• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Sorry about lack of updates here, work has been cray cray lol.
Nevertheless, I've a new version waiting to be uploaded, which also includes having been upgraded to Essentials v16.

However, upon next release, ALL, yes all, stat increases and decrease will be in full effect... So if you are in a snowy area, then Ice types will gain an insane advantage compared to a Flying type who will sadly suffer a loss in power... Gyms also have stat advantages and disadvantages, so be careful... In version 0.5.9, you could "see" the ups and downs, dependent on what are you were in, version 1.0 actually has them in effect, so battling has become that much more difficult... In-case you're thinking:
"it's okay, I'll just find a Pokémon who is strong in this area and wipe wash all others anyway"
Think again... The gains don't just effect your Pokémon, they effect all Pokémon on the field... So NPC's will never have felt so strong.

In addition to this, all bonus items received at the beginning (in storage), have been removed and been put back to the basic Potions.

PokéCenters have been re-worked to have shaky balls and not only that, your starter now disappears to heal and reappears when healed... Eggs also don't appear on the healing machine.

Many events have been re-worked and fixed.
Many graphics have been fixed.
Many NPC's have been added.

I'm looking to get the new release out, this week.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Sweet deal, great to hear! Hope its before Thursday as I have a massive work schedual ahead of me.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Sorry to say, the game won't be out before tomorrow... As much as I'd like it to be... Hopefully your work load isn't too much that you have time to relax still.

But the next version is going to be so vast in terms of RPG's created with RPG Maker XP, I will release more details about it when the download is ready... I hope you guys will be excited as much as I am when I test it lol.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2018
Hey, probably been posted before but I entered the cave on Lake Selwyn and theres no option to leave :'(
Also, When I got to the first gym I only had 1 pokemon and it took me around 30 minutes to walk through the start of the town to the gym to find out I needed to have a second pokemon. Then with the lag in that area and encounters it took another 20 minutes to get back out of the town (why doesn't the first gym town have pokeballs in the mart) and get back to the little town and buy pokeballs. Aside from that first gym town with the grass and lag I'm enjoying it a lot.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Yeah, sorry about the lag in some areas, I'm not entirely sure why there is lag in some areas, in fact, the main culprit is Route 02 for some reason, Barnwood may have lag for some and not others, probably because of the grass and events walking around in the grass... But it's definitely player specific, so an area which lags for you, doesn't lag for another, as I said, except Route 02... I don't know how to fix this unfortunately, but I'm trying all different things.

As for your lack of Pokémon options, I definitely advise you to catch as many Pokémon as you can, you will not succeed without doing so, this game will be extremely difficult without training various Pokémon.

As an added addition to that comment... I would use the current version as a "learning how to play", many players now are literally trying to break the game by speed battling and using items for no reason, opening and closing menus randomly, speaking to NPC's 10 times each... Things like that, because the next version will require you to start again, which in some cases will be a pain, but with Essentials v16 released, the game will release more features that are not in the current version, plus updated to Essentials v16.

As for PokéBalls not being in the first Mart, PokéBalls are available in Roughneck City, for a raised price I might add, but you must have collected your stater before you can buy anything... Not all cities/towns will sell the items you would assume, sometimes they stock these items later in the game, you can always come back to these Marts at a later time and see what helpful items they stock.

I'll give you an update on what the next version will hold.
*Update*
New buildings - Some cities/towns, now have an added building that you can access later in the game... These buildings will be visible, but inaccessible, some cases block by trees, NPC's, locked doors, but any building that has a door, will be accessible at one point in the game.

Ups and Downs in stats - You may have met an NPC called Melanie, she may have told you about area specific stat boosts or reductions, in the current version, they were not active, in the next version, they will be fully active, keep a close eye on your team now.

Pause Menu - There has been a slight change in the Pause Menu that now sees a "controls" menu section so you can check all new button functions and button combinations more easily.

Mini Game - Final Fantasy 8's Triple Triad is in full effect... Almost 80% of NPC's can be challenged to a game of Triple Triad, playing NPC's can vary in difficulty through out the region... Each NPC has a small, but varied deck they use as to acquire cards to your liking more easily... In the region there are Triad Quest Leaders; These guys have been picked to test your abilities, before you can challenge the Triad Masters; Who are very tough and hold the more rarer cards... Not all Triad Masters hold Legendary Cards, some NPC's hold rare cards too.

The way you "win" cards from opponents has been changed... If you played Triple Triad in Essentials before, winning a game of Triple Triad gave you a random card from the opponents deck, so acquiring that card you want, could potentially be difficult... Now, you can pick from the 5 cards played, if the match allows you to (if the match is not a random gains match anyway), in some cases, you may not be able to pick any, but you'll get the hang of it eventually, I hope.

