• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Poképhobia Halloween Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years

Poképhobia Halloween Challenge
chapter four: the hopeful end of my hatred for iris
white 2 - claustrophobia

whfsVhA.png

I did it. I completed the challenge! Honestly, this was a lot of fun. I'm really glad I decided to do this with White 2, especially since I never fully went through the game before. It was a fantastic game, and I'm angry at myself for never giving it a chance. Anyway, rundown on how I felt about my team:
497.gif

Sonia - Coil
I was kind of sad not going with Tepig, but I think Serperior is a lot better to use than Emboar. It definitely faired well in the game, but sometimes it struggled. It ended up as one of my favorite members of my team!
055.gif

Perry - Amnesia
I never used Golduck until now. Usually, when I get a Psyduck, I just used it to help me against Roark. It definitely earned the spot as the MVP. It rarely ever lost a fight, and definitely ended up on my list of favorite Gen I mons.
196.gif

Kirigiri - Reflect
I'm still shocked over how early he evolved, especially since he fainted twice and I didn't use any stat boosting items on him. It only took eight levels. Anyway, Espeon struggled a lot in the beginning. It wasn't until it learned Future Sight did he start being a valuable member on my team. Then when he learned Psychic, it was over. He was a force to be reckoned with.
462.gif

Napolein - Light Screen
I HATE THIS GUY. It never learned any good moves during our run. The only move it learned that did a good amount of damage was Flash Cannon. It rarely survived outside of the second gym, but I didn't want to raise up another Pokemon so late in the game.
569.gif

Toko - Amnesia
I never used Garbordor before now, and I'm pleasantly surprised about how great she was. She was a very tanky Pokemon, and Stench saved me quite a bit against Elesa, Clay, and Skyla.
323.gif

Maxie - Curse
Honestly, the only regret with Camerupt is how late in the game he was available. I didn't get him until before the eighth gym, and he was only able to shine against Team Plasma. Poor guy didn't get a lot of love like he deserved. :c

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
(how do you do that scrolling bit within a post thing?)

Complete:
2378db96ed8e424b93ecf9941e90086d.png

Spoiler:

Years
Okay, so we haven't gotten much done due to our computer flipping right out, thanks computer. It is... hopefully better now. It is behaving at any rate.

Phonophobia

Trainer: Phonox
Badges:
Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier
Team:
Spoiler:

-~-

Echo
Jigglypuff, M, lv.28, -
Rollout, defense curl, sing, strength

Bathsheba
Slowpoke, F, 30, -
Surf, confusion, growl, curse
- AND? Can'T? LeaRN? WATerFALL??

-~-

Cicada, paras, HM Master

-~-~-

+ Risingbadge
+ League
League Team #1:
7c6c0b6315.png

Kaleo
Feraligatr, M, lv.61, mystic water
Slash, surf, screech, bite

Tanh
Ursaring, M, lv.60, king's rock
Lick, rest, snore, slash

Symphony
Crobat, F, lv.60, blackglasses
Wing attack, supersonic, bite, confuse ray

Hibiki
Granbull, F, lv.61, quick claw
Headbutt, bite, lick, roar

Ninad
Magneton, N, lv.60, pink bow
Thunderbolt, lock-on, screech, tri attack

Zvonmir
Miltank, F, lv.60, hard stone
Body slam, milk drink, rollout, heal bell

Yin
Lapras, F, lv.60, nevermeltice
Surf, sing, perish song, ice beam

Ayane
Tentacruel *, F, lv.60, poison barb
Bubblebeam, screech, barrier, sludge bomb

Ava
Dragonite, F, lv.60, dragon fang
Waterfall, wing attack, supersonic, twister

... Kanto here we come?

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Username: Dyingwillflareon
Fear: Taphophobia
Game: Black 2

-"scared of live burial"
-"buries others alive"
Wow well thisll be interesting

It really wasnt a good choice to play a nds game with this, it takes too long and Ive only got one badge so far.

