• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bug Catching Contest: Redux

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Bug Catching Contest: Redux
Gotta Catch 'Em All!
The Bug Catching Contest is the premiere Pokemon Competition of the Johto region. But Bugs are not exclusive to Johto alone! This event is coming to the Olympics this year! Who will bring home the gold? Who will get left in the dust? Can Johto defend its own sport from the other regions, or will it fall by the way making room for a new champion? Only time will tell! Get your nets and your favorite hunter ready, it's time to hunt some bugs!

Pokemon will be judged on everything from their base stats to their infection by Pokerus. Note that Shininess will not have a huge impact on the score. Everything will be balanced so that the possible scores are just as varied as the Possible Pokemon. Having the strongest Pokemon does not necessarily mean you will win. The scoring system will be disclosed at the same time as the winners. There will be First, Second, and Third place winners in this event. Winning will contribute to your regions total standings. You will also receive an emblem for both participating and winning.

The Rules
1. All entries MUST be Bug Type Pokemon.
2. Entries must be caught. Not bred, traded, or gifted.
3. Entries must be tradeable in Gen 6 for judging purposes.
4. Entries must have a caught date AFTER the start of GT.
5. To keep things fair, no Friend Safari, Poke Radar, or DexNav'd mons, since each is dependent on external factors like play time and friends registered.
6. Entries must be submitted as untouched prior to July 11th at 11:59 PST. Winners will be announced on the 11th. You may submit up to 3 Pokemon during GT, which I will score as I receive. Just message me when you want to submit an entry.

Please fill out the following form.

Username:
Region:
Friend Code:

(Both players have to swap this to register, but if you're not comfortable posting it you may PM me your code instead)

My Friend Code is 1435-4289-9306

Bug Catchers
CuteLittleBlack: 25 points
Cakesu: 23 points
Spoony6205: 21 points
Achromatic: 19 points
Nah: 14 points

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So, just catch a bug-type? Do things we do to it after catching it and before trading it count? (like pokérus, as it was mentioned)

Username: Nakuzami
Region: Unova
Friend Code: 1607 - 3215 - 4471

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Username: Jellicent♀
Region: Kalos
Friend Code: 1091-8737-0112

Is leveling them up and whatnot fine? EVs? TMs?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Username: destinedjagold
Friend Code: 0061 - 1111 - 6462

Cakesu

Hyrule's Saviour
Years
This is my first time willing to participate in a Get-Together Event, this one sounds fun and simple so here I am. :)

Username: Cakesu
Region: Johto
Friend Code: 0903-3474-9547

Last edited:
Years
Just to double check, do we trade them as caught or do we level them up, add Pokerus etc? And do we just submit one? :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, just catch a bug-type? Do things we do to it after catching it and before trading it count? (like pokérus, as it was mentioned)

Username: Nakuzami
Friend Code: 1607 - 3215 - 4471

Username: Jellicent♀
Friend Code: 1091-8737-0112

Is leveling them up and whatnot fine? EVs? TMs?

Just to double check, do we trade them as caught or do we level them up, add Pokerus etc? And do we just submit one? :)
Entries should be traded exactly as they were.

I'm going to alter the rules when I get my charger back so you guys can submit up to three Bug types. The one you submit with the highest score will be the one that is counted.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Before I sign up, can this be done in XY, because that is the game I have pokerus in. Also, does level and EV's/IV's affect the score?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Username: Nah
FC: 0619-4178-0907

Pretty sure that I still have you registered in my 3DS friend's list Necrum

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Before I sign up, can this be done in XY, because that is the game I have pokerus in. Also, does level and EV's/IV's affect the score?
Your Pokemon should have no EVs. IVs will affect score. And the Pokemon should only have Pokerus if you caught it that way.

Back