• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [SU+OOC]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Danger on the S.S. Anne

No Spaces Remaining!
Rating: T

s_s__anne_remake_by_peekychew-d3raga7.png

Introduction:
I've been sitting on this idea for a while now, and thought that the great cruise of the S.S. Anne could become a premise for a roleplay. This roleplay is a mix of Journey-style and a competition, posts need to be made for the events however there will be adequate time for this (hopefully a week).​

Plot:
Two mysterious characters have been handing out luxury cruise tickets, for free! Trainers from all over the Kanto region have been invited onboard the cruise liner, S.S. Anne, for a month of battling, good food and a well deserved holiday. The liner will make occasional stops, serving both as a means of day trips around Kanto (and allows for late passengers to board!). This will also provide a change to capture new Pokémon, as the variety at sea isn't that diverse.

Unfortunately, if you recall the anime, this trip may not go as smoothly as expected. A troublesome group are on board, who will stop at nothing to steal the relaxing trainers' Pokémon. Unfortunately it looks like they have have infiltrated your ranks, enjoying themselves around you and learning your habits and weaknesses. Things are about to get dangerous on the S.S. Anne​

You:
Come one, come all! You are a trainer from the Kanto region (although you can originate from elsewhere if you wish) who has been invited to Viridian City for the launching of the brilliant cruise liner, the S.S. Anne. It's unsinkable, probably.

At first your role is to interact and have fun, however as the game progresses and the plot unfolds you will have to work together to find the intruder among you. One character, at this point in the game (not the beginning), will be secretly labelled as the impostor. Only myself and the character's owner will know. At that stage the RP gets a bit darker, and every week or so a vote will happen.​

The Vote:
The vote will happen OOC, however your Characters are free to voice their opinions IC. Players will pick one character that they feel could be impostor. If the vote is successful then the game is over! But let's hope that doesn't happen too soon. If the group collectively vote for someone innocent however... the impostor is free to meddle with the ship and the trainers.

At the end of a vote there will be a 'Results' post, which will be written by myself with help from the intruder-character's player. Each post will end with something substantial happening in response to the vote - Pokémon may be stolen, people might be injured, or worse...​

Stop-off Locations:
Spoiler:

S.S. Anne Rooms:
Spoiler:

Rules:
General:
  • All PC rules apply.
  • No Godmodding or Bunnying.
  • T-Rated, so keep swearing to a minimal and bare this in mind. If in doubt about what you can post feel free to ask.
  • If I ask you to change something, please do so.
  • The impostor MUST remain secret. If the secret gets out it is very hard to reassign it to someone else.
  • You start with a maximum of three Pokémon. However, you can trade Pokémon with other characters (or some NPCs I will introduce) or catch new ones (see below).

Battling/Capturing Pokémon:
Spoiler:

List of 'Standard' moves which do not contribute to the 4 moves of choice.:
Spoiler:

Character:
Full Name:
Age (16+):
Appearance: Photo/Paragraph
Personality: Paragraph
Biography: Detailed please! Min. 2 Paragraphs

Pokémon (Max 3)
Species:
Nickname:
Level: [Level Cap: 40] Be realistic! If you are a beginning trainer you won't have three level 30 Pokémon. Remember your three Pokémon can be different levels.
Moveset: Any four moves that the Pokémon could have learnt, from it's level (BW Pokédex). You may inclue one bonus Egg Move or TM move. Remember that standard moves do not count to your moveset - see the Rules section for more details.
Personality: Paragraph
Short Bio: About a paragraph would be good.

Accepted Players:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi Swifty... you know I'm handing in my reservation for this! :) I'll get an SU up by tomorrow or tomorrow night! :D

Although it doesn't say how many "players" you're accepting so I assume it's unlimited. Whether or not, count me in. ^____^

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I look forward to your SU Megan! Just a note I have added 'Abilities' to the Pokémon SU, to add a bit more diversity. It can be a useful tool in writing as well.

I've also clarified that there are 12 spots available at the moment!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Awww, this looks fun~! Reserve me? :3

Of course ^-^

I have put more details up about how the movesets are working, in the first post. Basically:

Nickname: Bulby
Level: 15
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Poison Powder, Take Down.

In this example you can see I have looked at the moves a lv 15 Bulbasaur would know, underlined simple moves (which are found in a spoiler in the top post) and then chosen four other moves.

Hope that's ok :3 Any questions feel free to ask!

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
This looks like a really cool idea! It's kind of like a dinner theater style (I'd say murder mystery but I don't think there's going to be murder), which is really interesting. I'll reserve a slot if that's okay.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
This looks like a really cool idea! It's kind of like a dinner theater style (I'd say murder mystery but I don't think there's going to be murder), which is really interesting. I'll reserve a slot if that's okay.

Who knows ;]. Anywho, you are certainly reserved a place :)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
This looks really cool :3 can I reserve

Edit: Done :3

Full Name: Giselle O'Brien

Hometown: Undella Town

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Giselle stands at 5'4 and weighs the average weight for a girl her age. Her skin is pale and her large brown eyes stand out against her skin. Her hair is blonde in color and naturally curly and a small part of her hair on the left side is in a little mini ponytail. The upper part of both her ears are pierced with silver rings. Giselle dresses in a tank top that is a medium shade of pink, light pink, and light gold in color on the stripes and dot pattern. She wears a pair of jean short shorts and has a tattoo that is seen right at the bottom of her shorts on her left leg. The tattoo is a small pink heart with angel wings below it. She wears a pair of dark pink ballet flat shoes that has a ribbon of the same color that ties up part of her leg.

