• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil naps

Pirate
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
My First Diary
Spoiler:

Thats All Folks

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Kanto Log V2: Entry 2

I covered a little less ground today than I would have liked to, but I still made it to Cerulean and re-earned two badges.

I started the day by hitting Cycling Road. I remembered how long the other way to Fuchsia was, and I was not going to take that path. So Cycling Road was the only other option.

The whole thing was a bridge over the bay, so I was a little apprehensive. It didn't help that it was sloped down hill. Who's dumb idea was that? And all the trainers there were meat headed bikers who talked tough but couldn't even compare to Psycho's power.

After a while, I was at the bottom of Cycling Road, and soon after that I was in Fuchsia City. The Safari Zone was obviously one thing that changed about the city, but it turns out that the Zoo there was also closed. But in it's place there was this thing called the Pal Park, whatever that is.

Everything else, including the Gym, was the same. The invisible wall puzzle still existed, and I still hate it. However, all the trainers looked just like Janine, Koga's daughter and the new Gym Leader. It was so confusing, but battling all the non-Janines made for good training.

I found the real Janine rather easily, and she went straight into battle with very little introduction. She really did look like Koga, and she acted like him too. However, she was also as easy to beat as he was. Crobat, Weezing, Venomoth, and both of her Ariados fell to Zen Headbutt.

After I won, she found out that I had beaten her father in the Elite Four, and she accepted defeat graciously by re-awarding me the Soul Badge.

picture.php

I did a little research around town and found out that the debris from Cinnabar's eruption had yet to be cleared from the route to the south, as I had expected. The only way to reach Cinnabar and it's makeshift Gym was to go through Pallet Town. So I flew back to Saffron to hit up Cerulean City.

However, I decided that if I didn't go to Lavender Town now, I would never go. So I headed east. I'd only stay for a bit, and then I'd get right back to going to Cerulean.

They made a huge change in Lavender Town. Remember the Pokémon Tower, with all the graves and such? They moved all the graves to a different place and turned it into a Radio Tower. I guess the people lost their respect for the dead when radio came out.

Though it turned out that the Power Plant's problems were keeping the tower from broadcasting. The breakdown there was starting to become a problem to my journey. I decided then that I'd go see what's wrong. I checked the map, and it told me that the Power Plant was north of Lavender, but also on the other side of Rock Tunnel. The only other way to get to it was through Cerulean. So I was off to Cerulean, like I had originally planned.

I arrived in Cerulean with no trouble, and headed towards the Power Plant right after I got there. It didn't take long before I was in the Power Plant. The poor manager was about to burst with rage over a stolen part. I felt sorry for the guy. As I was leaving, the guard got word of a shady character in Cerulean that was loitering in the Gym. He asked me to check it out, and I agreed, in hopes it was the guy who stole that part. I needed to get that stupid Magnet Train running again.

Back in the Cerulean Gym, I saw the shady guy right away. In fact, he bumped right into me. And guess what. He was a Team Rocket grunt. Hell no, not again. He spoke in very broken English, and before I could stop him, he ran out the door. I chased him.

He had run towards the cape, and I spotted him on the bridge. He tried to hide between a couple on the bridge, but it didn't do him any good. He tried to tell me that he'd tell me where the part was if I beat him, but his English was really terrible. But I still understood battle.

I won easily, and he said that the part was hidden in the Gym. When he mentioned Team Rocket coming from Johto to avenge him, I gave him the news that I broke them up. He paused for a moment, and then said he'd go back to his country and make Team Rocket there. It's none of my business as to where he goes, as long as I don't have to deal with him later.

I found the machine part easily and brought it back to the Power Plant. The manager was delighted to have it back, and he got the generator up and running immediately.

I returned to Cerulean for my Gym battle, but Misty still was missing. Someone told me that she liked to hang out up at the cove by Bill's house, so that's where I went. Sure enough, there was Misty and some boy. He must've been shy, because he ran off when he saw me. Misty came up and called me a pest, then remembered who I was. She told me that she'd give me a rematch, but it came with a scornful remark to be more patient next time.

