone know when I can find my first fire stone? I am almost to the Desert Resort, will one be there?

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
Story wise, do you need to finish B/W1 before starting B/W2? Or can you still understand what is going on and not be totally lost.

I haven't gotten vary far in either B/W1 and was trying to decide if I should get B/W2.
I myself haven't gotten too far in B/W1, but I'm now about half way through B/W2 and honestly there hasn't really been much to get lost with. Very little seems to be actually happening. Not completely finishing B/W has not lowered my entertainment from B/W2 though.

Edit:

I really want to evolve my Growlithe...so does anyone know when I can find my first fire stone? I am almost to the Desert Resort, will one be there?
You will find a Firestone in the Desert Resort. I don't suggest you evolve the Growlithe early though considering Arcanine learns very little moves compared to Growlithe's move options.

Years
ok Gotcha! Thanks for helping me out :D
Much appreciated.

Yea I was going to wait till she was level 30-35, just wanted to have it ready in case I decide to change my mind and evolve early hahaha

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You will find a Firestone in the Desert Resort. I don't suggest you evolve the Growlithe early though considering Arcanine learns very little moves compared to Growlithe's move options.
This goes with any stone evolution, actually. Starmie for instance stops learning Staryu's movelist upon evolution.

Cyclone

Years
Level help

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I just got white 2 and black 2 for christmas and have been playing white 2 so far. I have been doing pretty well, had a few rough spots with the 3rd gym, but I got through. The trouble is, as the title implies, my team is always lower levels than the rest of the trainers, even the wild Pokemon. So I need some advice on how to keep my guys levels up at the right level. I gave the exp share to my lowest level and that has helped a bit, but for the other guys, they don't get much exp because of that. So what do you all suggest I do?

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
grind my friend. grind.

when ever you are in a new area, level the rest of your team up to the highest leveled member of your team. also, take advantage of the times you are teamed up with another trainer. you an grind and grind and they will keep healing your pokemon after every battle.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
Why does the billboard at gates not show any Pokémon swarms/outbreaks sometimes? I thought it was supposed to be a daily event.

Thinking about it now, I think it might have been a Quagsire swarm on Route 8 (near Icirrus City). However, since the swamp is not accessible during Winter, the swarm isn't accessible as well. I'm not sure if this is the reason, but it could be one of the possibilities.

Yea I was going to wait till she was level 30-35, just wanted to have it ready in case I decide to change my mind and evolve early hahaha

Growlithe can learn Outrage at Level 43. If you're patient enough, you could let her learn that. :)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Thinking about it now, I think it might have been a Quagsire swarm on Route 8 (near Icirrus City). However, since the swamp is not accessible during Winter, the swarm isn't accessible as well. I'm not sure if this is the reason, but it could be one of the possibilities.

Some days simply don't have swarms.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Some days simply don't have swarms.
You have confirmed this outside of winter?

I know in B/W having no swarm automatically meant the swarm was in Route 8 (Croagunk), and inaccessible, thus causing no swarm for the day.

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back