Personality: Giselle is a very sweet and kind girl...to those she likes. Though getting her to like you can be hard. Giselle is a hard person to impress and is usually cold to people until they do so due to her hard childhood. Giselle holds a strong love and respect for Pokemon and if she sees someone either trying to take someone else's Pokemon or mistreating their own she will act and it won't be pretty. She may not look like much but Giselle is skilled in Martial Arts. If you manage to impress her you will never find a better friend. Giselle is caring and kind to her friends and also very protective of them. She would stand between her friends and anything to keep them from harm.

If your not lucky enough to impress Giselle she will stay cold towards you, and couldn't care less what happened to the person as long as the Pokemon where okay. For those she doesn't like Giselle leaves them on their own, no worry in her mind she's got herself and her friends to worry about.

Biography: Giselle was born in in Undella Town in the Unova region but she didn't have an easy childhood. Her mother died when Giselle was five years old leaving her with her father who taught her martial arts and other things growing up. Her father taught her not to let anyone in that didn't impress her, and that those who didn't weren't worthy of her time. He taught her how important the bond between humans and Pokemon were and when she was ten he sent Giselle to Professor Juniper and she recieved an Oshawott. Right away Giselle made her first friend her Oshawott who she nicknamed Jet. After that Giselle was inseparable from her Pokemon and she traveled in Unova. On her Journey Giselle caught two other Pokemon and Pansear and a Panpour but didn't develop as close a bond with them.

When Giselle turned 11 she had placed 7th in the Pokemon League and was happy with the result, she didn't care about winning she just loved Pokemon so much. After the Pokemon league two boys came up to her and asked if she wanted to trade her Pansear and Panpour for their Tepig and Snivy. Giselle agreed and traded receiving her two new Pokemon. A bond grew as strong as the bond she has with Jet and she named the Tepig Flara, and the Snivy Rosie. At that moment she decided she was going to have Jet now a Dewott evolve into his final form and then have Rosie go to her second form and keep Flara as a Tepig. She continued to train her Pokemon after she returned home and at 16 she recieved an invitation to the S.S. Anne.

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Finished
Full Name:
Rajay Murdock

Hometown:
Saffron City

Appearance:

Mr Cool Kid. Always a "swagging" sort of character, matching out in every way possible, if one day he wore a red shirt he probably had on his red hat and red shoes. Of medium height and average build regular for a boy of his age, having yellow blonde hair which is usually covered by his hat but with hair still protruding from the front of his cap. Usually dressed in a brown shirt with sleeves that end a little pass his elbows and light blue jeans with a matching brown and blue hat. Finishing off his look his brown belt designed to hold his pokeballs, his poketch on hand, his light blue gloves and his "lucky" emerald pendant.

Personality:
Arrogant and talkative are just a few words used to described Rajay. Jay is a spirited and energetic boy who is always ready to battle and even more ready to talk, something he loves to do almost as much as battling. Jay, or Murdock as some people refer to him as, can sometimes be perceived as a liar due to the fact that he often embellishes the truth to make himself sound better. If he battles and loses miserable he will always speak of the good moments he might have had and never speak of the defeat itself.

Jay does have his good qualities though, he is a loyal friend and a world class trainer(his words not mine). And then we find our way back at his bad qualities, he doesn't usually do it on purpose but sometimes he causes trouble for himself with his arrogant and ignorant behavior and his rash decision making. A hot head could be another name to call him but not to his face, or else you might face the consequences....

Biography:

Well it's probably no surprise that one of the biggest mouths in Kanto came from one of the biggest cities, Saffron. So the stories begin 19 years ago when Rajay was born into the hustle 'n' bustle world of the city and pokemon. Born into a family rich with history known for having great battling ability and talented trainers and breeders but he was an only child who grew up with cousins and aunts and uncles all around him to remind him of family success.

Jack grew up around lots of friends and had his non stop stories to tell them over the years, aside from his time he spent in Saffron he traveled alot learning about the history of pokemon and the world they were living in. But he always returned with a story to tell whether they liked it or not.

At the end of the day Jay went with what he grew up and knew about and took off on his pokemon adventure with his trusty Growlithe hoping to emulate the family success and build his own name. He decided to journey with his Skitty and Heracross that he had caught while on his travels to other regions thinking it would be a easy road especially with the great ability that he believed he had.

It was a breeze up until the point he was stuck at Fuchsia City and their gym leader Janine who had bested him three times since his arrival there. Jay spent days training, sitting, wandering what next, if he couldn't beat all the gyms how could he go back to his hometown or his family. What would he do......

Pokemon​

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Nice start jackblaze!

Sure thing NightOfRemorse, I'll add you to the reservations list.

edit:// Ninja'd by TurkishDelight, reserved too :)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Reserve me. Now. I will get my SU up today! XD

Back