User: Panda280
Type: Electric
Game(s): Shield
Single / Ultimate: Single

First and Last Post

Hour beat: 14:47

Day 1
Spoiler:
I got Yamper (Tulip) on route 1. Hop's early battle was hard because I only have Tulip. His grookey resists electric move, as well. Pancham on route 2 destroyed Tulip with circle throw. I moved on to Galar no 1 and beat Bede. On the next area, I caught Electrike (Daisy), Eevee (Daffodil) and Pikachu (Marigold). Those are a lot of team members. I put Daffodil in pc. I defeated Milo and got Toxel (Pansy) on route 4. I easily beat Nessa with the type advantage and Tulip evolved. Daisy evolved soon after, and I took on Kabu and won

Day 2
Spoiler:
I made my way to motostroke and tried to look for electric type pokemon in the dens to get thunder stone. There wasn't any, so I moved on to route 5. I caught Helioptile (Sunflower), and searched where can I get the evolution stone. I returned to the wild area to pick up thunder stone and sun stone. On route 5, I evolved Sunflower and Marigold. Sorry Daffodil! I can't evolve you now. When I challenged Allister's gym, Pansy evolved. Allister was defeated, and I went to challenge Opal. I thought using Sunflower to sweep Opal team (Bullzdoze >Max quake = increase sp def), but her galarian weezing had levitate. Pansy looked at me in disgust and restarted my battle. He sweeped Opal team with Max Ooze and Venoshock.

After Opal, there were many more electric type Pokemon to choose (Galvantula, Morpeko, Togedemaru), but I only caught Togedemaru (Tuscan). The double battle on that route had two ground type Pokemon. Tuscan saved me from losing by using magnet rise. Then, I went to Crichester and defeated Melony. Daisy didn't deal much damage, so I caught Pincurchin (Tickseed) and replaced Daisy. After that, I battled pier and got the dark gym badge.

Day 3
Spoiler:
I went to hammerlock and battled Raihan. He was quite difficult, as all his pokemon knows ground type moves. It came down to Tulip and his Duraladon. Tulip used dig three time and finished Duraladon. Making past the final route was more difficult than I expected because half of the trainer there have ground type Pokemon. Otherwise, I made it to Wyndon. I brought Daisy for Marnie and Hop battle because Boltund was too high leveled. Marigold was killer, with nasty plot and draining kiss, it one shot all Marnie's Pokemon. I beat Hop and we planned to have dinner with Leon. Leon got lost and accidentally went to rose tower. Hop and I had to illegally break into rose tower to get Leon. We said sorry, but chairman rose and Oleana were pretty angry.

Bede came to challenge me again, but Tickseed (Poison Jab) and Pansy handled Bede's team. Next, I defeated Nessa, Allister and Raihan. Before I can challenge Leon, Chairman rose interrupted the stadium. He was very angry at us for breaking into his tower, so he unleased Eternatus to destroy us. We battled Eternatus. Leon tried to catch Eternatus, but failed. Suddenly, Two dogs appeared and helped us defeating Eternatus.

Chariman rose was jailed. I grinded to level 60, and battled Leon. Haxorus was much faster than the rest of my team, but tulip was faster. Tulip and Sunflower helps lowering Haxorus attack with charms and breaking swipe. Marigold comes in and sweep most of Leon team. I let Tulip finish Charizard with thunder fang, and with that I completed this challenge!

Final team
Spoiler:
Tulip (Boltund) ♂ Lv62
Marigold (Raichu) ♂ Lv62
Pansy (Toxtricity) ♂ Lv 58
Sunflower (Heliolisk) ♀ Lv58
Tuscan (Togedemaru) ♀ Lv59
Tickseed (Pinurchin) ♀ Lv59

----- [Substitute] Daisy ♀ (Manetric) Lv53

Day 4
Spoiler:
I went back to battle Hop for the final time. Rillaboom and Snorlax all have ground type move. It was hard beating them. Then, Hop sent out Zacian. It was a disaster. It oneshot all my team. I need to use an X-defense on Tulip for him to survive a close combat. Counting day 4, my playtime is 16:36.
Slateport City
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
30 posts
192 Days
Pokemon Gold: Mono-Ground
Veteran George, Update 8 (Tohjo Falls -> Pokemon League):