Once more, I came back to Cerulean. This time, the Gym was ready for me. It had a slight remodel, no more platforms over the pool, just the pool itself. Misty was also sitting on a lifeguard's chair. She hopped down, said she had been waiting for me, and then started the battle.

Golduck was first, and Zen Headbutt put it out of commission. Next was Quagsire, and it fell the same way. Lapras followed it, but it was taken care of easily with a Meteor Mash. Lastly, her Starmie didn't stand a chance against Shadow Ball.

Misty acknowledged my improved skills and re-awarded me the Cascade Badge.

picture.php

After my victory, I remembered about the Radio Tower in Lavender, and I wondered if they had their power back. I took a short flight there to find out, and they had regained power. The director there heard that I was the one who fixed the problem, and he thanked me by giving me the EXPN Card for my radio. He said that I could listen to Kanto Radio with it.

So now I just have to return to Vermillion tomorrow and run through Diglett's Cave to get to Pewter City, where I can get the next badge. But it's late now, so I'm gonna grab a room for now.

picture.php

Also, while I was playing, I found the most useless Pokémon at the oddest level.
picture.php

It was trainer owned. My only question is why.

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
Years
Name: JakeG
Pokemon: Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking
Games: FireRed, SoulSilver, Emerald and Platinum.

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Kanto Log V2: Entry 3

The last of the Gym Leaders fell today. And you'll never guess who replaced Giovanni. But you'll find out soon. Also, Mt. Silver was fun.

So, I started today from Lavender and flew to Vermillion. I was about to hit Diglett's Cave, but I found out that some Snorlax was blocking it. I didn't know how to make it move; my PokéFlute broke a year ago. Then someone told me that there was a radio station that might play the PokéFlute music. Sure enough, there was one, and it woke that Snorlax right up.

After I beat it, it left and I had access to the tunnel. In the tunnel, the Diglett were just as annoying as they used to be. But I made it out quickly, and I was never going back.

I walked a little bit, and soon I was back in Pewter City. Not much had changed, the old Museum was still there, and so was everything else. The Gym had changed, though. It was rockier, and a lot larger. But the basic principle was still there.

Brock hadn't changed at all. He still had that 'it'll be hard to beat me' attitude, and he didn't even recognize me. Then he started the battle. All of his Pokémon were part Rock type, so all of them were weak to Meteor Mash. End of story.

Brock still didn't recognize who I was, so instead of being re-awarded the badge, he though he was giving it to me for the first time. I blame the fact that he never opens his eyes. But no matter, I still got the Boulder Badge back.

picture.php

Once I re-earned the badge, I left Pewter heading south, towards Viridian City. But I had to navigate through Viridian Forest, which wasn't all that tough. It just took me a bit of time.

On the other side of the forest, it was a short walk to Viridian City. The city itself hadn't changed either, other than a large building in the center of the city. I wasn't curious enough to check it out though; I was more interested in the Gym and its new leader. However, an old man out front told me that he's often away, like he is now. So I just had to skip the Gym and hit Cinnabar Island.

Which meant I'd have to visit Pallet Town sooner than I had hoped. How unfortunate.

In Pallet, I stopped in at my house, said hi to my mom, and did my best to stay unseen by Prof. Oak as I left out the south exit. Luckily, Oak didn't spot me and I left without any notice.

Soon, after a little while of surfing, I started to see the debris from the eruption, and not too much later I arrived at the island. They had rebuilt the PokéCenter, but they still hadn't rebuilt anything else. They must've still been testing for volcanic activity before they start the restoration process.

While I was looking around the island, I spotted the devil. And by the devil, I mean Limey. He gave me an angry glare and said that he'd changed his name now to Blue. So I changed his nickname to Berry. He was steaming. Then he told me that he wanted to battle, but his Pokémon weren't with him, so it'd have to wait. But he did tell me to meet him in Viridian City later for the battle.

I was fine with that because I needed to hit the Cinnabar makeshift Gym in the Seafoam Islands. A short surf east and I was there.

The Gym was in an upper room in the cave, and it was based around beating trainers and finding the right path through the Gym. The pattern was that each trainer took a step back after defeat. Using this pattern I easily found my way to Blaine.

