• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
That could mean anything. Don't forget, the teaser poster for DP had Paul among Ash and Dawn with Brock nowhere in sight, implying he was going to replace Brock as a potential traveling buddy for Ash, yet then we learn that not only is Brock indeed part of the main party and Paul is not, but Paul in fact was Ash's rival. For all we know, Mallow could easily be a minor rival of Ash's in the beginning. And that's even assuming that's even going to be in the final show. Don't forget, the opening for I think Battle Frontier had Jessie with a Weavile, yet she never actually got one. In fact, the only one of the Pokémon that Team Rocket actually captured in the show in that opening was Mime Jr., who was caught by James.

I don't understand why they feel they need to change characters up?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I don't understand why they feel they need to change characters up?

If Masamitsu Hidaka is anything to go by, it's basically to sell eyecandy to boys, even though that's not even close to the appropriate age for them. Either way, it was still a mistake to remove Misty, something even Takeshi Shudo acknowledged, and if this G.E.M. series is to be believed, not to mention the Alola region's design choice and the fact that the 20th Anniversary of the Anime's coming next year, hopefully they'll have learned from their mistakes.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
If Masamitsu Hidaka is anything to go by, it's basically to sell eyecandy to boys, even though that's not even close to the appropriate age for them. Either way, it was still a mistake to remove Misty, something even Takeshi Shudo acknowledged, and if this G.E.M. series is to be believed, not to mention the Alola region's design choice and the fact that the 20th Anniversary of the Anime's coming next year, hopefully they'll have learned from their mistakes.

Does Takeshi Shudo run the Pokemon franchise now? They should of had her on for another 3 seasons.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Takeshi Shudo's Misty wasn't handled that great. It wasn't until when Atsuhiro Tomoika took over as head writer when Misty got better focus and development as a character.

Yeah, though even Shudo's Misty had her moments. Heck, it was Princess vs. Princess that really made me loyal to her. And she also did genuinely badass things even under Shudo's direction (for starters, she saved Ash in the first episode, she managed to formulate the plan to get out of the St. Anne, she and her knowledge of riddles was essentially the reason why Ash was even able to challenge Blaine, let alone win the Volcano Badge, and she saved Porta Vista from the Tentacool and Tentacruel. Heck, it was also Misty who pretty much saved Ash in Movie 2, and to some extent saved the group in Movie 1.).

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Takeshi Shudo's Misty wasn't handled that great. It wasn't until when Atsuhiro Tomoika took over as head writer when Misty got better focus and development as a character.

So does Atsuhiro run the Pokemon franchise now?

Yeah, though even Shudo's Misty had her moments. Heck, it was Princess vs. Princess that really made me loyal to her. And she also did genuinely badass things even under Shudo's direction (for starters, she saved Ash in the first episode, she managed to formulate the plan to get out of the St. Anne, she and her knowledge of riddles was essentially the reason why Ash was even able to challenge Blaine, let alone win the Volcano Badge, and she saved Porta Vista from the Tentacool and Tentacruel. Heck, it was also Misty who pretty much saved Ash in Movie 2, and to some extent saved the group in Movie 1.).

I talked to a lot of people who saw the new series and they said they didn't care for it. But I think bringing Misty back could further develop Ash's character.

Last edited by a moderator:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
So does Atsuhiro run the Pokemon franchise now?

I talked to a lot of people who saw the new series and they said they didn't care for it. But I think bringing Misty back could further develop Ash's character.

How so? Dawn and May and Max did wonders for his character than Misty did in my opinion.

FYI, if Dawn can't come back who was the most popular female companion of Pokemon in Japan
no way in heck is Misty. I think the newer Generation doesn't even know about her matter of
fact. Only old time fans such as you and myself remember her, if they were to bring her back
it'd be for Anniversary and that'd only be for an episode or two with other old time characters.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
How so? Dawn and May and Max did wonders for his character than Misty did in my opinion.

FYI, if Dawn can't come back who was the most popular female companion of Pokemon in Japan
no way in heck is Misty. I think the newer Generation doesn't even know about her matter of
fact. Only old time fans such as you and myself remember her, if they were to bring her back
it'd be for Anniversary and that'd only be for an episode or two with other old time characters.

I actually thought Misty had a nuturing side to her but it doesn't matter if they constantly hitting the reset button all the time. I do agree with you that they would only bring her back for a special and/or even like like 2-3 episode arch here and there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020

I wouldn't be too sure about that claim about only old time fans remembering her. Back when I was in high school, there was a kid who went to the neighboring elementary school, and he offered to help get signatures for bringing Misty back onto Pokémon. Not to mention, just a couple years back, maybe just a year ago, there was a photo that surfaced of a toddler wearing Misty's outfit.

Years
As Weedle said, even people who didn't grow up during 1st Gen seem to like Misty. That's likely explaining something isn't it?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Actually, it was both 5th and 6th Gen that didn't have any games where Kanto appeared. Instead XY had a lot of Kanto shoutouts.

Have you forgotten the PWT feature from BW2, where Misty made an appearance in? That makes Gen VI the only gen without Misty.

Years
I always forget the PWT. Been a while since I played B2/W2 as my Black 2 getting corrupted caused me to lose interest in that particular game.

It is interesting that Misty never appeared in a 6th Gen game though, when you consider all that.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
If there is a 20th anniversary anime special when would we hear about it?

Years
If there is a 20th anniversary anime special when would we hear about it?

The 10th anniversary in 2006 had Mastermind Of Mirage Pokemon (the dubbed version was also the first official English dubbing released by TPCi when they took over from 4Kids) and while the games have so far made a big deal out of the 20th anniversary with the monthly mythical events and Pokemon GO popularity, I'm not sure if it will exactly mean the anime will have a 20th anniversary special next year.

We haven't heard anything new regarding future plans for the anime, whether it'd be a possible Alola saga or even an anniversary special.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The 10th anniversary in 2006 had Mastermind Of Mirage Pokemon (the dubbed version was also the first official English dubbing released by TPCi when they took over from 4Kids) and while the games have so far made a big deal out of the 20th anniversary with the monthly mythical events and Pokemon GO popularity, I'm not sure if it will exactly mean the anime will have a 20th anniversary special next year.

We haven't heard anything new regarding future plans for the anime, whether it'd be a possible Alola saga or even an anniversary special.

You have to remember that they made it clear that the next movie was the 20th movie. And Pikachu was in the video with the starters. That most likely means that they will be celebrating 20th Ann for the anime as well.

Years
You have to remember that they made it clear that the next movie was the 20th movie. And Pikachu was in the video with the starters. That most likely means that they will be celebrating 20th Ann for the anime as well.

Mastermind Of Mirage Pokemon wasn't an official movie, but if what you're saying is an indication, maybe we could say next year's movie will probably double as the 20th anniversary special, assuming they don't do another one-off special like Mastermind Of Mirage Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Mastermind Of Mirage Pokemon wasn't an official movie, but if what you're saying is an indication, maybe we could say next year's movie will probably double as the 20th anniversary special, assuming they don't do another one-off special like Mastermind Of Mirage Pokemon.

I hated Mastermind Of Mirage Pokemon !
Whoever wrote it , Obviously loved Digimon more so he created a Movie to show Digital Pokemon to be stronger then Real Pokemon.
Its a shame that Misty made her last appearance there.
Pokemon is in tight spot and they really the Next Movie to become a Hit since it will be a 20 year Celebration movie.
I guess , They can bring back Misty and Other character for that Movie.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
So is next year the 20th anniversary film? Would they promote it since its not going to be in theaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back