After defeating Clair, the very first thing I did was go through Mt. Mortar and fight the one trainer there, collect any items I couldn't get without Waterfall, et cetera. Then I went to Tin Tower, again collecting items. I can't use Ho-oh, and since I'm not interested in completing the Pokedex, I just decided to faint it. My Sandslash pulled through with Rollout because of Ho-oh's 4x Rock weakness. Then, finally, I made my way to Victory Road. My rival was swept by my Nidoking yet again.

Will was the hardest of the Pokemon League for me to beat, and the only one who actually beat me. The first two times, he fainted all my Pokemon with Psychic. The third time, I was lucky enough to avoid criticals early on and was able to set up 3x Amnesia with Quagsire, allowing it to tank Will's Psychic and other Special attacks and solo him.

I expected Koga to be the easiest of the Elite 4, due to my type advantage, but he ended up being moderately difficult. Ariados went down to Nidoking's Fire Punch, but Venomoth fainted Nidoking with Psychic. Steelix beat Venomoth, but went down to a critical Swift from Forretress because I got too cocky and didn't heal it. Then Golem soloed the rest of his team. Forretress with Fire Punch, Muk with Earthquake, and Crobat with Rock Throw.

Bruno was unexpectedly the easiest of the Elite 4, though I was expecting him to be the hardest because I forgot that I had a Pokemon (Nidoking) that resisted Fighting. My Sandslash beat both his Hitmontop and Hitmonchan, and then my Nidoking beat his other three Pokemon. Nidoking got Swaggered early on, which boosted my Shadow Ball a lot and didn't hurt me very much.

Karen switched out her Umbreon into Houndoom immediately, and it was 1HKOed by a critical Earthquake by my Steelix. Probably the dumbest thing I've seen the AI do this playthrough. Steelix fainted her Umbreon, but was fainted by her Vileplume. Nidoking fainted her Vileplume with Fire Punch, but got Whirlwinded out by Murkrow. Golem ended up being brought in by Whirlwind, which was fine, and it fainted both Murkrow and Gengar, neither of which did much of anything to it. (Gengar even used Curse as Karen's last Pokemon, weakening it right before it got Earthquaked.)

Lance was almost as difficult as Will, but he never KOed me. I started off by Amnesia'ing my Quagsire again, but he got a critical Hyper Beam and fainted it. A Max Revive and three more Amnesias later, I Ice Punched it some more with Quagsire, fainting it. A Dragonite then got another critical Hyper Beam and KOed my Quagsire. I sent out my Nidoking to stall while I healed Quagsire, then slowly whittled his Dragonite down with Shadow Ball, and ended up unexpectedly fainting it after it missed three consecutive Hyper Beams. I switched out my Nidoking for a Piloswine and Blizzarded his second Dragonite. Then, I switched to Quagsire, which KOed his Charizard with Surf and his last Dragonite with Ice Punch. His Aerodactyl fainted my Quagsire, so I switched to Sandslash, confused it with DynamicPunch, then switched to Steelix and finished it off with Iron Tail.

Even though I've now beaten this challenge, I'm still going to continue onwards to Kanto and get the other Gym Badges. I'm probably going to try to beat Red as well, but I'm not certain if I'll go for it because the level curve is so steep.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Golem: Level 39
- Earthquake*
- Rock Throw
- DynamicPunch
- Fire Punch
~ Soft Sand

Quagsire: Level 39
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Amnesia
~ Mystic Water

Sandslash: Level 37
- Earthquake*
- Slash
- DynamicPunch*
- Sandstorm
~ King's Rock

Steelix: Level 38
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Hidden Power (Flying)
- Screech
~ Quick Claw

Nidoking: Level 39
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
~ Amulet Coin

Piloswine (Female): Level 37
- Earthquake*
- Blizzard
- Headbutt
- Attract
~ NeverMeltIce

