• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Advice for someone beginning competitive battling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonCollector-N

Pokemon Collector
Years
I'm terribly sorry if there was a threat made on this already. I looked through them and couldn't find one myself.

Anyway, I've been watching a lot of the Pokemon World Championships videos this evening and have decided to begin competitive battling. I know basic information about EVs/IVs and such, and I have a lot of experience with the games in general, but I've never really gotten into honing my team into a fit-for-battle competitive team.

So, I was wondering, are there any battlers out there with advice for a newbie competitive battler? I know this isn't very specific, but I've been curious for a while now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Try looking around in our Battle Center. It's actually made specifically for competitive battling, and they do have some guides there I believe. Otherwise, this section is for Fifth Generation discussion only, meaning the games, Pokemon, characters, features, etc, but since we have a section for competitive battling, that's why it doesn't belong here.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back