• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Looks good DeepImpact! Your Accepted

Oh yeah \m/ Now I'ma gonna go and post no-

Oh no O.o Um, just need a small summary of what's happened and where everybody is right now... and can I make Sam a late entry or something?

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Short version: We all on field tripp to have fun!!!

lol

Long version: Brogan (Selenastar's second character) is the daughter of the president of the HoTa Corp. Her father holds an expo every year or something, and this year he, or was it Brogan?, invited Oak Academy to come to this Expo. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, went on this field trip, and now they are in the battle faze. Nearly everyone is battling. Though, most of us have elected to JP our battles. If you want to know what a character is doing, then just ask the owner of said character.

Hope that helps. :D

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I liked the short version better lol

I don't think I can find any wild Pokemon there? And Idk how I'll fit in Sam among all this lol His Pokemon are way too weak xD

Anyways, I'll figure something out tomorrow cuz it's like 4:30 in the morning lol and I'm in no state to post lol

Nideous

Years
Not really. With a few notable exception, most everyone there has pokemon at around his level. XD And no, you probably wouldn't be able to find wild pokemon inside the building. XD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Winning isn't everything, I suppose. xD

Regardless. Genevieve is accepted. c:

EDIT: DarkGoalie is also accepted, who sent his app privately.

I apologize for not having you three up on the main page quite yet. Usually I do that immediately after an app is approved but I got distracted by stuff. Regardless. I'm off to update the main page with the three new characters. Done!~

Last edited:

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
I just have one query before i start posting how should i introduce my character, does he arrive just from a boat or plane, or does just come out of being a background character, or anything similar?

Short version: We all on field tripp to have fun!!!

lol

Long version: Brogan (Selenastar's second character) is the daughter of the president of the HoTa Corp. Her father holds an expo every year or something, and this year he, or was it Brogan?, invited Oak Academy to come to this Expo. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, went on this field trip, and now they are in the battle faze. Nearly everyone is battling. Though, most of us have elected to JP our battles. If you want to know what a character is doing, then just ask the owner of said character.

Hope that helps. :D
I'm guessing it is still going on but i just want to confirm it

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Yeah, that field trip as Nideous described is still going on. SelenaStar is the user moving it along, so for right now the characters are not doing anything other than hanging out, battling, and socializing.

Your character may simply emerge from the background, if you so wish. That is to say, you can simply say they were there to begin with. How recently they got to the school and how is up to you, obviously, though the norm is by boat. (As opposed to a plane. Don't try to walk there. Totally a bad idea. xD)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
OOC: Um, hi I'm new here. I basically joined the site because PkMn Trainer Yellow invited me to join here. I've RP'd in a few other places before, and I'm a fan of the pokemon series but this is the first time I'm trying a pokemon Roleplay. I'll go ahead and admit, I'm not an expert gamer when it comes to pokemon, but I still love playing the games and I also enjoy the series very much. Favorite Pokemon is Pikachu, Favorite Legendary is Mew, and when it comes to the standard 3 starter types, I always go with the Fire starter in the games. I hope that's cool with everyone and I hope we can still get along well ^^;

Anyways. . . I'm kinda apping for N here. I don't have all 6 moves for his pokemon chosen, nor the pokemon's personalities, but I still have the same basic 4 all of them had in the games. I kinda debated between N and Red/Ash rather than make an OC. But still PkMn Trainer Yellow persuaded me to app for N. I hope that no one will be bothered by this ^^;

Application-

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): N Harmonia

Nickname (Optional): (None)

Age (18+): 21 (I'm guessing that's how old he could be when this RP happens)

Gender (Male or Female): Male

Job(What subject do they teach? Battle Theory, Breeding 101, etc):
General Expert Intern.
Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
Pretty much the same from the games, granted he's now older by a few years (3 or 5 if I heard correctly on when this RP takes place)
Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): 5 lines minimum

N was groomed by Ghetsis to become the hero of the legends from the Unova region. He was isolated from humans, and only exposed to pokemon who have been abused by humans. As of such he is essentially naive and a social outcast in terms of human society, but it has given him a unique ability to communicate with pokemon as if he was talking to a human. The events of Black and White have made him open up his eyes to see a new world beyond the false world that Ghetsis had given him, and now made him more open to the way things are in the world.
Sometimes his methods and ideology may seem. . . odd to most people, but he has a pure innocent heart that-while he doesn't mean to cause harm, can still pose as being a very dangerous thing. His Naiveness could be looked at as a positive moral standpoint for himself, but it has also made him easy to manipulate. He's not as easy to manipulate as he was before, as he's learned better from that experience, but he still can be taken advantage of.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What was he/she was doing before he/she got a job at trainer school? Why did they decide to go to the trainer school? How did they meet their pokemon? Etcetera): 10 lines minimum

N mostly lived a somewhat solitary secluded life with as his father Ghetis was grooming him to become a "hero" of legends. N was used as a political figurehead and puppet of the team plasma organization, truly believing what he was accomplishing was for the good of pokemon everywhere, as his father only had him interact with Pokemon that have been hurt by humans.
It wasn't until N met Black and White that he began to question his ideals about making the world better, as well as made him question everything he thought to be true about the world. The most important thing it made him question, was whether or not Humans and Pokemon can still get along. During N's journey though, he was able to capture and tame one of the two legendary dragon pokemon that the legendary heroes of unova used long ago. He defeated the pokemon league, and then had one final battle with Black and White after they obtained the other legendary dragon pokemon that the other hero used. After losing, Ghetsis revealed that N was worthless and a freak and revealed that everything was just part of Ghetsis's plan to rule Unova. After Black and White defeated him, N came to terms with all that happened and had one last conversation with black and white before bidding them farewell.
After the final battle at N's Castle, N left the Unova region as he began a journey to improve himself and to try to better understand both humans and pokemon. He went to different lands, met different people and different things over the years. Now he's arrived at the Pokemon Trainer Academy as a General Expert intern, hoping that he may be better able to refine his skills and teach others the things he's learned, and hope that the trainers of the next generation will be able to learn from him and his mistakes to become better trainers, people, and pokemon of tomorrow. Or in his odd sense of it all, training the next generation of heroes.

