• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Haven't posted in awhile. Today I got a shiny Gible, it took 581 Dexnav encounters. I forgot to plug my 3ds in yesterday but it wasn't red so decided to do 1 Dexnav encounter today and it was shiny. I put it to sleep and it caught in 1 ball. I immediately saved after catching it and after saving the 3ds died. Had it broke it of the ball I likely would have failed it. So happy it lived long enough to catch the shiny and save.

I've been in a fs hunting a shiny female Combee, have found 3 Pinsir, 3 Volbeat and 1 male Combee. I'm using cute charm so that Combee is more often female when it pops up. Really wish I had a fs with just 2 Pokemon in it though. Also have been horde hunting for 5% Scyther and masuda method hunting for Gastly.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
No new Shinies but, hey, Dunsparce is finally in SWSH! I went ahead and finished transferring my favorites, barring Mothim which sadly still doesn't exist in SWSH's coding.

Oq9Wtja.jpg

Also, your Pokémon can follow you in the Isle of Armor (and hopefully the Crown Tundra coming later this year) and, unlike wild Pokémon, Shinies have their Shiny colors in the overworld! They still stay in their Poké Balls in the main region, though.

4hNLRZd.jpg

EDIT: Found this guy by chance last night! Funny since I'd been trying for a Shiny Midday Lycanroc on and off (mostly off) pretty much since the release of Sun & Moon. Full-odds, too! (That is, assuming the Isle of Armor doesn't have any unique Shiny mechanics like the Friend Safari.)

5bDngdX.jpg

Nickname references my old username (KougaWolf), though I'm thinking about changing it to Shugo (the main character from .hack//Legend of the Twilight) since my mind immediately jumped to Ouka (a shewolf from the same series) when I first saw Midday Lycanroc.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
OMG Shiny Drowzee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1

"lol" I got a shiny from the Pearl swarm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink_boogie: :laugh: This is my first time getting a shiny that was actually the marquee swarm event, hahahaha! :laugh-squinted:

Drowzee appeared on encounter #18,703, at 10:50 PM on June 16th, 2020. It was going to be my last encounter of the night before saving and going to bed (and I always like to sneak in one extra encounter again after I save, haha), but this Drowzee was...purple!!! "lol" it's kind of an ugly-colored shiny, but it looks like a zombie and it's totally fitting for Drowzee! "lol" this thing is legit a zombie, and it has both the perfect looks and the perfect color scheme for it, haha! I don't think I've ever seen something like this where the shiny is a drastically different thing than the original - I'd always thought of Drowzee as a sleepy magician's apprentice or something, but shiny Drowzee is totally an undead anteater with latent Psychic powers. It's an awesome concept! :laugh:

I caught it on the first Dusk Ball attempt, since it was late at night and the ominous dark swirling of the Dusk Ball seems to fit really well with the zombie theme, and it provides a cool contrast to the sickly purple color of shiny Drowzee! :pink_nod:

And I get to use this shiny to bring back Finn the Lumineon!!! :boogie:

Spoiler:

I named her Dorena, a mix of the French for "she sleeps" (elle dort) and the Spanish for "she dreams" (sueña).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
OMG Shiny Drowzee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1

Congrats!

I still think Munna should've been a Drowzee prevo, both being based on tapirs/baku and having similar normal/Shiny colors but flipped.

drowzee.png
drowzee.png

munna.png
munna.png

I totally understood what that picture with the cylinders meant when I first saw it, but then you went and said that the cylinders represent spheres, and now I have absolutely no idea what it means, hahahaha! :laugh:

I was joking about how my childhood self interpreted spheres as cylinders. :P

And I'm not saying that Shedinja's totally transparent! It's not, like, invisible or anything. What I mean is that if you think of a continuum of opacity, with "totally opaque" on one end of the spectrum and "totally invisible and see-through" on the other, Shedinja is much closer to the transparent portion, without being all the way at the end.

It would make sense seeing as real cicada shells are paper thin, but Shedinja's pitch black interior seems to imply otherwise.

All this has done is let me launch a preemptive strike on some of icycatelf's most trusted companions, launching lethal laser beams to give me a quick victory to start off the war! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! :evil-smirk: :badsmile:

*sends in army of undead zombie anteaters led by Dorena the shiny Drowzee and Narango the mischevious fire mage to assault icycatelf's fortress*
Oh noes! :disbelief:

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA "lol" that first pic is THE MOST icycatelf image ever, hahahahhahahaha! :laugh-squinted: Like, if you distilled your essence down and melted the very innermost pure elements of your soul to reforge them into a single image, that would be it!! Leafeon in the center, Dunsparce prominently displayed in the foreground, a beautiful natural environment filled with rare fauna, shiny Wartortle and a Shedinja hanging out, the corpse of Porygon2 lying solemnly in the background, a memorial to honor his lost soul that was so brutally felled by G-Money's nefarious laser beam...

