• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Multiverse

Should I use fanmade starters or already made starters?

• Fanmade

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Official

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Roboblob

Jod St. August
Years
I need people to help me out with this. i can do the designs and the plot, but I need spriters and mappers and all that.

Plot
Spoiler:

Characters
Spoiler:

Team(So far)
Spoiler:

I just need more spriters, mappers, beta testers, and Pokemon Essentials 11. I'll get around to downloading it eventually. School is busying me for now.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
.I think this idea has a lot of potential in it. If you develop it well, it could end up in a great game. I have one question though : How will the battles without pokemon be?
And i saw you needed beta tester, so count me in! And if you need help on the story, i'm your man. Anyway, good luck with this.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
I might have time to make some maps for you... Might... Your story does has potential.. But.. What do you know about RMXP and Essentials? Is designing and plot all you can do?

Roboblob

Jod St. August
Years
I might have time to make some maps for you... Might... Your story does has potential.. But.. What do you know about RMXP and Essentials? Is designing and plot all you can do?

So far, yes. I do what I can. I'm learning how to utilize the battle system.

.I think this idea has a lot of potential in it. If you develop it well, it could end up in a great game. I have one question though : How will the battles without pokemon be?
And i saw you needed beta tester, so count me in! And if you need help on the story, i'm your man. Anyway, good luck with this.

It's the backview of the player character and the battle sprite for the other guy. You have commands for fighting. Namely, PUNCH, KICK, TACKLE, and SHOVE.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
It's the backview of the player character and the battle sprite for the other guy. You have commands for fighting. Namely, PUNCH, KICK, TACKLE, and SHOVE.
Okay i understand. It's basically the same system as the pokemon fights. I wish you good luck with this.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
So, it's basically this. It starts out like any other Pokemon game. You choose to be either a boy or a girl, gender you don't pick becomes your pseudo-rival, some other person becomes your rival, you get 8 badges to enter the League, and you have to defeat an evil team whose plot relevancy will overshadow the standard gym badges=Elite Four plot.
I like how you emphasize that this idea is nothing special so far :D

He/she is reading a news article about this region's evil team, Team Universe. It says that Universe is building a device that can enable them to travel the Pokemon multiverse.
I'm confused, is Team Universe offically showing off their device and only we (as readers of your post) know they are evil or does everybody in the game knows that so obviously some insider information went out of the team. If so, are they pursuading the mole?

The hero/ine wishes that they could do something to stop it.
Why is multiversal travel bad again?
Ash Ketchum from the anime universe pops up.
Nevermind, this IS bad!
Ash battles the second-in-command
Gary was there, Ash is a looser!

you battle the boss
Why? Is the protagonist a Pokedex holder? Does he have a stronger bond to the boss than Red (somewhat similiar to Emerald and Jirachi, though the situation was completely different). Is it some inconvinience that the protagonist lands there? Because I can hardly imaging Red letting a rookie go against the evil boss, at least not alone.

You punch him into the device, destroying it.
Is the boss a wimp or is the protagonist working out in secret? To punch someone into a certain direction is no easy thing to do.

But, Ash, Pikachu, and his Pokemon are stuck in your universe now.
WHYYYYYY? For the sake of Anime inconsistence, does that mean he doesn't age there either? Will other people notice this? Will he be examined? :D

and face your rival/champion
No, wait! Rival was defeating Leaf earlier so he can't be faster than protagonist in climbing the tower after everything is fine again.

I think the idea is extendable. And personally, I don't like Ash. Also, how is Orion connected to the other regions?

Enough critics for today, time to continue learning...

Roboblob

Jod St. August
Years
I like how you emphasize that this idea is nothing special so far :D

I like the RPG feeling plot better than the main plot.

I'm confused, is Team Universe offically showing off their device and only we (as readers of your post) know they are evil or does everybody in the game knows that so obviously some insider information went out of the team. If so, are they pursuading the mole?

News bloggers are dedicated to their jobs. Let's just say that one guy went under cover to uncover this info.

Why is multiversal travel bad again?
Nevermind, this IS bad!
Gary was there, Ash is a looser!

I firmly believe that multiuniversal travel unbalances the whole multiverse itself. Worlds will be destroyed. Or permanently changed.

Why? Is the protagonist a Pokedex holder? Does he have a stronger bond to the boss than Red (somewhat similiar to Emerald and Jirachi, though the situation was completely different). Is it some inconvinience that the protagonist lands there? Because I can hardly imaging Red letting a rookie go against the evil boss, at least not alone.

Remember, Blue is still battling Red at this point. All those battles take place simultaneously. Besides, you usually have to battle the boss in the games anyway.

Is the boss a wimp or is the protagonist working out in secret? To punch someone into a certain direction is no easy thing to do.

Theme Music Power-Up. Well, Battle Music Power-Up. That, and I vision the leader as a fairly thin guy.

WHYYYYYY? For the sake of Anime inconsistence, does that mean he doesn't age there either? Will other people notice this? Will he be examined? :D

Depends on how long he's there.

No, wait! Rival was defeating Leaf earlier so he can't be faster than protagonist in climbing the tower after everything is fine again.

Moving at the speed of the plot. That, and this takes place a few weeks after the Team Universe incident.

I think the idea is extendable. And personally, I don't like Ash. Also, how is Orion connected to the other regions?

You don't like Ash? I never would've guessed. And, it's east of Unova.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
Remember, Blue is still battling Red at this point. All those battles take place simultaneously. Besides, you usually have to battle the boss in the games anyway.
Yeah, realized this later but forget to change my post accordingly. I knew you had the Boss battle in mind, I was just pointing out the Why. Like, did prota earned enough trust from Blue and so on (because they hardly meet according to your plot, just two, three times. (On the other side, this isn't really unusual for the games indeed.)) or was prota just there conveniently? I guess you'll go for trust and convenience together; I just wanted to explain the original intention of my question.

Looks good so far. Now it is amusing how rival regained his power faster and became champ already. "Hey Elite Four, you sure have recovered after 2 days? Let's battle!" :D

EDIT; I've just voted for original starters thinking by "original" you simply mean "no fake pokemon". It's simply my taste, because through some Fakemon look amazing, I just don't see the point, because there are enough Pokemon out already :P
Oh, and it's just that I can't take Ash seriously.

Last edited:

Roboblob

Jod St. August
Years
With other projects in the way, I think I might have to either shut this down, or just be only good for concept and let others do the work. Projects being school and writing. Mostly school.

Back