Im sorry Im changing my signup:

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Fear: Taphophobia
Game: FireRed

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
150px-VSFairy_Tale_Girl.png

Fairy Tale Girl Ilyena
Y | Phonophobia + Taphophobia | Badges: 7

658.gif

L'Viaquez lv. 50 @ Hard Stone
Torrent | Naive
[ Rock Tomb | Round | Extrasensory | Surf ]

416.gif

The Widow lv. 50 @ Sky Plate
Pressure | Naive
[ Confide | Power Gem | Attack Order | Air Slash ]

006.gif

Soothsayer lv. 50 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze | Careful
[ Fly | Roar | Flamethrower | Rock Tomb ]

683.gif

Vedamalady lv. 51 @ Silk Scarf
Healer | Serious
[ Moonblast | Thunderbolt | Psychic | Echoed Voice ]

295.gif

Octahedron lv. 50 @ King's Rock
Soundproof | Rash
[ Rock Tomb | Boomburst | Ice Fang | Crunch ]

310.gif

Inertiatic lv. 44 @ Lucky Egg
Static | Mild
[ Strength | Howl | Snarl | Thunderbolt ]

Time for shit to hit the fan. Gotta go take out Team Flare brb.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Username: FlowersForPopplio
Fear: Arachnophobia, and the one involving thunder and lightning. I can't recall it's name.
Game: Pokemon X

I wanted to do a challenge, but most of them were kind of..regular.

Last edited:
Years
Ohh Fizzlez... How could I miss this? Do you think that I can still make this? Well, let's see...

Username: Janp
Fear: Achluophobia
Game: Sapphire

Aside from today, I don't think I'll have much time next week, but anything can happen

UPDATE: Just quick update... Made it through 4 Gyms so far. I hope I can make this before the end of this event.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Become the unknown...
Black 2 · Achluophobia
Sadie · Nimbasa City
510.png
442.png
109.png
088.png

They say the view in the industrial complex is beautiful at night; still, is that a reason for a little girl to be wandering around a construction site in the dark? Quietly, Sadie climbed the stairs to the raised walkway. She took a step on the narrow beam, then another one; she moved forward, grasping the beam with her tiny feet, even though the height was making her nauseous. The air turned fetid, and she could hear a strange, puffing sound in her left ear. She turned to look, and she could make out a gapping mouth open in a vacant grin, and the distinct shape of skull and crossbones; she lost her footing, and amidst the toxic fumes slowly enveloping her, she was falling. The air around her was thick, almost as if she was sinking in ooze. She flailed, but the sludge pulled at her, as if it had hands, as if it could sense her deepest fear, as if it were... alive. She woke up from her nightmare, frightened and confused, but she was still in the city, the multicolored lights from the amusement park exploding in the night sky. She had four balls, and four badges, that much was real. Pluto, now taller than her, was watching intently into her eyes, waving his sickle-shaped tail in a hypnotic rhythm. She soon fell back to sleep.

Akron joined the party!
109.gif

Akron ♂ Lv. 12
Levitate · Jolly · Likes to run
Musos joined the party!

088.gif

Musos ♂ Lv. 15
Sticky Hold · Impish · Likes to thrash about

Sadie got the Toxic Badge!
50px-Toxic_Badge.png
50px-Insect_Badge.png
Sadie got the Insect Badge!
Sadie got the Bolt Badge!
50px-Bolt_Badge.png

Spoiler:

Years
Achluophobia
Alpha Sapphire

Log 5:
Reached Fallarbor Town without much trouble, then May asked me to help her find Prof Cozmo. We went to Meteor Falls, but before that, while on Route 114, caught a Seviper, named her First Sin. Defeated the grunts at Meteor Falls and went bach to Mauville City with May. Trained a bit, then went to the top of Mt. Chimney and defeated Archie fairly easy with the Toxic/Venoshock combination. Now on to the 4th Badge!
P.s.: Used a heartscale to teach Grey Wind Crunch.

Team:

PinRS262.png

Grey Wind, lvl 26
-Rock Smash
-Howl
-Snarl
-Crunch

PinRS064.png

Dr.Strange, lvl 26
-Confusion
-Teleport
-Reflect
-Miracle Eye

PinRS317.png

Mr.Ben, lvl 26
-Venoshock
-Body Slam
-Toxic
-Amnesia

PinRSani302.png

Puppetboi, lvl 25
-Faint Attack
-Rock Tomb
-Shadow Sneak
-Shadow Claw

PinRSani336.png

First Sin, lvl 26
-Poison Fang
-Dig
-Screench
-Glare

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Good evening girls and ghouls. Here's some screencaps of current progress (sorry for any weird orientation; took these with my phone and I'm too tired to correct anything).