It's often said that a picture is worth a thousand words, but that picture is worth someone's soul! :pink_laugh:

If only Mothim could've been included in the pic... T_T

And woah, for real!?? OMG that makes me absolutely hyped for the new DLC!!!!!!!! :boogie: I was thinking of waiting until the whole thing came out later in the year, but hearing that Pokémon can follow you sounds AMAZING!!!!!! Like, that's a huge part of why HG/SS were the greatest Pokémon games of all time!!! OMG now I want to go and play that immediately, haha.

Yep! They can't follow you immediately though (you have to finish some trials first) and a lot of Pokémon are kind of slow so you can't really see them on-screen most of the time without rotating the camera unless you're standing still.

Massive congrats on the shiny Rockruff! Kouga sounds like a dope name, especially since it was your name back when you were a wolf and shiny Lycanroc kind of looks like a wolf.
I already changed it to Shugo. It just sounds... prettier? Kouga sounds kind of rugged and might be better suited for the Midnight form. (Shugo means "guardian" and Kouga means "iron fang," IIRC.)

(Also, you used to be a wolf!? I only remember you being a Cryogonal named KKN, and then a shiny hunter named icycatelf. What kind of evolutionary tree are you following!?? :pink_confused:)

I'm like a Digimon. xD

KougaWolf: Wolf demon (Avatar: Wolf-elf)
カクンネコ: Cat-elf
Nekoban Ryo *Nya!*: Cat-boy with swords
Aki the Tanuki: Tanuki-boy
Akiyuki Aretukasu: Human
KKN: Cat (Avatar: Logo)
icycatelf: Cat-elf (Avatar: Human)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
That SWSH screenshot makes me jealous! I don't have a Switch but I hope to get one eventually. We'll see.
I'm pretty happy today though, as I just broke my dry spell of 20 days. Last shinies I got were June 5th (Pothos, the Ultra Wormhole Terrakion-one of my favorite shiny legends, and Slider the Friend safari wartortle- my favorite middle stage evo!) and since then I'd been hunting (same methods) without luck (I did find a friend safari growlithe but I failed it due to not knowing it had take down). Well, tonight, I finally ended my bad luck streak! I got shiny Wormhole Regigigas (so underrated!) and shiny FS Charmeleon! Ironic that I would get a wormhole legend and FS gen 1 starter again

Attachments

• 20200624_191052.jpg
    20200624_191052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20200624_193535.jpg
    20200624_193535.jpg
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 2
Years
My shiny collection has grown enough that it is time for an update. I have done a lot of shiny trading with several different members of the forum lately to expand my glistening kingdom, some of you I met in this very club, and I just want to say that it has been marvelous getting to know you all, and talking to several of you. I also want to thank G-MONEY for making feel so welcome here.

Earlier this June I did a version exclusive trade with The Alolan Naturalist. He has pokemon X, and was at the Trade Corner offering the choice of a shiny clauncher/clawitzer or remoraid in exchange for a shiny skrelp, which can be chain fished easily in Y. I have Pokemon Y and had some extra skrelp from my shiny horsea/seadra hunt, and took him up on the deal. I really enjoyed doing this trade. Clauncher looks really nice in red. I call him Sebastian like the loveable worrywart crab from The Little Mermaid.

We took the opportunity to visit eachother's friend safari since it was XY, and we were online at the same time. I was delighted to find a new flying safari. I'm currently on the hunt for a shiny Fletchinder. It's such a magnificent dark orange to me, and it becomes a stunning scarlet when it evolves into Talonflame. One of my favorite shinies. I really hope I can catch one that is shiny and with gale wings! I would take almost any nature.

So far I ran into and caught 2 shiny spearow while looking for Fletchling. While not the Pokemon I was hoping for, a shiny is still a shiny. This has happened to me a few times on friend Safari, encountering and capturing different shiny pokemon than I was shooting for, but eventually this lady bird gets her worm.

I also recently traded away some extra shiny gible, shiny noibat and shiny goomy of mine, all to one user who loves dragons as much as I do, DragonKing48. One was given away no strings attached as part of an event that I hosted with Firebolt this spring called The Dragon Share for the club Dragon Ascent. He and I collaborated to bring members of the club lots of adorable shiny dragons like Gible, Trapinch, Charmander, Kingdra. It was a lot of fun!