Pokémon (Maximum of 5. No legendaries or 'shiny' pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Zekrom
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Lvl(Max 50): 52 (It's. . . kinda the same level as it was in the game. At least the level didn't increase over the years but whatever works)
Ability: Teravolt
Moveset(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed):
Fusion Bolt (Electric, Physical), Zen Headbutt (Psychic, Physical), Light Screen (Psychic, Status), Giga Impact (Normal, Physical), Fly (Flying, Physical)

Species: Zoroak
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Lvl(Max 50): 50
Ability: Illusion
Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Night SLash, Retaliate

Species: Carracosta
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Ability: Sturdy
Stone Edge, Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Crunch

Species: Archeops
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Ability: Defeatist
Sone Edge, Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Crunch

Species: Vanilluxe
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Ability: Icebody
Blizzard, Flash Cannon, Hail, Frost Breath,

Species: Klinklang
Nickname(Optional):
Personality:
Ability: Plus
Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, ThunderBolt, Hyperbeam,

Dawn

Years
Alright... app for N.

Hrm. So. Everyone. Apping for a canon teacher has never technically been not allowed. However, I'll just throw it out to the public that we expect anyone who tries such a thing to give a reasonably accurate description of their history and personality. If one wants to play a canon, they must try to play that canon accurately. That's the one restriction.

Also, in this case Bassiroth app'd for N. Normally it is 100% against the rules to have a legendary pokemon. However... I do not feel it would be right to speak over Pokemon's creator to say that N does not have said pokemon. It's canon. It's integral to his character, and it's a major part of the main storyline of the 5th gen games whose canonities have been acknowledged here before. I feel that all this outweighs the reason legendaries were banned in the first place. As a result this will be an exception to the rule, though I will be watching to make sure it is not abused.

Bassiroth knows what is expected of him.

In regards to other possible exceptions, there are none except for /maybe/ the 5th gen character.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
PkMnTrainer Yellow i was wondering about a few things about the academy, does each dorm have thier own specific place of eating?, do the students choose the classes? and is there a specific time to go to the classes? Also is it possible to show a few of the personalities of the characters in the breifing so if i wnat to introduce my character to someone than i could get a picture of how they would reply/rwact to my own?
I don't want to be pressuring you to do all this, it's i just don't want to write something that goes against what someone is like or that someone else has also wrote about, there are alot of words in 101 page.
Also 1 last thing, where is the expodition located?

Nideous

Years
I can answer a few of those questions. I've been under the impression that there is only one cafeteria. The students do not chose their classes, the GMs decide which class they go to that day. So far, the classes seem to be in the morning, lasting until about lunch time. And are you talking about some of the NPCs? Or the other RP characters? And the Expo is in Saffron City. Hope that helps out. :D

Dawn

Years
The expo is specifically in a large building owned by "HoTa" in Saffron City, for the record. c:

Also, what Nideous said is absolutely correct. About the characters. I myself have thought several times about how cool it would be to put people's SUs somewhere on the first page so that people can go back and look at them. The only problem I kept hitting with that is that I'm pretty sure some people sent their SUs privately, namely to the old GM Jackblaze. I'm not sure I'd be physically capable of finding them all.

On the other hand, if people would be willing to help me out in that endeavor, I'd like to try. For now, I'm going to personally start collecting them and any I can't find will just have a box with "SU not available" where the SU was supposed to be. This will probably be placed where the "Player Teams" section is right now as an addition under each person's name. I'll probably change the name of that spoiler to "Character SUs/Teams"

Also, in addition you may feel free to ask anyone about their characters. c: Regardless. I'm off to work on that. Hope to see an app from you soon!~

Nideous

Years
Here's my old SU for Brian:
Spoiler:

I'll add in his team when I go find them. I've added Bri's full team. Though, it's going to change when Selenastar and I finish our JP. That was my very first post here, and what a piece of junk that SU was. XD And I'll add Quin to this post as well. Here's Quin:
Spoiler:

I'll add his updated team in a moment. :D And done!

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Thanks Nideous, and daww it's alright. I'm actually leaving out people's original teams in the SUs on the main page, as I honestly don't find that important (Only the current team is)

Nideous

Years
I know. I've been putting their updated teams in. Look closely, as Bri's original team was a level 9 snivy. And now she's level 23. And he has six other pokemon listed. XD

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Here are my SUs. I've added teams and changed Skye's name a little.

Skye

Spoiler:

Ciel's...

Spoiler:

Dawn

Years

Player Teams/SUs Part 1
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Player Teams/SUs Part 2
Spoiler:

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'll be posting soon hopefully. Just waiting til me and DeepImpact are on at the same time to make a JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back