0bb640b46ca42007ebc95ea41e3e6dfe.jpg

54dc1691eba99f5de80300c4919370ff.jpg

d8ae70f17d5385ddcde9fd6dfc90931f.jpg

I've been binging through each playthrough (a few badges a session). Between Sun/Moon coming out and my new job on the horizon (I start in a matter of weeks once the background check is cleared), I haven't been dedicated to this challenge 24/7, but I'll try to have the League done before the end of the week.

Years
That probably would have been done sooner if our computer hadn't been. Unhappy.

Phonophobia

Trainer: Phonox
Badges:
Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier, Rising
League
Boulder, Cascade, Thunder, Rainbow, Marsh, Soul, Volcano, Earth
Red
Team:

Kaleo
Feraligatr, M, lv.63, mystic water
Slash, surf, screech, bite
- Pretty good pokemon
- Part of the VS RED team

Thanh
Ursaring, M, lv.63, king's rock
Lick, rest, snore, slash
- Slash on ursaring is basically just Unfair. High Crit Chance STAB on a pokemon with ludicrous Attack.

Symphony
Crobat, F, lv.62, blackglasses
Wing attack, supersonic, bite, confuse ray
- Pretty strong, just a pity about that lost attack slot.
- If we'd had Mean Look, then we could have used Perish Song against Red... but as is, he's basically the only AI in the game that has a concept of switching, I think.

Hibiki
Granbull, F, lv.63, quick claw
Headbutt, bite, lick, roar
- Yes. Maul all the opponents.

Ninad
Magneton, N, lv.63, pink bow
Thunderbolt, lock-on, screech, tri attack
- Thunderbolt is a blessing and I am Glad To Have It.

Zvonmir
Miltank, F, lv.63, hard stone
Body slam, milk drink, rollout, heal bell
- Also Strong. Very useful when grinding... although we... uh... didn't do much after level 60... When we Probably Should Have.

Yin
Lapras, F, lv.63, nevermeltice
Surf, sing, perish song, ice beam
- Sing was friggin' VITAL in the fight against Red. That Espeon? It was Deadly. One psychic could basically take three quarters of any given pokemon's HP.

Ayane
Tentacruel *, F, lv.63, leftovers
Bubblebeam, screech, barrier, sludge bomb
- I like her. Also Strong. Good pokemon all around.

Ava
Dragonite, F, lv.62, dragon fang
Waterfall, wing attack, supersonic, twister
- Maybe we could have replaced twister with dragonbreath. I dunno.
-~-

Echo
Jigglypuff, M, lv.28, -
Rollout, defense curl, sing, strength

Bathsheba
Slowpoke, F, 30, -
Surf, confusion, growl, curse

-~-

Cicada, paras, HM Master

-~-~-

Suggestion: If you're going to fight Red 20 levels underleveled... bring a Dark Type. That Espeon dude. Wow. WOW.

Pikachu we took out with Ava. Thanh'd be able to deal with it better (we know from having poked at Red multiple times and getting repeadedly blasted by the espeon and having to reload) but starting with Ava allowed us to get him to bring out his Blastoise instead of the murder cat.
Thunderbolted the Blastoise (did it use rain dance? Now I think about it, that'd have been useful against the murder cat)
Then Espeon.
Yin thankfully was a combo of decent Sp.Def, no type weakness to psychic, good-enough speed, and reasonable Sp.Att, and had Sing. Missed the first try, hit the second, then blasted it with Surf and Ice Beam.
I kind of... lose track after that? um.
I know we used Thanh and Kaleo, but. Drawing Blanks. Got all caught up in punching out the Espeon. I think... Maybe we used Kaleo against snorlax? I'm preeeeety sure we used screech and slash on it? ... and Thanh against venusaur?
Can't even remember what we did against Charizard? I guess it must have been the last, though, as we finished on Ayane.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
150px-VSFairy_Tale_Girl.png