Blaine greeted me and told me how he didn't give up after the eruption and how he had made the Gym in the cave. Then we battled. First off, let me tell you that Earthquake came through yet again and made this whole Gym extremely easy. Blaine's Magcargo, Magmar, and Rapidash all fell to Earthquake.

Blaine gave the usual "I've burned out" pun and re-awarded me the Volcano Badge.

picture.php

I flew off to Viridian City to see if Limey, or I guess he's Berry now, was ready for his beating. Then I noticed that the Gym was open. I put Berry on hold and entered the Gym. It was then that I noticed that the Gym still had those Spinning Moving Tiles from Hell. Damn.

I maneuvered around the Gym, nearly puking twice, until I reached the Gym Leader platform. And who should I find there? Berry. AKA Limey. AKA the jerk-wad who I hate with all my guts. He scoffed at me and said that it's my fault he's only a Gym Leader. The battle inevitably ensued.

His roster had changed from the last time I battled him. He started with an Exeggutor. It fainted after a Shadow Ball, and he followed it with an Arcanine, which got knocked out cold by Earthquake. After that was a Rhydon, who didn't stand a chance against Meteor Mash. Next was Machamp, who fell to Zen Headbutt. Down to only two Pokémon, he sent out a Gyarados. It got KOed by a solid Zen Headbutt. His final Pokémon was a Pidgeot. It tried to put up a fight, but it couldn't take the punishment brought on by Zen Headbutt.

Berry couldn't believe it. He had lost once again to us. But he didn't have any choice, and he was forced to re-award us the Earth Badge.

picture.php

And with that, I had regained all 8 Kanto Gym Badges. ...now what do I do?

As soon as I left the Gym, Prof. Oak called. He told me he wanted to give me something and that I should drop by his Lab in Pallet. I didn't know where else to go, so I decided to go.

Right when I entered his Lab and approached him, Prof. Oak handed me HM 08. He said that it was Rock Climb, and with it, I could scale rocky cliffs. Then he noticed that I had re-earned all the badges and told me of a place on the Kanto/Johto border called Mt. Silver. He told me that only the strongest trainers are allowed there, and that he would have it arranged so that I could, too. So it was off to Mt. Silver for me.

The road to Mt. Silver was abandoned. There were no trainers at all, only me, myself, and Psycho. It was kinda lonely, but I wasn't gonna turn back because of being alone. I was determined to reach the top of Mt. Silver.

There was one house, but I didn't enter it. If it was all the way out here, the person obviously didn't want company. Instead, I kept going until I reached a Pokémon Center right at the foot of the mountain. It was empty save for the nurse.

I healed up quickly and, despite how late it was, headed into the cave at the base of Mt. Silver. The place was huge, and it even had its own river and waterfalls! I spent hours exploring it, and I'm still unsure if I saw everything.

I finally reached the summit, and boy was it cold. Snow and hail were coming down, and everything was covered in snow. I must say, it was beautiful. And the view was astounding. I could see Indigo Plateau from here! And then I noticed the one other person.

He was standing alone, his back to me, facing outward. He wasn't moving, just standing there, as if frozen. He very well could have been. I approached him, and nothing happened. Then I tapped his shoulder, and he faced me. He was very much alive. He looked about my age. He said nothing, he only stared at me. Finally, after a long time, he gave the universal signal to start a battle.

I found out his name only after the battle began. He was called Red. Maybe a distant cousin of Berry's? But that's off the topic.

The battle was one of the hardest I've ever been in. He had six Pokémon, and they were all over level 70. His first Pokémon was a Pikachu, but it was at level 88! It was a quick little thing, and it got off a Thunderbolt before Psycho KOed it with Earthquake. Then he sent out a Charizard, and Psycho couldn't quite finish it off. It KOed Psycho with a Flare Blitz, but it also took itself out as well. I sent out an HM slave so I could use a Max Revive on Psycho. His next Pokémon was a Blastoise, and when Psycho came back out, he got in a Critical Zen Headbutt.

