• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Rain Dance Team for In game? (ORAS)

Years
So I'm playing Omega Ruby and just restarted. To spice things up I was thinking of doing a mono run of either grass sunny day team or water rain dance team. The question on my mind is, is this possible? You guys think I could run a rain dance team in Omega Ruby fighting the NPCs and beating the game with suchs a team? I know it's a better strategy for doubles but gosh darn it I've been wanted to make a sunny day or rain dance team forever. You can get Wingull and Surskit pretty much at the start of your adventure. Let me know your input please!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
You could certainly beat the game using such a team yeah. The one thing is though is that you don't get the TMs for Rain Dance and Sunny Day till partway through the game and there's no auto-weather summoners early on either, and it may take a little time to obtain a Pokemon that learns Rain Dance/Sunny Day via level up. So you can't do it from the get-go but since this is also half a monotype run I take it you'll be able to wait till then.

Weather teams work fine in singles too, people still use those things in competitive to this day (especially rain).

Years
You could certainly beat the game using such a team yeah. The one thing is though is that you don't get the TMs for Rain Dance and Sunny Day till partway through the game and there's no auto-weather summoners early on either, and it may take a little time to obtain a Pokemon that learns Rain Dance/Sunny Day via level up. So you can't do it from the get-go but since this is also half a monotype run I take it you'll be able to wait till then.

Weather teams work fine in singles too, people still use those things in competitive to this day (especially rain).

awesome. I think a rain dance team will be really good against team magma. I know if I had AS Lotad evolves into one of this gen's best rain dancers (so I've been told). I'll have to pick up AS at some point too. I love these games the most of all the 3DS Pokemon games.

Back