I traded also some pokemon that were not part of the giveaway with DragonKing in exchange for a handsome Shiny Eevee and Shiny Bulbasaur.

Now I will be able to have a shiny Umbreon as well as a shiny Sylveon from the Eevee I already had, and feel contented by that. Those are the Eeveelutions with the shiny color schemes that appeal to me most. While Espeon is probably my favorite Eeveelution, I think it's actually much more beautiful in its normal form than Shiny. I feel the same way about Shiny Dragonite, and think that particular green isn't as flattering as the original color scheme. Now if it was the pale, almost iridescent green they have in Stadium 2 that would be a whole different story!

One of my other escapades includes a hunt for a shiny pidgey in totally different flying friend safari back last month, which I caught and saved especially for a friend's birthday this June. They like first stage evolution flying pokemon like Rowlet and Fletchling, and Pidgey is one of them. I successfully synchronized the timid nature I was hoping for, just in case he should ever evolve it. A golden mega pidgeot with a purple plume is nothing to sneeze at. Even though I did not keep this pokemon, I still want to have a record of a hunt well-done.

That is not the end of my good fortune. I was graced with the shiny event Yvetal compliments of Fafrir's birthday giveaway for dark pokemon over at Lunar Eclipse. I previously had the shiny event Zygarde in my collection. I missed the shiny Xerneas event though, so I figured maybe I ought to hunt shiny Xerneas in my copy of Ultra Sun to complete the aura trio. I have never shiny hunted legendaries in gen 7 before, so any tips from club members about wormhole shiny hunting would be appreciated.

I completed my long, drawn-out hunt for the Unova variant of Darmanitan on the mirage spots in Oras back in may as well. This was not my first attempt going after one in gen 6. This shiny is my prodigal son. It has been on my list to catch all year, but I had to bide my time since this pokemon is only available on mirage spots, which are generated daily randomly.

I first tried to catch one back in March on the mirage island north of route 113, I spent several hours there, and after hundreds of encounters I spawned a shiny larvesta instead of Darmanitan. I caught the larvesta. Why not? But unfortunately, my luck ran out after that. I spent my days there until I ran out of repels, which I need for this method and never found a shiny damanitan. Since I got shiny larvesta, I didn't consider it a total loss, and told myself I would catch shiny darmanitan next time--which I did.

It took a long time for an mirage spot with Darmanitan to spawn again though. I finally got my wish though. It was the mirage mountain I think east of 125. I was kinda worried I would bump into a shiny Magby first, but this time I did get the Damanitan. I was really hoping it would have it's hidden ability because it's shiny color is subtly different in Zen mode as well, but no such luc this time. I got lucky and got a shiny Vulpix this way on one of my firsts hunts, so I thought I might get doubly lucky again. Since I don't think the Damanitan outside of Relic Castle in BW shiny-locked though, so I could one day sr for a shiny Darmanitan in Pokemon Black because the one post game always carries it's dream world ability I believe, and have 2 darmanitan. For now this one will do though.

Last but not least, I gifted a shiny hidden ability Swablu to a dear friend. And she surprised me with a shiny Petilil in return. I hadn't expected anything in return, but am grateful and will raise this precious grass pokemon into a lovely shiny Lilligant.

Last edited:
Years
oMqJtnR.png

my new record of most eggs hatched to get this thing. ~1400 eggs.

kinda deserved this bc my last two shiny streaks were super short. it was rather painful and super boring to get to this point but man, am i glad it's over lol

icycatelf

Alex
Years
my new record of most eggs hatched to get this thing. ~1400 eggs.

kinda deserved this bc my last two shiny streaks were super short. it was rather painful and super boring to get to this point but man, am i glad it's over lol

Congrats!

I adore moths, so I'll probably try for this one later too. I think I'm going to try getting the elusive Sport Ball first, though. It would be really cool to have the sun moth in the same kind of ball used for Johto's Bug-Catching Contest.

Years
ty icy. :>

hey, shiny hunters!! me again. this time, i'd like to introduce you all to my shiny slowking.

ja3rjZs.png

i really do feel like slowking is such an underrated pokemon. i figured that with the whole galarian slowpoke/slowbro theme that the isle of armor has going on, what better way to go about with things than getting a slowking?

Sirfetch’d

Slowking has a great shiny! Slowbro does as well but I just love the blue around the neck part of Slowking so much. It really stands out.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Earlier this June I did a version exclusive trade with The Alolan Naturalist. He has pokemon X, and was at the Trade Corner offering the choice of a shiny clauncher/clawitzer or remoraid in exchange for a shiny skrelp, which can be chain fished easily in Y. I have Pokemon Y and had some extra skrelp from my shiny horsea/seadra hunt, and took him up on the deal. I really enjoyed doing this trade. Clauncher looks really nice in red. I call him Sebastian like the loveable worrywart crab from The Little Mermaid.

