• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
im to stupid for this stuff. its like rocket science n stuff :(

so if someone has the smarts could they figure this out for me ?

say i catch a Timid Ghastly and i want it to have Hidden Power Fire

then what should it's stats look like ?

or is that to vague ?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hidden Power is determined by IVs, not by the stats you see. So...you can't just look at the stats and know what the IVs are and know "oh, this one has HP Fire." Going after certain HP in gen III just seems pointless really, unless you can RNG in that generation. And the only way you're gonna know your IVs is by using an Action Replay, because to my recollection, no one in gen III will tell you about your Pokemon's IVs.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
im kinda dumb when it comes to the Calculators too :( i am having a hard time grasping the whole IV thing or the RnG stuffs. i need a tutor lol.

i saw something about Pairing on this site. does anyone with expertise in Gen III want to pair with me and teach me a thing or two?
c'mon im a sweet gal ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you can't grasp the IV stuff, then don't bother. Same with RNG. Honestly, I don't see why you ask for help if you can't apply the answers that are given to you. And this isn't the place to find a pair.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hidden Power is determined by IVs, not by the stats you see. So...you can't just look at the stats and know what the IVs are and know "oh, this one has HP Fire." Going after certain HP in gen III just seems pointless really, unless you can RNG in that generation. And the only way you're gonna know your IVs is by using an Action Replay, because to my recollection, no one in gen III will tell you about your Pokemon's IVs.

In Emerald, at the Battle Frontier, there is a man who tells you a bit about your Pokémon's IVs, but it isn't anywhere near enough to find a Hidden Power from.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
If you can't grasp the IV stuff, then don't bother. Same with RNG. Honestly, I don't see why you ask for help if you can't apply the answers that are given to you. And this isn't the place to find a pair.

WTF attitudy much ? not even cool, damn. just trying to ask for some help and you gotta go get your panties all in a bunch ?
is there anyway to ignore members on here ?

but anyway, here's an easy question for you. i know you can migrate poké's from Gen III to Gen IV, but theres no way to migrate lets say a Roselia from S/S to L/G ?

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
WTF attitudy much ? not even cool, damn. just trying to ask for some help and you gotta go get your panties all in a bunch ?
is there anyway to ignore members on here ?

but anyway, here's an easy question for you. i know you can migrate poké's from Gen III to Gen IV, but theres no way to migrate lets say a Roselia from S/S to L/G ?

Um, I believe you are the one with the attitude. You asked a question and you were given the answer.

As for your migration question the answer is no. Once a Pokemon has migrated to a further generation (i.e; LG to SS) it cannot go back (SS to LG)

Years
im kinda dumb when it comes to the Calculators too :( i am having a hard time grasping the whole IV thing or the RnG stuffs. i need a tutor lol.

Alternatively, you can find your Pokemon's Hidden Power type by battling a Kecleon (due to its' Color Change ability). Your Pokemon's Hidden Power type will be the type that Kecleon changes into after the turn. Note that if the attack does Super Effective damage, the Hidden Power type is Fighting, and if Kecleon doesn't change types, the Hidden Power type is Ghost (as you can't have a Normal-type Hidden Power).

If you don't have access to a Kecleon, you can also find your Pokemon's Hidden Power type by using it on a sequence of Pokemon types based on the outcome of the attack: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php (under "Manual Calculation")

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
GBA Link cable?

Hi guys....

Me and my friend are interested in battling and trading, GBA style, but don't know a thing when it comes to cables. Where(Online Please) could I find the best quality cable?

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
Years
(Repost because never answered)
Every time I plug in the cartridge, it gets past the gba "ba-ding!" screen, and shows a white screen. It used to work if i warmed the cartridge in my hand a little while, but now it refuses to boot at all. I've cleaned the contacts with 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and a q-tip, nothing works. Do I have to get a new one, (won't be much lost, I was only at the fifth gym) or is there some way to fix this?

I've looked it up a bit and it seems like it's a problem commonly had with emulators, but I'm playing on the cartridge.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 6, 2020
Websites where purchases can be made for Official Pokemon Gamer Guides?

To be exact I'm looking for Official Pokemon Gamer Guides for Ruby & Sapphire Versions and Firered & Leafgreen Versions.

I'd like to be able to purchase them New if at all possible with the risk of damages with Used copies.

Not really a
Pokéquestions but is there a difference between Nintendo Power Official Guides and Prima Publishing Official Guides?

Which one is better if so?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012

True. I really dunno what to tell you about the battery though. :/ That's a pain that you did go through that trouble and it didn't work. Hopefully someone that understands the batteries better than me will come along and see your question. Also, you might consider asking in the Video Gaming forum. I don't know if there were other GBA games that needed a battery replacement, but chances are, there might be some more people that know about it in that forum. I might be wrong, but it's worth a shot, right? Just to be safe though, when you post, make sure you mention I sent you since I thought you'd have better luck there. It's still video game related so yeah. Hope you can get an answer.

Thanks, I will see what I can find out.

I just want to mention that I am experiencing this exact same issue as bookworm29, having manually replaced the internal battery in my Ruby Version a few days ago. This particular copy of Ruby has been patched for the Berry Glitch via Pokemon Colosseum since before the internal battery ran dry. I haven't found any documentation online what's supposed to happen when you replace the internal battery, but as far as I've observed I've gotten back most of my in-game time-related functionality (mostly tested Shoal Cave) but not berry growing. I'm annoyed by this and trying to figure out whether there's a fix but R/S battery replacements seem to be relatively rare and the aftermath almost completely undocumented.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Same type attack bonus

Hello guys can anyone help me i want to know something about STAB. I know how this work but i need to know about holding items and if they increase and by how much they can stack with STAB? Example I have Charizard and i use Flamethrower with him, now because he is Fire Type he gain 50% increase in move power that is basic, so his attack power will be 142. Now what i want to know will Charcoal holding item increase power by 10%. That way his move power will be around 152 that's devastating.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hello guys can anyone help me i want to know something about STAB. I know how this work but i need to know about holding items and if they increase and by how much they can stack with STAB? Example I have Charizard and i use Flamethrower with him, now because he is Fire Type he gain 50% increase in move power that is basic, so his attack power will be 142. Now what i want to know will Charcoal holding item increase power by 10%. That way his move power will be around 152 that's devastating.

Flamethrower will have 156.75 power.

95 x 1.5 x 1.1 = 156.75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back