Fairy Tale Girl Ilyena
Y | Phonophobia + Taphophobia | Badges: 8 | Champion

658.gif

L'Viaquez lv. 65 @ Hard Stone
Torrent | Naive
[ Rock Tomb | Round | Extrasensory | Surf ]

416.gif

The Widow lv. 63 @ Sky Plate
Pressure | Naive
[ Confide | Power Gem | Attack Order | Air Slash ]

006.gif

Soothsayer lv. 65 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze | Careful
[ Fly | Roar | Flamethrower | Rock Tomb ]

683.gif

Vedamalady lv. 65 @ Silk Scarf
Healer | Serious
[ Moonblast | Thunderbolt | Psychic | Echoed Voice ]

295.gif

Octahedron lv. 64 @ King's Rock
Soundproof | Rash
[ Rock Tomb | Boomburst | Ice Fang | Crunch ]

310.gif

Inertiatic lv. 66 @ Lucky Egg
Static | Mild
[ Strength | Flamethrower | Snarl | Thunderbolt ]

And that's a wrap!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Almost 11PM here, but I should be able to make it by tomorrow night. Currently in Lacunosa, full team, heading towards the seventh gym in Opelucid. And look who got infected!
Spoiler:

Years
Completed the Challenge! ^^

I have to say that I really liked this challenge :). It would be hard for me to say something about each party member, as each one of them had ups and downs, but in the end they were all equally useful. Although I really have to give credits to Espeon, as I could rely on her while other team members were still not fully evolved or lacked any good attacking moves. That said I really liked this Event and I hope that we get a new one soon! ^^

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Stats:
Spoiler:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Become the unknown...
Black 2 · Achluophobia
Sadie
League Champion
It's been a while since I last finished a gen 5 game, so it's nice seeing those credits again!

This has definitely been quite different, playing with only four types, and all of these have been Pokemon that I've never used before, except for Liepard, who was probably the weakest of the bunch, but I just couldn't say no to yet another chance to bring him along. A Liepard with Seed Bomb though is a first, I didn't know it could even learn it.

Having Spiritomb early helped a bit, especially if you're running around with two un-evolved Poison-types and, well, Purrloin; but both Koffing and Grimer improved a lot as they got better moves, and turned out to be amazing as soon as they evolved. These two were definitely my best players against the E4 and champ, and I'll definitely be using Poison-types a lot more from now on.

I wanted to have a Psychic-type on the team too, so I chose Gothitelle. She did a great job, though sadly she didn't see much screen time at the League, except against Marshal. I have to say though, she has the creepiest cry ever, and with that nickname and those looks, she was probably the scariest on the team. As for Drapion, well, she was caught quite late, but as soon as she evolved, she was unbeatable, landing even a few 1HKOs against the E4.

All that said, here's the final team!

510.gif

Pluto ♂ Lv. 56 (Lv. 4 @ Route 19)
Unburden · Careful
Fake Out · Night Slash · Seed Bomb · Aerial Ace
442.gif

Tama ♀ Lv. 59 (Lv. 5 @ Dream Radar)
Infiltrator · Rash
Dark Pulse · Nasty Plot · Shadow Sneak · Hypnosis

110.gif

Akron ♂ Lv. 58 (Lv. 12 @ Virbank Complex)
Levitate · Jolly
Sludge Bomb · Thunderbolt · Flamethrower · Will-O-Wisp
089.gif

Musos ♂ Lv. 59 (Lv. 17 @ Castelia Sewers)
Sticky Hold · Impish
Rock Smash · Gunk Shot · Dig · Acid Armor

576.gif

Berenice ♀ Lv. 57 (Lv. 21 @ Route 5)
Frisk · Calm
Psychic · Fake Tears · Faint Attack · Heal Block
452.gif

Arachne ♀ Lv. 57 (Lv. 31 @ Reversal Mountain)
Battle Armor · Impish
Ice Fang · Crunch · Cross Poison · Toxic Spikes

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Whoops, meant to close this the other night, but things got a little hectic for me. Anyway, thank you guys so much for participating! I hope you've all had a fun time with this event and maybe even conquered your fears. I, on the other hand, still am afraid of XY and don't wanna play it again any time soon. I'll see you guys for the next event. I've got a pretty awesome plan in the works and I hope you'll be able to join in. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back