We took the opportunity to visit eachother's friend safari since it was XY, and we were online at the same time. I was delighted to find a new flying safari. I'm currently on the hunt for a shiny Fletchinder. It's such a magnificent dark orange to me, and it becomes a stunning scarlet when it evolves into Talonflame. One of my favorite shinies. I really hope I can catch one that is shiny and with gale wings! I would take almost any nature.

So far I ran into and caught 2 shiny spearow while looking for Fletchling. While not the Pokemon I was hoping for, a shiny is still a shiny. This has happened to me a few times on friend Safari, encountering and capturing different shiny pokemon than I was shooting for, but eventually this lady bird gets her worm.

That is not the end of my good fortune. I was graced with the shiny event Yvetal compliments of Fafrir's birthday giveaway for dark pokemon over at Lunar Eclipse. I previously had the shiny event Zygarde in my collection. I missed the shiny Xerneas event though, so I figured maybe I ought to hunt shiny Xerneas in my copy of Ultra Sun to complete the aura trio. I have never shiny hunted legendaries in gen 7 before, so any tips from club members about wormhole shiny hunting would be appreciated.

I was very happy to get a skrelp too! Good luck hunting in my safari (I do hope you get fletchinder soon, I really love shiny talonflame as well!), I actually hunted in yours and got my target on the first go! a great shiny wartortle, who is also probably my favorite middle stage evo for any starter!

As for the gen7 SR hunt, my advice, other than the synchronize trick to try and get a good nature, is to use the rotocatch bonus that you can get from the rotomdex roto-loto. It makes your pokeballs more effective, thereby lowering the chance of a failed shiny, especially if you'd like to catch them in an apriball or some other ball you're running out of.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Hey everyone. Been a while since posting, and this will be my last post here. And that's because I'm finished. Today, I hatched my third shiny Jangmo-o, which complete the entire evolution line. It was also the final pokemon I needed for my Gen 7 shinydex. I have gotten every shiny pokemon that I can legitimately obtain. This is my retirement from shiny hunting. It was fun while it lasted.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
I don't usually hang around here because I'm more of a "Scavenger ", I don't do hunts and SRS and all, but if I can find them and obtain them if it's something I like ...I'll jump on it...I just obtained this ridiculous rarity which I think is pretty cool lol.

Go ahead ...try to figure out how.

Attachments

• 20200707_144432.jpg
    20200707_144432.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys. It has been a bit since my last post here. Haven't had much luck with shinies recently. I was hunting for a Shiny Noctowl and Hatching Eggs for Shiny Riolu without any luck in Shield.

However, I did run across this little fellow.
Spoiler:

Was on my way to Digging Pa to turn in some watts and it popped up right under me on Isle of Armor. First Shiny caught within Shield other than Zeraora of course.

I think I am going to take a break from Shiny Hunting in Shield and work on trying to get Eon Isle Shiny Latias in Omega Ruby after a very long break from it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I continued my masuda method hunt for Gastly that I began in Jun 2019 and finally found my shiny in 533 eggs total. I then switched my Japanese Ditto and American Haunter with a Japanese Meowth and American Ditto and hatched a shiny Meowth in 4 eggs.

Was pretty surprised, I don't have shiny charm so I believe odds are 1/612 or something.

Years
It has been a while since I've posted here, but I finally remember to do so. I know it's already summer, but back in April and May I started with my themed shiny team hunting. My first theme was "Spring Morning". So, here it is:
BMwRtoM.png
2OZYm75.png

Josephine the Cherrim was the very first Pokémon that came on my mind when I decided the theme. Funnily enough, I got it few days after me and my girlfriend went cherry picking.

smgOKeq.png

Another Pokémon I went with was Petilil named Claire, literally a Bulb Pokémon. I also wanted Lilligant, but apparently I had no Sun Stone on my save. But I would say Petilil fits the theme more.