Following the Blastoise was a Lapras, and Psycho took its HP way down with a Meteor Mash, but not quite all the way. It used Brine and did a decent amount of damage. Red used a Full Restore on the Lapras, and Psycho fired off a quick Shadow Ball and followed up with a Meteor Mash, taking the Lapras all the way down. His fifth Pokémon was a Snorlax, and it was a tank. Psycho brought it down to the edge several times, and Red would keep using Full Restores on it. Finally Psycho KOed it with two Earthquakes. Red was down to his last Pokémon, a Venusaur. Psycho's Zen Headbutt went Critical, and Venusaur was out.

Red said nothing, only gave a look of surprise. Suddenly, he vanished, and I was left alone on the mountain. I used my Escape Rope to leave, and now I'm at the Pokémon Center at the mountain's base. This journal has run its course, now it's time for rest.

picture.php

By the way, I just thought I'd add this, but this was my first level 100 ever. I feel so proud right now. And I didn't even use any Rare Candies on him.

Years
Spoiler:

2nd Update
Spoiler:

Last edited:

FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!!

Call me FOFS
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2021
Ok, Because of the Lack of Internet I have completed 2 Solo Runs wihout signing up, but now i am.
I have all the info so this just makes it official.

Charizard:
Spoiler:

Venusaur:
Spoiler:

Now I will ask nicely.
Myrrhman, could you add me to the completed list under Kanto with Charizard and Venusaur.
That'd be great.
THX :)

FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!!

Call me FOFS
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2021
This post contains both my singing up for and ending with Blastiose in Kanto.
So, I am doing a Blastiose solo run in Kanto, Version: Blue

Started my Blastoise Solo Challenge for Kanto, Blue Version
Name:Taurin
Rival:Sibon
Squirtle:Blastor
Obtained Pokedex
Caught Pidgey
Evoled Blastor
Beat Brock
Got SSANNE TICKET
Beat Misty
Got Cut
Caught Sandshrew
Beat Lt.Surge
Caught Zubat
Beat Team Rocket
Beat Erika
Saved Mr. Fiji
Beat Koga
Got Surf and Strength
Caught Kangeskahn
Beat Team Rocket again
Got MasterBall
Beat Sabrina
Got Secret Key
Beat Blaine
Beat Giovani
Beat Sibon
Got through Victory Road
Beat the leet 4 on my first time through
This ends my Solo run through Kanto with Blastiose

Team:
Blastor Lv.75
Spr_1b_009.png

Pidgey
Spr_1b_016.png

Sandshrew
Spr_1b_027.png

Kangeskahn
Spr_1b_115.png

Zubat
Spr_1b_041.png

Lapras
Spr_1b_131.png

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Ok so this sounds like something I can do (usually solo run with my starter) I think I might try doing it with Metagross is Pearl. Just a question if I decide that I wont to try the ultimate challenge solo challenge will my solo run I'm going to do be counted towards the ultimate solo run? Anyway I'll get started :)

Uhhhh can't find my old pearl so I'll use diamond for the run.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ok so this sounds like something I can do (usually solo run with my starter) I think I might try doing it with Metagross is Pearl. Just a question if I decide that I wont to try the ultimate challenge solo challenge will my solo run I'm going to do be counted towards the ultimate solo run? Anyway I'll get started :)

Uhhhh can't find my old pearl so I'll use diamond for the run.
If you only want to do it on Diamond, and not the others, I'll sign you up there.

Does anybody have a good DS emulator?
I know of No$GBA and DeSmuMe (don't know which letters are capital) but I can't get either one to work on my computer.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Two updates for today.

Hoenn Log 1

Yes, you read the title right, I'm leaving my post as Champion again to check out another region. This time, it's the island region of Hoenn. I heard of it from some guy named Steven in the Silph Co. lobby. We met, and he noticed that I had a Metagross, one of his favorite Pokémon. We became friends, and he told me that he came from Hoenn and that it was a really cool place. So here I am.

After the boat ride over, Psycho ended up going through the same procedure that he went through in Johto. Now he's a level 5 Beldum again. But that won't stay that way for long.