*My duplicate Earthquake and DynamicPunch moves were learned via a very barebones romhack that allows me to purchase duplicate TMs from the Goldenrod Department Store. No TMs are used prior to the point where they are obtainable in normal gameplay. Aside from TMs and bugfixes, no other changes to the rom were made.
None of my characters' names are the same as my real name. Please don't call me any of their names because I will not understand that you're trying to talk about me.
Slateport City
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
30 posts
192 Days
Pokemon Gold: Mono-Ground
Veteran George, Update 9 (S.S. Aqua -> Fuchsia City):

Four gym badges in one update, today! I went for Vermilion Gym first because I arrived there first and had a major type advantage. Lt. Surge was easily the easiest boss fight I've ever faced in a Pokemon game, and that's saying something. None of his Pokemon knew a single damaging move that wasn't electric or normal type, and my Steelix 1HKOed his entire team with Earthquake.

I had planned to go to Fuchsia City next, but due to the Snorlax in the way I had to go through Saffron and Celadon first, and I decided to hit their gyms along the way even though they're some of the harder gyms, given my monotype.

Sabrina was more of a challenge, but sadly only had three Pokemon. I sent out my Quagsire to faint her Espeon, setting up a single Amnesia and then Earthquaking it. Sabrina sent out her Mr. Mime, which got a critical and fainted Quagsire, then, when I sent out Steelix, it Baton Passed a Barrier to Alakazam, which was fainted by my Steelix. Mr. Mime came back and fainted my Steelix, then I sent out Nidoking and used a Shadow Ball to finish it off.

For Erika, I led with Steelix again (picking Quagsire as my Pokemon to leave in the PC so I can use Cut to enter the gym), which may not have been the best strategy, but it did faint Erika's Tangela. Her Victreebel fainted my Steelix, and I sent out my Piloswine. Victreebel used Sunny Day instead of an attacking move, allowing me to Blizzard it, then I used another Blizzard against Jumpluff. Her Bellossom SunnyBeamed my Piloswine away, then I switched to Nidoking and Fire Punched it. She healed her Bellossom and Sunny Day wore off, then I did two more Fire Punches while she charged another SolarBeam, and fainted it right before it would've hit and fainted Nidoking.

Janine was a pushover, but not quite as much as Lt. Surge. I, again, led with Steelix, and her Crobat did manage to do some damage to it by confusing it and then using Screech. However, her two bugs ended up being 2HKOed by Steelix, and then the AI had the brilliant idea to have both her Weezing use Explosion on my Steelix, losing her the battle. She did faint my Steelix with the second Explosion, but I still had all five of my other Pokemon and she had none left, so I have no clue why the AI did that.

I also tried to see if I could go to Pewter through Cerulean, but sadly it's blocked off as well, as is going through the ocean south of Fuchsia. Misty isn't in her gym, so I suppose I have to go fix the power plant to progress further.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Golem: Level 41
- Earthquake
- Rock Throw
- DynamicPunch
- Fire Punch
~ Soft Sand

Quagsire: Level 41
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Amnesia
~ Focus Band

Sandslash: Level 41
- Earthquake*
- Slash
- Toxic
- Sandstorm
~ King's Rock

Steelix: Level 42
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Hidden Power (Flying)
- Screech
~ Leftovers

Nidoking: Level 41
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
~ Quick Claw

Piloswine (Female): Level 42
- Earthquake*
- Blizzard
- Headbutt
- Attract
~ NeverMeltIce

*Both my duplicate Earthquake TM moves were learned via a very barebones romhack that allows me to purchase duplicate TMs from the Goldenrod Department Store. Neither was purchased before I obtained the TM legitimately from Victory Road. Aside from TMs and bugfixes, no other changes to the rom were made.
None of my characters' names are the same as my real name. Please don't call me any of their names because I will not understand that you're trying to talk about me.