NAdXKd0.png

Clotilde the Durant mind seems like a really weird choice for Spring Morning. But while the last two Pokémon were mostly from the "Spring" part, Durant fits the "Morning" part. My room is directly next to a school workshop and each year in early spring, there is an ant infestation that sometimes gets to my room and I would usually see few ants each morning. So I have ants associated with spring mornings.

vqqsVGN.png
z5ZVBTg.png
r1tfWMM.png

Fanfan the Venusaur was my next choice, since Bulbasaur line is also known as Seed Pokémon. The closed bulb on Bulbasaur's back kinda looks like a beginning of a new life, the same way as Spring and morning do. I originally went with just Bulbasaur, but when I realized I won't be able to post the team here and "officially" check it as finished, I just evolved him all the way to Venusaur, since all the flowers are already blooming now. Also interesting fact: Fanfan's mother is Lena, Venusaur that I used in my very first Nuzlocke in Pokémon X back in 2015, who survived all the way from Lumiose City and was the one who beat Diantha's Mega Gardevoir.

PGrx9aI.png
6Dat4S1.png

Benedict the Sawsbuck is Pokémon with a form that is literally called Spring Form. To be honest, I don't have any other reason why I hunt it.

P1TPMSa.png
HG3tlAe.png

Final Pokémon in this themed team was supposed to be Rodolphe the Beautifly, but I ended up with Dustox, which fits more to autumn team. Nevertheless Wurmple and Cascoon are still bugs that fit perfectly to the theme. But at least I have another fun fact: Rodolphe's dad is a Dustox that I used in my very first playthrough of Sapphire back in circa 2009. Well, not exactly the same, since I have to way of getting it from Game Boy Micro, but I build this Dustox in Alpha Sapphire exactly after the original.

So I have to say that I had really good time trying to figure out which Pokémon fits the theme. I also tried not to use many Pokémon from one generation, even though half of this team is made out of Gen V Pokémon. So, next I was thinking about doing some teams based on a various holiday activities or destinations.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
It has been a while since I've posted here, but I finally remember to do so. I know it's already summer, but back in April and May I started with my themed shiny team hunting. My first theme was "Spring Morning".
I love themed hunts and this is a great one! Love how it's basically a grass and bug team. I was literally thinking earlier (before seeing this) of doing a summer themed hunt. Are you gonna do one? It'd be interesting to see what we each come up with. In the meantime I'm working on another theme that I will post soon (but that has a lot of overlap with yours, also.)
I wanted to post the highlights of this weekend. I hunted them simultaneously and they both took longer than a day (I was at all almost all saturday), both super long hunts.
Jet the Ultra Wormhole Latias (love the gold and green eyes) was a rollercoaster because I actually failed it (struggled to death), was super disappointed, but decided to dust myself off despite my discouragement and in around 185 I reclaimed it! It was an easy capture the second time around, thankfully, because that was my worst shiny fail to date.
And then the next morning Cassandra the Braixen decided to shine in a friend safari, in gen 6 where I don't have the shiny charm. I was pretty lucky with this one, since it ended up being both female and with its hidden ability. I named her after the oracle in the Illiad

Attachments

• 20200711_181544.jpg
    20200711_181544.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20200712_105133.jpg
    20200712_105133.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 4
Years
Meet my perfect Shiny Skarmory with "outstanding potential" an impish nature and the ability sturdy. I named him Destiny as a reference to the precious Green Destiny sword from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. I thought it fitting with Skarmory being a steel Pokemon, and having green tips on his wings instead of red. His cry is bird-like, yet also makes a clashing sound like unsheathing a sword. Then it has the nice rusted color as a shiny like an ancient metal that has weathered battle. You might not be able to tell that it's a slightly different silver unless it's right in front of you, because it's subtle, and the camera doesn't entirely do it justice.

Anyway, I love him! I can't wait to send this guy into battle. I think shiny Skarmory is underrated.

Years
I love themed hunts and this is a great one! Love how it's basically a grass and bug team. I was literally thinking earlier (before seeing this) of doing a summer themed hunt. Are you gonna do one? It'd be interesting to see what we each come up with. In the meantime I'm working on another theme that I will post soon (but that has a lot of overlap with yours, also.)
I plan on building few teams themed around various holiday activities or destinations. First one I started working about is "Beach bailout". I think I'll hunt Alolan Raichu, Snorlax, Corsola, Sharpedo, some baby Pokémon, probably Elekid and Crabominable. Then I plan on doing a team for hiking/biking and other inland outdoor activities.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
I plan on building few teams themed around various holiday activities or destinations. First one I started working about is "Beach bailout". I think I'll hunt Alolan Raichu, Snorlax, Corsola, Sharpedo, some baby Pokémon, probably Elekid and Crabominable. Then I plan on doing a team for hiking/biking and other inland outdoor activities.

Nice! I won't share my hunting list to make it more fun but mine will be completely different. I'll get started on it as soon as I'm done with my current themed hunt, which i'llpost about soon hehe. I like your idea and I'm especially looking forward to your hiking theme because that's so open to interpretation!

Back