I had arrived in Littleroot Town, and was exploring north past Odale Town when I ran into this girl named May. She was doing something on a clip-board when she noticed me. She saw that I was a trainer and we had a battle.

She had a Torchic. I had never seen this Pokémon before, but I could tell it was Fire type. Luckily, it knew no Fire type moves, and Psycho took it down with Take Down.

When I won, she wanted to introduce me to her dad back in Littleroot, mainly because he is a professor. I didn't really want to, but she dragged me there anyway.

Her dad was Prof. Birch, and he was kinda tubby. But that's beside the point. He commended me for beating May and told me that there was a Gym in Rustboro City that I could challenge. So that's where my next stop would be.

I headed back to Odale Town, and then west. The route was short and sweet, and soon enough I was in a city by the name of Petalburg. And it had a Gym. I thought that I might see what's going on in there before I continued on the way to Rustboro.

In the Gym, I met the Leader right away. He introduced himself as Norman, but he said he wasn't taking challengers right now. Then, out of the blue, a timid boy named Wally came in. He talked about getting a Pokémon to accompany him while he was away. Norman was supposed to help him with that, but he didn't have the time to right now, so he asked me.

I didn't want to get in a beef with a Gym Leader, so I grudgingly agreed. Norman gave Wally the PokéBalls and Pokémon he needed to catch his own, and I led him to the grass. He caught his Pokémon, a Ralts, and we were done.

Norman thanked me, and told me of Rustboro City as well. So I was on my way yet again.

I headed west again, but was stopped by some guy with huge sunglasses. He assumed I was a trainer, then brushed me aside because I only had one Pokémon. I was a little offended, but I didn't care that much.

Continuing onward, the path ran right by a beach before turning north into a forest named Petalburg Woods. I walked around a bit until I came across a guy who was looking for Shroomish. Suddenly, a guy dressed in a blue pirate looking outfit appeared and yelled at the guy to hand over some papers. The guy jumped behind me and told me to help him. The guy in blue mentioned Team Aqua and attacked. He had a Poochyena, which was easy to beat. He took off after mentioning being after something in Rustboro.

The guy, apparently a Devon employee, whatever that meant, thanked me with a Great Ball. Then he pondered what the Aqua dude meant, then once he figured it out, he ran off, screaming about a crisis. Weirdo.

I found my way to the exit of the woods and was in Rustboro City not too long afterwards. Walking around showed the city to be of a decent size, but nowhere near as big as Saffron or Goldenrod. There were a few tall buildings, but nothing much.

The Gym was located in a rather easy to find place, but I noticed that it was a Rock type Gym. Psycho hadn't evolved yet, and he still only knew Take Down as a Beldum. So I decided that I'd go grind a bit until he evolved. We left the city at the northeast exit and started training. After hours of work, Psycho finally evolved into a Metang and learned Confusion and Metal Claw for the third time.

We returned to Rustboro and took on the Gym. It was straight-forward, and it took only seconds for me to reach Roxanne, the Gym Leader. She was very formal, and didn't challenge me, but asked me to battle. I accepted, and the battle began.

Metal Claw. That's all you need to know about this fight.

After our victory, Roxanne awarded us the Stone Badge and TM 39.

picture.php

When I left the building, I was about to hit the PokéCenter to heal when I saw that Aqua dude from before run away from this tall building near the Gym. The same Devon guy from before was chasing him, shouting at him to not take the goods. I followed to see what the heck was going on.

The guy was standing on the outskirts of the city, huffing and puffing his head off. He saw me and asked me to get the Devon Goods back from that guy.

I ran after the Aqua dude and found out that he'd gone into some unfinished tunnel. He had also stolen some old guy's Pokémon as a hostage. I entered the tunnel and found him in a dead end.

The guy was upset about the whole thing, and he tried to take his frustration out on me. He had the same Pokémon as before, just a little tougher. But still no match for Psycho.

He grumbled stuff about how easy this whole thing was supposed to be, then handed me the goods and ran off. The old man from before came into the cave and was glad that his Peeko, a Wingull, was just fine. He introduced himself as Mr. Briney. He said if I needed anything, I could drop by his cottage near Petalburg Woods. I remembered seeing that cottage, and it had a dock and a boat by it. Then he and his Wingull left.