AngeltheTogekiss468

Togekiss Queen

She/Her
USA
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
25 posts
121 Days
Update 7

Gyms Completed:
Brock
Misty
Lt. Surge
Erika
Koga
Sabrina
Blaine
Giovanni

Current Team:
Magnus - Charizard
Rusty - Flareon
Suki - Ninetales

After training up my Pokemon enough, I fought and beat my rival on Route 22, then made my way to and through Route 23 and Victory Road. I struggled through Lorelei, but eventually was able to beat her. I breezed through Bruno and Agatha thanks to Magnus and Rusty, but struggled to get past Lance's Gyrados and Aerodactyl. Once I got past those two, however, I was able to sweep through the rest of his team pretty easily thanks to Magnus knowing Dragon Claw. Finally, I faced my rival, and defeated him on the first try after a grueling battle through his Blastoise. I went into the Hall of Fame, and let the credits roll.

My adventure is far from over, though. Stay tuned for my adventure through the Sevii Islands and rematch of the Elite Four.
Current Challenges
Mono-Fire Ultimate Challenge - Leaf Green, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby, Platinum, White 2, Y, Sun
Random Challenge - Black
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
55 posts
3.1 Years
Time for the tldr post. I played for a couple days but was away from my computer, so here's where I'm at with HeartGold.

Ultimate Rock
Johto/HeartGold #1

Started out with Geodude, since it's the first you can catch. When I got to Violet City, I picked up the egg for Slugma, since that'll evolve to Magcargo. Trained up a little, then took on Faulkner, who of course was easy.

Picked up Onix on my way through the cave to Azalea Town. Bugsy, of course, was also easy. I used Slugma more than Geodude or Onix, and that'll come back to bite me shortly.

The first real challenge in the game was the battle with Silver, but only because of Croconaw. Neither my Slugma nor my Geodude had evolved at this point (Slugma won't be the end of the post, but Geodude at least would). Water Gun is horrible. For me, this battle ended up being luck, with Geodude having learned Magnitude at 15. I had to get lucky with what Magnitude I rolled. I believe it took about five attempts before I got a roll that let me get past Croconaw.

Next real stop is the gym with Whitney, and being Rock type...it was fairly easy. Contrary to my Bug runs when I tried to just rush it, I took my time and battled everything I could before the gym, so I was pretty well off. Magnitude and a couple Rock Throws, and I'm through.

Finally, I pick up my next Pokemon, Sudowoodo. This thing is going to be amazing when we get to Chuck, let me tell ya (well, I'll tell ya then).

I get to Ecruteak, and when I can challenge the gym, Morty wipes the floor with me. Then does so again. My team is 22-23 at this point, and I'm not making it past that Gengar. So, I grind until my Geodude evolves, and then come back. This time, I try alternating Rock Blast / Rollout, and FINALLY am able to win. The biggest concern here was Gengar, but really only because it has a much better Special Attack than my Special Defense could ever hope to survive.

I make it over to Olivine, do the stuff for the lighthouse, and then head down to Cianwood. I want Fly asap, so I attempt the gym. The first issue here is that the Primeape likes to use Double Team. So, I bring out Sudowoodo to take care of it. Faint Attack is perfect for these opportunities. But, Poliwrath is another matter. It knowing Surf sucks.

So, I remind myself I have one other Pokemon I can pick up, so I go back to Olivine and get the Good Rod, and head all the way back (on foot, unfortunately) to just south of Goldenrod, and pick up a Corsola by fishing. Good thing I went when I did - it doesn't come out at night, and it was about ten minutes away from then. Trained it up a little, and now I'm going after the Poliwrath with something that'll better withstand Water. True, it's back to a 1x, but that's better than 2x or 4x on the others. With Corsola, I finally manage to make it past Chuck and can fly back to Olivine...but not before I pick up the Shuckle (loving nicknamed Shuckie) and train it for a while so it has high friendship, meaning the guy who owned it lets me keep it.

However, this is where I am now stuck - Jasmine's Magnemite are both level 30, and her Steelix is 35. I'm barely level 27 on average, so I am nowhere near ready for this. I decide to push on. I know the next gym is Ice type, which I'm strong against, so perhaps after going through that, I can come back and be a better match against Jasmine's team. I did make it to Mahogany Town, but that's it. I know there's the whole Team Rocket thing (gasp, I know) before I can do the gym, so even better, given the circumstances.