As I spoke earlier in the post, there are now Legendary Cards you can acquire, these cards are called, Player Cards... These player cards have characters that appear in the game (not renamed like the protagonists), there are 8 Player Cards, 4 of which of Legendary... To gain these cards, you must complete a bunch of quests to acquire them... The remaining 4 Player Cards can be acquired from NPC's.

A guide will be released on how and where to find Triad Quest Leaders and Triad Masters as well as how to gain the special cards.

New Marts - Card shops *gasp*, you can now buy triad cards from a shop... However, if you've played Essentials Triple Triad and bought cards... Essentials allows you to purchase cards of "seen" Pokémon in your PokéDex... My way, you can now visit a Pokémon Triad Card Mart (there are 5 Card Marts in the region), and buy booster packs... There are 4 packets available:
Booster Pack > Trainer Pack > Elite Pack > Legendary Pack.
Each pack from the former to the latter, has a much better rate to find better cards... These packs are quite expensive and range from $5,000-$22,000, dependent on town/city.

Following Starters Move - In the current version the follower just slides around the map, with no animation... The follower now walks on the spot.

New Item - Meteor Rock (description: "Great power is oozing from this meteor rock.")... Can you guess what's being worked on here?!

Sorry for so much information, I just kept writing and writing... But that's some of the features, obviously, this doesn't include the new Gen VI stuff that comes with Essentials among other things... I'll try to get the next version out as quickly as possible, I'm just finalizing a few things before the release... Keep an eye on this space.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
*UPDATE*
Finally had a few hours to work on the game and finalize it a little bit... So a release is going to come around in the next 48 hours... Keep an eye on this space.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Pokémon MOTLP v1.0 Download
This version will make all previous save files completely useless and will unfortunately mean you will have to start from the beginning.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
HUUUUGE PROBLEM. I just started my game and when I put in my name the game crashed. It says specifically "Marshal data too short", which I assume is somehow a name that's too short is not allowed. My name is four letters long so If I'm correct then a lot of people wanting to use short names will be upset.

NRlLBIO.png
[/IMG]

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Sorry about that... I'll drop a new download in a few hours.
I've been playing around with how the Trainer and NPC names are handled.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
OH ISEE. I'm sure we can wait. Its a good thing you mentioned the NPC names because up to this point I noticed that Melanie, the female rival, she appears to have her name mis-written as "O" when you go north from the lake and get information about the stat changes by environment mechanic. I've no idea due to the above bug if the same has stayed in the new version or not but it will help to make sure the important NPCs all have the right names.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Yeah, so the chat should be fixed, I'm not too sure if all the chat is fixed, but they all seem fine to me...
You know, I can't for the life of me, create that error and I'm pretty sure your error is because of an old save file... Not because your name is too short... When I start a new game, I choose female, I leave the name as "Nici" which is the female characters name, and the game continues like it should... Others haven't had this problem... Maybe try downloading the game again and see what happens.

I'm going to re-add the download since the problem is only your end.

Something I will point out, since upgrading to Essentials v16.1... There seems to be some added obscurities in map transferring, sound effect playing, BGM playing and ME playing... So any problems you may find with any of these making a sudden change or stop playing or not playing at all... It's actually Essentials that has caused this, not me, so a fix may be a little more troublesome.

Download Pokémon Dreams: Mystery Of The Legendary Pokémon version 1.0

Edit: One of these days I'm going to edit the OP lol.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmm I didn't se this part before. After the thing I shared before it says this on the new crash I just got; "script pokebattle_trainer 128 no method found" or something like that.

EDIT: I think the issue is my save, which for the live of me I can't find my save file anyplace. It's not under saved games for some messed up reason.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I don't know, it should be in saved games... The only thing I can do for you, is start a game on my end, pick the gender and name for you and send you the save file and see if you can just press continue, do you want to try that?

Maybe make sure you've downloaded a completely new version and that you're not keeping --->any<--- files from the old one, because this new version will not work at all with any files from the last version, a lot of things have been re-worked and re-done.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm certain I'm downloading the latest version. Perhaps using your copy might be ideal now that I think about it.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Here, you can try the attachment, just drop the file in to "Saved Games/MOTLP/" folder... You can (or should be able to) press continue... You can then, continue your way until you've met Prof. Oak, go in to your items and use an item called "Rename" and change your name... We can always try this way and see if that new save will cancel all problems with older save files.

Let me know if you can play now.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
DAMNIT!!!!!! Now it does that same exact error upon going past the flipping title screen! I can't even open a new file! Now I can never play this game again because I have no idea where I put the original game files!

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
What's the error? Can you print screen it for me.
We'll get it fixed, I'm sure.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
It's the same error as before, this time as stated it happens right as I try to go past the title screen instead of during the setup phase. It starts with the one I shown before:

NRlLBIO.png

Then it follows up with this. This one I forgot to include before but both messages are tied to this problem I think.

7YHjR78.png

Back