I brought the Goods back to the Devon guy and he thanked me with another Great Ball. He brought me into the Devon Corp.'s top floor to speak with the President there. Turns out he wanted me to deliver those goods to a Shipyard in Slateport City. I had no clue where that was, but I agreed. I'd probably find myself there anyway. The President also asked me to deliver a letter to Steven in Dewford. Since I knew him, I agreed.

Then the President thanked me by giving me a PokéNav. He said it was a great tool for traveling trainers, and it reminded me a lot of the PokéGear from Johto. He told me it had a map of Hoenn, so that was pretty useful. He also mentioned Team Aqua and another team, Team Magma, which were causing trouble all over the Hoenn region.

I was a little worried about that, but I didn't put too much thought into it for now.

I looked at the map and saw that Dewford Town was overseas, on a smaller island to the southern end of Hoenn. I'd have to get a boat there, for I had left my surfing Pokémon in Johto.

Then I remembered Mr. Briney and his boat. I figured I'd ask him for a ride, and that's where I headed to. As I was leaving Rustboro, I noticed May standing there. I approached her, we struck up a small conversation, and she and I registered each other in our PokéNav. Then we had a quick battle, which I won, and she told me that Mr. Briney was once a revered sailor. That strengthened my hopes of getting a ride with him.

By the time I said bye to May, it was late, so I grabbed a room at the PokéCenter to wait for tomorrow to come.

picture.php

Hoenn Log 2

OK, these long journals are killing me, so I'm just gonna start bulleting everything. Much simpler for me that way.

So, events of today:

-Caught a Nincada for a Cut slave; nicknamed it Tyranitar for no real reason other than for laughs
-Went to Mr. Briney's house and got a ride to Dewford
-Found out Steven was in Granite Cave
-Figured out that I'd need the Gym badge to use Flash here
-Entered the Gym to find pitch darkness
-Stubbed my to millions of times trying to find the Leader
-Finally found him and battled him
-Easy fight, Confusion and Metal Claw did everything they needed to do and more
-Earned the Knuckle Badge
picture.php

-Re-entered Granite Cave
-Navigated the darkness with the help of Tyranitar's Flash
-Found Steven, delivered letter, and registered him in my PokéNav
-Exited Granite Cave
-Sailed to Slateport beach and, shortly after, Slateport City
-Saw a bunch of Team Aqua dudes at a Museum
-Found the Shipyard
-Found out Capt. Stern is the one waiting for the goods
-Also found out he wasn't there
-Checked out the museum and found it full of Team Aqua goons
-Found Capt. Stern on floor 2
-Protected him from Aqua goons
-Met their leader, Archie
-Delivered parts to Capt. Stern
-Ran into that Scott person again and registered him in my PokéNav, though a little unsure of him
-Also ran into Birch and registered him
-ALSO ran into May and had a battle
-Wingull lost to Metal Claw, Combusken lost to Confusion, Lombre lost to Take Down
-Got Itemfinder from May
-Arrived in Mauville City
-Got Bike from store
-Found Wally in front of Gym
-Battled him, destroyed his Ralts with Metal Claw
-Entered Gym
-Navigated electric gates with ease
-Got to Gym Leader, Wattson, and battled
-Voltorb Self-Destructed, doing almost no damage to Psycho, Electrike fell after two Confusions, Magneton was a ***** and took a billion Take Downs to kill, and Manectric took a few Confusions to defeat
-Got the Dynamo Badge from Wattson
picture.php

-Caught a Marill for Rock Smash slave; nicknamed it Ivysaur
-Visited Wally
-Finished the Verdanturf Tunnel with Rock Smash
-Relaxed in the PokéCenter

That's it for today. And I'm telling you, it was soooooo much easier writing like this. I'm just gonna do this all the time now. And if you got a problem with that, too bad. :P

picture.php

Lil naps

Pirate
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Does anybody have a good DS emulator?
I use iDeaS. Only for Windows and Linux
ideasemu[dot]biz/index.php?act=downloads.htm

2nd Diary:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status